What does this sound like to you?

Started by Patriot, October 16, 2012, 11:02:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patriot

When I look beyond the fluff, it looks like a sugar coated pill that erodes private property rights.  You keep it up, you pay the taxes, but you can't expand your tillable ground or build a new house... forever.  Caveat emptor:  Let the buyer beware.

Flint Hills Legacy Conservation Area

...Extends from the northern to the southern border in eastern Kansas. Covers part of 21 counties: Butler, Chase, Chautauqua, Clay, Cowley, Dickinson, Elk, Geary, Greenwood, Harvey, Jackson, Lyon, Marion, Marshall, Morris, Pottawatomie, Riley, Shawnee, Washington, Woodson, and Waubansee...

Easement contracts specify perpetual protection of habitat for trust species and limits on residential, industrial, and commercial development. Contracts prohibit alteration of the natural topography, conversion of native grassland to cropland, drainage of wetland, and establishment of game farms.

Easement land remains in private ownership. Therefore, property tax and invasive plant control remain the responsibility of the landowner, who also retains control of public access to the land.
(Emphasis added)

Read the government article:  http://www.fws.gov/mountain-prairie/planning/lpp/ks/flh/flh.html

Hey citizens... making any connections yet?

Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

Ross

I thought it was supposed to be a non-enforceable solution.
So, why the contract with a signature?
Doesn't that make it enforceable?
How do I get out of the contract if I screw up and accidentally sign one?

Patriot

Quote from: Ross on October 17, 2012, 09:47:27 AM
Doesn't that make it enforceable?
How do I get out of the contract if I screw up and accidentally sign one?

Yes, it's enforceable, and you don't get out of it.  As I understand it, only the land trust holding the easement can terminate the easement.... hence the word 'perpetual'... forever.  So much for your heirs or assigns gettin a clear title in the future.

Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

redcliffsw

Conservation Easements are bad news for the future of American liberty.

Well - so are a lot of other things the American communists have in mind.

As you boys know, their numbers are rapidly growing.  Looks like you have
a good idea who the local communist supporters are.  Stay on 'em there
at the local level and do what you can to head 'em off.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk