County Commission Meeting - 01/24/2013

Started by Patriot, January 28, 2013, 10:11:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bullwinkle

Sounds like someone with a vested interest in overtime. ::)

As someone who is helping foot the bill, it should be obvious to most people the reason for concern. :P

Patriot

Quote from: Old Yellow on February 01, 2013, 05:03:15 PM
Then why are you worried about it?

Nobody said they were 'worried' about it.  The thread was just a report of events.  But if anyone here is a taxpayer, the cost of that much overtime for one employee, if unnecessary, might be of interest.

Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

Old Yellow

I understand as a taxpayer that you all are concerned as someone who is helping foot the bill for the overtime. All I had to say was if I was that concerned I would get EMT certified and informed the EMS that I as a taxpayer that is concerned about the overtime would be more than willing to work for you to cut down on the overtime.

I'm just saying as a taxpayer that is one option that you could look at as a taxpayer to cut down on the overtime because it looks to me that you all have a lot of time on your hands.

Patriot

Quote from: Old Yellow on February 01, 2013, 08:24:37 PM
I'm just saying as a taxpayer that is one option that you could look at as a taxpayer to cut down on the overtime because it looks to me that you all have a lot of time on your hands.

Thanks for the analysis & suggestion, but I doubt any of us will be attending grader school and volunteering for the road department to keep costs down either.  As for time on our hands, that would be ours to use as we see fit, now wouldn't it? 

Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

Bullwinkle

Old Yellow, since you seem to be concerned about the questioning of this overtime , perhaps you can explain why it was necessary, and what the cost to the taxpayers amounted to, rather than infer that those raising questions  not concern themselves in much the same way others on the forum have. i.e. "Why don't you run for commissioner? "Why don't you run for school board" and now, "Why don't you become EMT"s" In my opinion, that does not answer the questions raised and is merely a deflection.

If you have any real, pertinent information, I'd like to read it.

Wilma

readyaimduck

Some of my questions as to the overtime would be:
If there are only a few volunteers that are trained, why aren't they volunteering...and then to perhaps answer that is:
1.  Most are working out of town and can't help in time.
2.  Most can't/ won't work for Mr. Mitchel or his Supervisor...which brings other questions.
3.  Those that want to volunteer will need training (expense).

Managing overtime is a tricky business if there are plenty of chaps to offer.  If their is no draw pool, then it's the one guy.  However, I like Mr. Ritz would like to know exactly how this overtime was procured....either by actual on clock jobs, or 10 minutes on the clock at a time.
ready

Janet Harrington

Quote from: readyaimduck on February 02, 2013, 02:14:05 PM

Managing overtime is a tricky business if there are plenty of chaps to offer.  If their is no draw pool, then it's the one guy.  However, I like Mr. Ritz would like to know exactly how this overtime was procured....either by actual on clock jobs, or 10 minutes on the clock at a time.
ready

Managing OT is a tricky business. I have to watch that in the job I am now. Like ready said, if there is no draw pool, then you have to use what you have and if that means OT, then so be it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk