HUNSUCKER, Patricia J. (Lamb) - b. September 11, 1935 - d. January 2, 2013

Started by patyrn, January 03, 2013, 11:18:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

patyrn

Patricia J. Hunsucker, 77, of Burden, Kansas, passed away Wednesday, January 2, 2013 at Harry Hynes St. Francis in Wichita, Kansas.  Born on September 11, 1935 in Idaho Springs, Colorado, she was the daughter of Charles and Kathryn Lamb.

She was raised and received her education in Idaho Springs, where she graduated from high school in 1953.  She was  united in marriage to John J. Hunsucker on November 23, 1953 in Colorado.  She was a fulltime homemaker, and the couple had resided in Oklahoma and several towns in southeast Kansas.  The couple settled in Burden in the early 1990s.  Patricia was a member of the Burden United Methodist Church.  She enjoyed knitting, crocheting, reading, sewing, and scrapbooking.

Her family includes her husband, John, of the home; her sons, Claude Hunsucker of Wichita, Kansas, Ronnie Hunsucker of Douglass, Kansas, Tom Hunsucker of Burden, Kansas, and John Hunsucker and wife, Sheila of Douglass, Kansas; her daughters, Kathy Hunsucker of Chanute, Kansas, Linda Brakken and husband, Leroy of Independence, Kansas, Debbie Pollett of Holland, Connie Streit and husband, Curtis of Wichita, Kansas, Peggy White of Independence, Kansas, and Mary Enderud and husband, Eric of Udall, Kansas; and her 21 grandchildren and 36 great-grandchildren.  In addition to her parents, she was preceded in death by her sons, Christopher and Bobby Hunsucker; her brother, Pete Lamb; and her sister, Margie Fike.

Funeral services will be held at 10:00 a.m. on Wednesday, January 9, 2013 at the Burden United Methodist Church.  Interment will follow at Elk Falls Cemetery in Elk Falls, Kansas.  Friends may call at Miles Funeral Service, 4001 E. 9th Avenue, Winfield, Kansas 67156 on Tuesday evening, January 8, 2013 from 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.  The family will greet friends from 6:00 to 7:00 p.m. that evening.  A memorial has been established in Patricia's name for the Burden United Methodist Church.  Contributions may be made through the funeral home.

(taken from the Miles Funeral Service website)

flintauqua

From the Winfield Daily Courier:

Patricia Hunsucker

Published: Friday, January 4, 2013 12:07 AM CST

BURDEN — Patricia J. Hunsucker, 77, of Burden, passed away Jan. 2, 2013, at Harry Hynes Memorial Hospice, Via Christi Medical Center on North St. Francis, Wichita.

Services will be 10 a.m. Wednesday at the Burden United Methodist Church. Burial will be in Elk Falls Cemetery.

Friends may call from 5 to 8 p.m. Tuesday at Miles Funeral Service. The family will greet friends from 6 to 7.

Memorials are to the Burden United Methodist Church. Contributions may be made through the funeral home.

Online condolences may be made at www.milesfuneralservice.com.

A more complete obituary will appear in a future Courier.

http://www.winfieldcourier.com/articles/2013/01/04/obituaries/doc50e63b627b767420466613.txt
"Gloom, despair, and agony on me
Deep, dark depression, excessive misery
If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all
Gloom, despair, and agony on me"

I thought I was an Ayn Randian until I decided it wasn't in my best self-interest.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk