Doesn't Make Sense!

Started by Varmit, December 06, 2012, 08:40:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

readyaimduck

Criticism is rather 'subjecitive' to the critic? 
Most of time those who are chastised, are by ones that either doen't understand the situation, or 'didn't get their way'. 
Without understanding of the whole picture, it paints a whole different picture....one that may not appear to be true.
I don't think 'another set of eyes' or ideas is what we need to be spending our monies on, IMO. (Consultant)

ready

Wilma

Constant criticism is non-productive and daily blasts of criticism is considered constant.  In my case, it turns me off.  I no longer hear it and how could I use it as a constructive tool if I am not hearing it?  Any teacher or psychiatrist will tell you that constant criticism is counter productive.  Praise goes so much further.  A little bit of honey catches more flies than a gallon of vinegar.

frawin

Bringing in an outside Facilitator may well save the School system money and/or improve the teaching methods in several ways. Teaching methods, Programs, Monies available all change constantly and spending few dollars to find out how it will fit a specific school system is a good thing. I would consider it a wise investment.

readyaimduck

Frawin:
What will they do that the board was and perhaps  unable to do?  And do we have the money to make this investment right now?
Just wondering.  Education is the upmost importance....so, why are there other goals if that first criteria is not met?  Looks like it is from the awards of West Elk.

ready  (insert commas where needed)

Mom70x7

Quote from: readyaimduck on December 08, 2012, 08:45:18 AM
What will they do that the board was and perhaps  unable to do? 
ready

Not to say whether it's a good or bad idea, but an outside facilitator can be objective - no prior history.

Varmit

Okay..ya'll bring up some really good points! But  if that facilitator leads the discussions with preplanned questions doesn't that give the impression that the outcome is also predetermined, making the public input null and void?
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

readyaimduck

preplanned questions to question.  True, however one has to start somewhere?  What would be your first question be and what was theirs?  (I wasn't at the meeting)
Mine would be:  What are some of the issues that cannot be met that I can can help you with today?

(I am in NOOOOOOOOooooooooooooo way affiliated with these Facilitators.)
ready

Wilma

That facilitator should have a plan or preplanned questions.  Otherwise, something important might be overlooked.  That facilitator should have a lot more experience in this sort of planning than what out local people have.  That facilitator probably has helped with other districts and is aware of problems that could arise that our local people have never heard of.  Preplanned questions does not necessarily mean that it will lead to a desired outcome.  Preplanned questions just mean that important points are less likely to be missed.

readyaimduck

Good point, Wilma.  And I will add that as long as the questions do not hold a "hidden agenda", then that is ideal. 
Perhaps that is the question.

And, that may or may not be the issue with this thread?????
ready..... for a response

Wilma

Why not give them the benefit of cooperation instead of immediately jumping to the conclusion that they have a hidden agenda?  Do you know that anyone has a hidden agenda?  And if you do, how do you know?  Do you know what the preplanned questions are?  Our best bet is to be quiet and listen until the meeting or whatever is happening.  Then attend the meeting, listen and ask questions, listen to the answers and learn.  I would have to hide in the closet all night if I assumed that every sound that I hear at night is a monster.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk