Elk County Commission - 11/26/12

Started by Patriot, November 26, 2012, 07:23:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Varmit

I would like to know who applied to the neighborhood revitialization program before it was even put into play? How did they find out about it? Why would they apply to it without it being in effect? HOW could they apply for it if it wasn't on the books yet?  Who told them to apply? Who approved their application? Why was the $20,000. rate set so high?

Just a few questions I would like answers to.

By the way, seems to me that if the reasoning behind this was to get people to make improvements to their property then the qualifing amount would have been set a level that more people could afford.
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

Patriot

Quote from: Varmit on November 28, 2012, 10:12:12 PM
I would like to know who applied to the neighborhood revitialization program before it was even put into play? How did they find out about it? Why would they apply to it without it being in effect? HOW could they apply for it if it wasn't on the books yet?  Who told them to apply? Who approved their application? Why was the $20,000. rate set so high?

Just a few questions I would like answers to.

By the way, seems to me that if the reasoning behind this was to get people to make improvements to their property then the qualifing amount would have been set a level that more people could afford.

Good questions, all.  And all were asked and unanswered (or avoided) in commission meetings past.  As for the $20,000 threshold, that was discussed at length at a commission meeting last summer.  No rational was given for the amount, but Commissioner Liebau was clear that he thought the amount should have been $40,000 or $50,000... or more.

Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

mtcookson

I haven't been keeping on this one well enough. Did they set some sort of requirements or specifics as to what the "requirements" actually are? For instance... can I pay sometime to "improve" my property by simply having them trim a single tree and providing a receipt stating I paid $20k for it? (then of course offering the same service for the same charge to the same person so that we both have $20k improvements to our property) :D

Patriot

Quote from: mtcookson on November 28, 2012, 11:08:16 PM
I haven't been keeping on this one well enough. Did they set some sort of requirements or specifics as to what the "requirements" actually are? For instance... can I pay sometime to "improve" my property by simply having them trim a single tree and providing a receipt stating I paid $20k for it? (then of course offering the same service for the same charge to the same person so that we both have $20k improvements to our property) :D

No, it's a tad more complicated than that.  The appraiser will be monitoring the projects and calculating assessments.

BTW... I see in the paper that Howard City is having hearings on a revitalization plan of their own.  Interesting... it's an epidemic.

mtcookson

Hmm... well, "they" do tend to complain about loopholes so that does make sense.

Will have to keep an eye on the Howard deal. Last time they tried "cleaning up" I wasn't prepared and lost a lot of money. Won't happen again, that's for sure.

Patriot

Quote from: mtcookson on November 28, 2012, 11:20:30 PM
Hmm... well, "they" do tend to complain about loopholes so that does make sense.

Will have to keep an eye on the Howard deal. Last time they tried "cleaning up" I wasn't prepared and lost a lot of money. Won't happen again, that's for sure.

They're moving fast... 1st Notice of Public Hearing was in the paper today.  Check it out.  I wonder if the city and county plans are Konnected in any way.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk