An old timer who 'gets it'

Started by Patriot, October 18, 2012, 02:05:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patriot

With age sometimes comes wisdom.  In doing some research on trees, I ran across a website about hybrid trees.  But the interesting part came when one of the pages on this old fella's website jumped out at me.... at 70+, this man 'gets it'.

From Frank Gomez in Glenmoore PA

January 1, 2012 - I am not going to paint you a rosie picture, instead I am going to tell you the truth as I see it.

I have been around here for over 50 years, I am 73 and have seen much more than most of you. My friends, we are out for a big awakening! Unemployment is way too high, the US owes over 16 trillion dollars, home prices are still going down, all State and Local governments are broke, and the money coming in is not enough to even pay the interest on the debt.

It does not take a rocket scientist to know what the next step is, however, most of us are DENYING the fact that we are in a heap of trouble.

Yes, most of us still have the head stuck in the sand and we are ignoring the sad future that awaits us. There is no way we are going to get out of this one, there is no magic wand to shake, and if the US plays the cards right, we will start getting out of the mess we are in, in about 25 years, no sooner. Yes, I will not be able to see that, I will be dead by then.

Read what else he has to share (long, but worth the read):  http://www.hybridpoplars.com/basics.htm

Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk