Guns - American Style

Started by Warph, December 28, 2012, 10:09:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warph

Here Is The List Of 23 Executive Orders Obama Just Signed On Guns, Plus List Of Measures He's Leaving To Congress

1. Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal agencies to make relevant data available to the federal background check system.
2. Address unnecessary legal barriers, particularly relating to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, that may prevent states from making information available to the background check system.
3. Improve incentives for states to share information with the background check system.
4. Direct the Attorney General to review categories of individuals prohibited from having a gun to make sure dangerous people are not slipping through the cracks.
5. Propose rulemaking to give law enforcement the ability to run a full background check on an individual before returning a seized gun.
6. Publish a letter from ATF to federally licensed gun dealers providing guidance on how to run background checks for private sellers.
7. Launch a national safe and responsible gun ownership campaign.
8. Review safety standards for gun locks and gun safes (Consumer Product Safety Commission).
9. Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal law enforcement to trace guns recovered in criminal investigations.
10. Release a DOJ report analyzing information on lost and stolen guns and make it widely available to law enforcement.
11. Nominate an ATF director.
12. Provide law enforcement, first responders, and school officials with proper training for active shooter situations.
13. Maximize enforcement efforts to prevent gun violence and prosecute gun crime.
14. Issue a Presidential Memorandum directing the Centers for Disease Control to research the causes and prevention of gun violence.
15. Direct the Attorney General to issue a report on the availability and most effective use of new gun safety technologies and challenge the private sector to develop innovative technologies
16. Clarify that the Affordable Care Act does not prohibit doctors asking their patients about guns in their homes.
17. Release a letter to health care providers clarifying that no federal law prohibits them from reporting threats of violence to law enforcement authorities.
18. Provide incentives for schools to hire school resource officers.
19. Develop model emergency response plans for schools, houses of worship and institutions of higher education.
20. Release a letter to state health officials clarifying the scope of mental health services that Medicaid plans must cover.
21. Finalize regulations clarifying essential health benefits and parity requirements within ACA exchanges.
22. Commit to finalizing mental health parity regulations.
23. Launch a national dialogue led by Secretaries Sebelius and Duncan on mental health.

And these are the legislative ideas — i.e., the ones the president wants to push through Congress, starting with the more pliable Senate:

***Require criminal background checks for all gun sales. (a.k.a. closing the "gun show loophole.")

***Reinstate and strengthen the assault weapons ban.

***Restore the 10-round limit on ammunition magazines.

***Protect police by finishing the job of getting rid of armor-piercing bullets.

***Give law enforcement additional tools to prevent and prosecute gun crime.

***End the freeze on gun violence research.

***Make our schools safer with more school resource officers and school counselors, safer climates, and better emergency response plans.

***Help ensure that young people get the mental health treatment they need.

***Ensure health insurance plans cover mental health benefits.
"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Warph

D.C. man who shot dogs biting boy could face charges
City wants to know if gun he used was legal

By Andrea Noble January 23, 2013
The Washington Times

"D.C. police are investigating whether a man will face criminal charges for shooting a pit bull that was attacking a child in his neighborhood.

The incident unfolded Sunday afternoon, after three pit bulls attacked an 11-year-old boy as he rode his bicycle through the Brightwood neighborhood of Northwest, according to a police report.

When the man, a neighbor, saw the boy being mauled by the dogs, he went inside his home and got a gun. The man killed one of the dogs. The gunfire attracted the attention of a police officer in the area near Eighth and Sheridan streets, where the attack occurred. The officer responded and shot the other two pit bulls as they continued to attack the boy.

Another excerpt _______________
"While public opinion might be supportive of the man's actions, he could still face significant charges depending on the outcome of the investigation, criminal defense attorney Daniel Gross said.

READ THE REST:
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/jan/23/man-who-shot-dogs-biting-boy-could-face-charges/

--Warph

-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Warph

List of Guns Banned Under Feinstein's Legislation

By Katie Pavlich
1/24/2013

List of Firearms Prohibited by Name

Rifles: All AK types, including the following:

AK, AK47, AK47S, AK-74, AKM, AKS, ARM,
MAK90, MISR, NHM90, NHM91, Rock River Arms LAR-47, SA85, SA93, Vector Arms AK-
47, VEPR, WASR-10, and WUM, IZHMASH Saiga AK, MAADI AK47 and ARM, Norinco
56S, 56S2, 84S, and 86S, Poly Technologies AK47 and AKS;

All AR types, including the following:

AR-10, AR-15, Armalite M15 22LR Carbine, Armalite M15-T, Barrett REC7,
Beretta AR-70, Bushmaster ACR, Bushmaster Carbon 15, Bushmaster MOE series, Bushmaster
XM15, Colt Match Target Rifles, DoubleStar AR rifles, DPMS Tactical Rifles, Heckler & Koch
MR556, Olympic Arms, Remington R-15 rifles, Rock River Arms LAR-15, Sig Sauer SIG516
rifles, Smith & Wesson M&P15 Rifles, Stag Arms AR rifles, Sturm, Ruger & Co. SR556 rifles;
Barrett M107A1; Barrett M82A1; Beretta CX4 Storm; Calico Liberty Series; CETME Sporter;
Daewoo K-1, K-2, Max 1, Max 2, AR 100, and AR 110C; Fabrique Nationale/FN Herstal FAL,
LAR, 22 FNC, 308 Match, L1A1 Sporter, PS90, SCAR, and FS2000; Feather Industries AT-9;
Galil Model AR and Model ARM; Hi-Point Carbine; HK-91, HK-93, HK-94, HK-PSG-1 and
HK USC; Kel-Tec Sub-2000, SU-16, and RFB; SIG AMT, SIG PE-57, Sig Sauer SG 550, and
Sig Sauer SG 551; Springfield Armory SAR-48; Steyr AUG; Sturm, Ruger Mini-14 Tactical
Rife M-14/20CF;

All Thompson rifles, including the following:

Thompson M1SB, Thompson
T1100D, Thompson T150D, Thompson T1B, Thompson T1B100D, Thompson T1B50D,
Thompson T1BSB, Thompson T1-C, Thompson T1D, Thompson T1SB, Thompson T5,
Thompson T5100D, Thompson TM1, Thompson TM1C; UMAREX UZI Rifle; UZI Mini
Carbine, UZI Model A Carbine, and UZI Model B Carbine; Valmet M62S, M71S, and M78;
Vector Arms UZI Type; Weaver Arms Nighthawk; Wilkinson Arms Linda Carbine.

Pistols: All AK-47 types, including the following:

Centurion 39 AK pistol, Draco AK-47 pistol,
HCR AK-47 pistol, IO Inc. Hellpup AK-47 pistol, Krinkov pistol, Mini Draco AK-47 pistol,
Yugo Krebs Krink pistol;

All AR-15 types, including the following:

American Spirit AR-15pistol, Bushmaster Carbon 15 pistol, DoubleStar Corporation AR pistol, DPMS AR-15 pistol,
Olympic Arms AR-15 pistol, Rock River Arms LAR 15 pistol; Calico Liberty pistols; DSA
SA58 PKP FAL pistol; Encom MP-9 and MP-45; Heckler & Koch model SP-89 pistol; Intratec
AB-10, TEC-22 Scorpion, TEC-9, and TEC-DC9; Kel-Tec PLR 16 pistol;

The following MAC types: MAC-10, MAC-11; Masterpiece Arms MPA A930 Mini Pistol, MPA460 Pistol, MPA
Tactical Pistol, and MPA Mini Tactical Pistol; Military Armament Corp. Ingram M-11, Velocity
Arms VMAC; Sig Sauer P556 pistol; Sites Spectre;

All Thompson types, including the following:

Thompson TA510D, Thompson TA5; All UZI types, including: Micro-UZI.

Shotguns:

Franchi LAW-12 and SPAS 12; All IZHMASH Saiga 12 types, including the
following: IZHMASH Saiga 12, IZHMASH Saiga 12S, IZHMASH Saiga 12S EXP-01,
IZHMASH Saiga 12K, IZHMASH Saiga 12K-030, IZHMASH Saiga 12K-040 Taktika;
Streetsweeper; Striker 12.

Belt-fed semiautomatic firearms:

All belt-fed semiautomatic firearms including TNW M2HB.
--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

Here lies the empty head of the professional liberal.  The present isn't a year or an age, it's a moment.  A passing fleeting thing.

1791 is an eternity away.  A period of time that is so vast that he can hardly conceive of it, not because of the chronological distance, but the cultural distance.

How far away is 1791?  To actor Matthew Modine, its an infinite distance measured by every liberal social gimmick that he is wedded to.  The modern liberal is not an American, he is a citizen of Liberalvania, a fanciful magical kingdom where money is infinite and everyone gets gay married and then breaks into showtunes.  It's not a real place, it's a state of mind.

Who's Up for Another Celebrity Lecture About Gun Control?

http://frontpagemag.com/2013/dgreenfield/whos-up-for-another-celebrity-lecture-about-gun-control/
--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

Dana Loesch, Editor-in-Chief of Big Journalism (http://www.breitbart.com/big-government), was on with loopy Piers Morgan tonight again to discuss gun rights in America.  Dana pulled out an AR15 lighter on the show and began to school Piers on automatic weapons.  Piers didn't like it much.  He told her, "Dana, stop talking for a moment." For some reason Piers always looks pained when Dana is on to talk guns.

Kick a**, Dana

--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

--Warph

-- Warph

jarhead

Oh no---here come the war on those assault bows !!!

New Jersey man allegedly shot another with hunting bow after fistfight
Published January 30, 2013

FoxNews.com

A New Jersey man reportedly faces murder charges after he allegedly shot another man with a hunting bow in an apparent dispute over a woman.

Camden County authorities told the Philadelphia Daily News that the arrow pierced Kereti Paulsen's stomach and perforated the iliac vein in his pelvis late Monday. The 25-year-old man was pronounced dead at Virtua Hospital in Berlin shortly after.

"He wasn't always the best person in the world, and he did a lot of stupid stuff, but he wasn't malicious in any way, and me and my daughter loved him," said Lauren Palmer, the mother of Paulsen's 5-year-old daughter, Aurora.

Authorities said Paulsen, of Cape May Court House, scuffled with another man outside a residence at Brill Avenue and Egg Harbor Road. Palmer said Paulsen had a rocky, on-and-off relationship with a woman who lived at the house.

Everyone except Paulsen went inside following the fistfight and a resident who was not involved, Timothy Canfield, allegedly emerged from the house with a compound bow and several arrows. Authorities said Canfield, 25, shot Paulsen once, striking his target.

Prosecutors said Canfield later tried to hide the bow — commonly used for deer-hunting — in a wooded area of Winslow Township

kshillbillys

Damn Jarhead, I'll bet you're right! Did anybody find out whether it may have been a long bow, compound bow, assault bow? Did it have a scope, laser sights? Was it camo? Was it military style black? The question I put out there to the liberal blabbermouth in Delaware, that went unanswered, was WHAT IS AN ASSAULT WEAPON? One that is used to ASSAULT someone? How about we re-word it. MILITARY GRADE WEAPON. Let's think about this. When they wrote the constitution of the United States, they had muskets; the same weapons were being used by military and civilians alike. Let's go forward in time. Didn't the US Military use Henry repeating rifles, Winchester lever actions, etc? The same guns that were used by cowboys and Indians? The only part that I can agree with on what a military personnel has that a civilian cannot have would be fighter jets, tanks, grenade launchers, bazookas, hand grenades, C-4 and my personal favorite, a nuclear warhead and a machine gun. But the US Government took Acts in 1934 to keep civilians from owning machine guns without a class 3 FFL license and other regulations to assure that those do not fall into wrong hands. It amazes me that the liberals keep calling assault rifles and semi-auto rifles military STYLE weaponry. The same liberals that are putting out a ban on all assault rifles, doing it for the children or to protect the lives of these innocent children, are the same ones that like to jam a pair of scissors into the skulls of an unborn child to murder it. Are these ASSAULT SCISSORS to sever the brain stem, because they've damned sure killed more innocent babies with scissors than any kids have been killed with an assault rifle. But the stupid, blabbermouth liberals don't want anyone to think about the more than 50 million babies murdered in the last 40 years!---Robert L. Walker
ROBERT AND JENNIFER WALKER

YOU CALL US HILLBILLYS LIKE THAT'S A BAD THING! WE ARE SO FLATTERED!

THAT'S MS. HILLBILLY TO YOU!

Diane Amberg

AGAIN, I'm an independent,not a liberal.If I was a liberal, I'd be registered as a Democrat and could vote in their primaries. You lie again and that's how I get misquoted, not that you care a hoot about truth and accuracy.GRRRR
I did anwer your question and gave as short an answer as I could,as I was asked to do. I would never have come back on here, but I don't have to put up with your nonsense either.That was uncalled for and is continuing the problem.   Fine . I have since talked to a bunch of people who know, and they all agreed,'' well it depends." If I must, l will list all the things that generally make an assault weapon, or you can read WARPH's lists and what others have already written. By the way, class 3 weapons have been banned here for quite some time.
Since some of you swear you read our paper, yeh,right, you'll have seen all the letters to the editor recently of the pro and con sort, and all the concerns from average people, who aren't extremists.
You are still talking mixed fruit in some cases. An arrow and the damage one person can do when he's mad at one person,can't compare with what one nut case can do with a weapon that can fire lots and fast and is out to do as much damage as possible and harm as many people as possible. I feel the same about the hammers and knives business.  Sure, they can kill and maim... I've treated many of them over the years. Not one instance required more than one ambulance.
 Now for a really odd one.We have a friend whose mother was a bar maid. A lady visiting the bar had a loaded gun in her purse. She dropped it, the gun went off, fired through her purse and kiled Bob's mother. Talk about a freak accident!
Somebody mentioned cars...not a good comparison IMHO. Cars are indeed registered, as are legal drivers.They take a huge toll on a year wide basis, but very few are homicides directed at " to whom it may concern." A few each year are even suicides.
 The abortion issue should be a whole separate topic. Once again, I am not and never have been a pro abortion advocate, except in extreme cases ,especially if the fetus will not survive, and is beyond today's medical skills to help. Abortion for convience is wrong. So is premarital sex, but we know that is ignored.
You expect people to know and acknowledge how you feel about certain touchy subjects..  I feel the same way. Stop putting words in my mouth. Sorry, I wasn't in the obituary again today. :'(

Ross

I recieveed this in an e-mail this morning.

Alternative to Hand Gun under the Bed.

AND KEEP A SECOND CAN IN YOUR CAR!

I know some of you own GUNS but this is something to think about...

If you don't have a gun, and even if you do, here's a more humane way to wreck someone's evil plans for you.  Did you know this?  I didn't.  I never really thought of it before.  I guess I can get rid of the baseball bat.

Wasp Spray -- A friend who is a receptionist in a church in a high risk area was concerned about someone coming into the office on Monday to rob them when they were counting the collection.  She asked the local police department about using pepper spray and they recommended to her that she get a can of wasp spray instead.

The wasp spray, they told her, can shoot up to twenty feet away and is a lot more accurate, while with the pepper spray, they have to get too close to you and could overpower you. The wasp spray temporarily blinds an attacker until they get to the hospital for an antidote. She keeps a can on her desk in the office and it doesn't attract attention from people like a can of pepper spray would.  She also keeps one nearby at home for home protection. Thought this was interesting and might be of use.

On the heels of a break in and beating that left an elderly woman in Toledo dead, self defense experts have a tip that could save your life.

Val Glinka teaches self-defense to students at Sylvania Southview High School.  For decades, he's suggested putting a can of wasp and hornet spray near your door or bed.

Glinka says, "This is better than anything I can teach them."

Glinka considers it inexpensive, easy to find, and more effective than mace or pepper spray. The cans typically shoot 20 feet; so if someone tries to break into your home, Glinka says "spray the culprit in the eyes". It's a tip he's given to students for decades.

It's also one he wants everyone to hear If you're looking for protection, Glinka says look to the spray. "That's going to give you a chance to call the police; maybe get out."  Maybe even save a life.

Did you also know that wasp spray will kill a snake? 
And a mouse! 
It will!
Good to know, huh?
It will also kill a wasp!!!
And best of all, immobilize a human.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk