Now the United (Police) State of America . . . . .

Started by redcliffsw, November 23, 2012, 09:42:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

redcliffsw

Doug Casey on the America That Was – Now the United (Police) State of America

Then came the forceful assertion of one national government, with states reduced to administrative regions via the War of Southern Secession, from 1861-'65. I'm no fan of state governments, incidentally, but at least they're smaller and closer to their subjects than the federal government. Another major step in the wrong direction occurred with the Spanish-American War of 1898, where the US acquired an overseas empire by force. The next major step downhill was the creation of the Federal Reserve and the income tax, both in 1913, just in time for World War I. It took time for these things to make the system crash, because it was still a fairly free economy.

"National security" essentially amounts to nothing more than government security, which amounts to cover for the individuals in the government. Nazi Germany and the USSR were national-security states. As I've tried to explain in the past, once a critical mass is reached, it's impossible to reform a government. I believe we've reached that state in the US.
-Doug Casey

http://lewrockwell.com/casey/casey139.html

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk