Petitions to Secede From the U.S. Filed in 20 States

Started by kshillbillys, November 12, 2012, 07:02:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kshillbillys

While most of the petitions come from states that supported Mitt Romney in last week's election, a few swing states and even the deep blue Northeast are represented and seeking to withdraw from the United States to create their own governments.

Petitions have been filed for Alabama, Arkansas, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Oregon, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Texas.
For example: 

"We petition the Obama Administration to peacefully grant the State of Alabama to withdraw from the United States of America and create its own new government," reads the Alabama petition.

-- and --

"Peacefully grant the State of Tennessee to withdraw from the United States of America and create its own NEW government."

Of course, this is mostly a symbolic gesture.  The odds of the American government granting any state permission to go its own way is not very likely.
ROBERT AND JENNIFER WALKER

YOU CALL US HILLBILLYS LIKE THAT'S A BAD THING! WE ARE SO FLATTERED!

THAT'S MS. HILLBILLY TO YOU!

kshillbillys

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petitions

I went on here to look at the petitions and found that Oklahoma now has a petition as well. I guess if this was to actually work and Kansas didn't follow suit, Oklahoma isn't too far to go!---J

mtcookson

I talked about this in ready's thread, but I had been thinking about how cool it would be for a bunch of states to secede buuuut... there's a slight issue. The states are actually just as guilty as the federal government of taking away our rights. It could potentially be a good thing if a bunch of them seceded and joined together to sort of recreate the U.S. using the constitution but I have a bad feeling it would be almost dangerous and like walking on thin ice...

There's simply no government, from as small as the rural cities up to the federal government, that I trust right now. Nearly all of them are guilty of taking away our rights in some form. Just to name one simple one that probably no one thinks of... does anyone know of any city anywhere in the U.S. that doesn't have some form of dog licensing or registration?

mtcookson

Its up to 31 states now and the numbers are increasing by the minute. Not that anything would really happen but it is interesting to see. Will be more interesting to see what the admin's response is as there are already two that are over 25,000 needed for "attention". Technically there are more than two but there are duplicates which are splitting the numbers. In the list below, the ones with the + denotes there are two petitions for the same state. By the time I even finish typing this sentence alone, all of these numbers will be higher. https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petitions

Delaware - 2873
California - 2624
Ohio - 2627
Nevada - 4051
Pennsylvania - 5357
Arizona - 8398
Oklahoma - 666 + 8592
Arkansas - 11395
South Carolina - 12035 + 9435
Georgia - 15351 + 8264
Missouri - 9779 + 8724
Tennessee - 15117
Michigan - 10660
New York - 2086 + 9799
Colorado - 11676
Oregon - 8641
New Jersey - 8188
North Dakota - 7531
Montana - 8370
Indiana - 10503
Mississippi - 10373
Kentucky - 10268
Florida - 16700 + 16847
North Carolina - 14636
Alabama - 15834
Texas - 55721
Utah - 1445
Wyoming - 1611
Louisiana - 25439
Kansas - 149
Alaska - 173

Recount the election - 31774

Edit:

Since writing this Kansas has been added and is already at 149. :D https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/peacefully-grant-state-kansas-withdraw-united-states-america-and-create-its-own-new-government/k96nJrY6

kshillbillys

Patriot

For others who might consider notifying the Obama White House that you are suborning succession from the most powerful military complex on earth (especially one that is leaning Marxist), please think twice.  Perhaps it's wise to keep your cards close to the vest.

Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

Varmit

Patriot, they already know who I am and I make no bones about expressing my support for succession, so the way I see  "I'll sign it so the bloody bastards can read it!"
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

redcliffsw

Quote from: Varmit on November 15, 2012, 10:55:57 AM
Patriot, they already know who I am and I make no bones about expressing my support for succession, so the way I see  "I'll sign it so the bloody bastards can read it!"

Yeah, they think themselves to be so patriotic.  They're something else . . . . .

Ross

All 50 states are in it now.
And Puerto Rico wanting to join the uUS of A.

Fire Elk

Quote from: Ross on November 15, 2012, 07:06:03 PM
All 50 states are in it now.
And Puerto Rico wanting to join the uUS of A.

Ross, I had not seen that Puerto Rico voted to become a state. I was sure they would vote to stay as they are now. I never even checked to see how the vote came out.
KEEP THE BATTLEFRONT CLEAR PLEASE DON'T FEED THE TROLLS.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk