Doesn't Make Sense!

Started by Varmit, December 06, 2012, 08:40:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

readyaimduck

So now your head is looking around saying  "I ain't got nobody".......
Couldn't resist.

Ready....to stay  a 'head' of the thread!

Varmit

Quote from: Wilma on December 09, 2012, 04:04:56 PM
I don't believe that the "outsider" would be making any decisions.  Just collecting information and thoughts for the local officials to act on and offering advice from their knowledge and experience.

Yes, the people that make the decisions should keep themselves up to date, but sometimes they don't have the time to find all the up to date information and digest it. 

A facilitator woudn't have a feel for the locals, but on the other hand, they don't need to as they don't make the decisions that affect the locals.  The recent controversy over the Community Conversations was only a lot of malarkey started by a dissonant just because of his own unpleasant experience.

Wilma, I see what you are saying about the "outsider" not making any decisions, but it seems to me that in a round-about way thye are.  By leading a disucssion with preplanned questions they are only gathering information on those questions, which might not have anything to do with the needs of our county schools.  As for not having the time to keep up to date...no offense but that is part of their job. 
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

Varmit

I'll admit I don't know a whole lot about the actual West Elk school building.  What are some of the issues that are going on there?  Is it that there are safety violations, hazardous conditions, or just a want of a bigger school?  I'm not trying to start anything, just want to know what the issues are?
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

Wilma

Varmit, my information is second hand, so I am not going to try to repeat it.  Other people, who actually work there can better answer your questions.

jprxmkt

One problem with the grade school modulars is that the children are shoulder to shoulder, crowded beyond what any kid should have to endure 6 hours a day.

Varmit

jprxmkt, overcrowding can be a problem and cause undue issues.  I haven't seen the inside of the modulars.  How many kids are in each one?

jprxmkt

K-6 have from 17 to 25 per class.

Wilma

Is there more than one grade to a modular?  How about resource room, library, etc?

Mom70x7

Each modular has two classrooms. Part of 3rd grades meets in the elementary library in the morning.

Patriot

Not having seen the blueprints, I must ask... is the problem one of a lack of resources, or of an inability to properly manage the available resources.  Given the knee jerk reactions to events I've personally observed with respect to leadership (?) in county operations, one has to wonder.  I guess the question is... is our real problem a shortage of money & square footage or a shortage of creative leadership?

Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk