Surviving Without the Pledge of Allegiance . . .

Started by redcliffsw, January 20, 2013, 07:06:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

larryJ

Jarhead, ole buddy, I believe that when you pledge allegiance to the flag "and to the republic for which it stands" means you are pledging allegiance to the flag of the country (republic) not the government.  I don't see the word "government" anywhere there.  My take is that you are pledging allegiance to the United States which is represented by the flag. 

I think. ;D

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

redcliffsw

So if people pledge, how can they ever stand for liberty while the tyrants are in control?

We've already surrendered so much to Washington DC - when they come for your guns,
will you recite the Pledge of Allegiance after you let them have your right to bear arms?

Our founding fathers were true patriots and they would never approve of such pledging.
I'll stay with the founding fathers, not Obama or the Republicans.

jarhead

Red, Seeing as you like to bad mouth Republicans all the time but seem to think the sun rises and sets in Ron Paul's ass, what do you think of the old senile sob's take on an American hero being murdered ?

Former presidential candidate Ron Paul is taking heat for a tweet he sent out Monday afternoon about the Navy SEAL who was killed at a Texas gun range over the weekend.

Chris Kyle, 38, a decorated Iraq war veteran, a former SEAL and author of "American Sniper," was shot and killed Saturday. Police arrested Eddie Ray Routh, 25, a veteran authorities say may have a mental illness related to his military service.

In response to the news, Paul tweeted: "Chris Kyle's death seems to confirm that 'he who lives by the sword dies by the sword.' Treating PTSD at a firing range doesn't make sense."

Diane Amberg

That death is so sad. One theory in treating PTSD is so called "immersion therapy". In this case it went fatally wrong. IMO, Ron Paul and Red both need to have their butts kicked, but for different reasons.

redcliffsw

Well, Jar what do you think about the whole thing?  Looks like Diane is on your side, not mine.   

At the store last Saturday, an Indian looking man saw the Confederate cap that I was wearing
and extended his hand.  I shook his hand and asked if he was American Indian.  He was Sioux
and a U S veteran.  I congratuated him on his ancestors defeating Custer as the Confederates
were not that successful.  He had a big smile and shook my hand again.

By the way, have you noticed the latest Marine commercial on TV?  Just asking to see you're keeping
with the latest as I doubt Ron Paul would think much of it either.

frawin

Quote from: jarhead on February 05, 2013, 11:30:42 AM
Red, Seeing as you like to bad mouth Republicans all the time but seem to think the sun rises and sets in Ron Paul's ass, what do you think of the old senile sob's take on an American hero being murdered ?

Former presidential candidate Ron Paul is taking heat for a tweet he sent out Monday afternoon about the Navy SEAL who was killed at a Texas gun range over the weekend.

Chris Kyle, 38, a decorated Iraq war veteran, a former SEAL and author of "American Sniper," was shot and killed Saturday. Police arrested Eddie Ray Routh, 25, a veteran authorities say may have a mental illness related to his military service.

In response to the news, Paul tweeted: "Chris Kyle's death seems to confirm that 'he who lives by the sword dies by the sword.' Treating PTSD at a firing range doesn't make sense."

Jarhead, it is obvious that Radicalcliff was for Obuma, he well knew every vote he got people to vote for Ron Paul was a vote for Obuma. Like Obuma, Ron Paul is against the people who risk their life for this great Nation.

jarhead

Red, I didn't ask for Diane or anyone else to be on "my side". Didn't even know me asking you a question meant we had to pick sides. As for Diane---you should know by now that if we talk about global warming, erectile dysfunction, or even what the average weight of a fish scale on a large mouth bass is----she is gonna have an opinion---her right, I guess.
What do I think about what Paul said about Chris Kyle being murdered ? I think it is despicable what he said.
I asked what you thought but if you don't want to answer---that's your right.

Diane Amberg

Yes, it is my right to post as I want, especially in subjects I do know a lot about. Remember, I'm old now, have had lots of years to collect experiences on my bones. I'm not that unusuain my world.Ask any teacher with many years of teaching something,anything, or any firefighter/EMT instructor and they could tell you the same.  But you'd chase them off too wouldn't ya? You don't like me...then ignore me! I didn't ever ask any of you to read my posts. 

jarhead

Quote from Diane:
Yes, it is my right to post as I want, especially in subjects I do know a lot about.

Then please tell us all about your knowledge of erectile dysfunction , as I'm sure you have caused a lot of it in your lifetime. What---you think that was rude and uncalled for ? Don't know why you would when you yourself said-----

Quote:
As you can see, I take nothing of this seriously. I learned that several years ago.Ya put on the big girl pantie and deal with it

PS: I think you meant panties but that's OK, I aint the spelling cop and I know what you meant, plus I expect errors from a person that was a teacher in the past century.

jarhead

Diane,
Could you please explain why immersion therapy, which is  ------

"The use of an HMD system for viewing a virtual world complete with hand-held props and even simulated smells. It is controlled by a therapist to help the soldier deal with his or her traumatic memories."
----Had to do with anything pertaining to the murder of Chris Kyle ? Maybe you should stick to the subjects you are an expert in.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk