Just a quick survey

Started by Varmit, December 06, 2012, 08:56:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Janet Harrington

I would attend on Saturday mornings.

Varmit

Proelk, thats is a good point about calling our officals.  We should be able to pick up the phone and call them. However, I would think that given recent and not so recent events and comments made by certain officals that addressing them face-to-face with others present would be a better means of communication.  That way there isn't any question as to what was discussed or who said what or what decisions were made.  Not only that, but by having the public in attendance at the meetings might discourage our officals from making decisions that are, shall we say, questionable.  And by having more public attendance that would also cut down on a lot of confusion and miscommunication as to what actually took place at the meetings.
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

Patriot

I agree Varmit.  Openness, public communication and transparency in government is always preferable to the potential of 'he said/she said' discussions.  I wold still like to see elected officials who are willing to hold open, well publicized, town halls where the public can inquire and all can see & hear the responses.  I think that would add a new level of accountability that is currently lacking.

Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

Bullwinkle

Well, it worked for our forefathers. Whether in the town square or meeting hall, people like Patrick Henry sounded off about the current issues. They , however, knew proper protocal.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk