Rudy Taylor and Dale Smith.

Started by Fire Elk, October 08, 2012, 06:00:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ross

Quote from: Fire Elk on October 17, 2012, 08:01:45 PM
I understand the reason you no longer post. I hope you post more of your poetry. If I could figure how to get all the people that have left the forum to post again I would. If I could convince those that post now how to do so without the bullying, I would.  It was a better forum with opinions from a wide variety of people. Back 4 to 5 years ago. That was a better forum. I don't know how to convince everyone that that was better than what we have now.

You want to blame everyone else, how about accepting some responsibility for your own actions and I quote right from this thread:

Quote from: ELK@KC on October 11, 2012, 08:54:21 PM
I think the best way to shut Ross up will be a big voter turn out for Ken and Liz.

How snide is that remark? "shut Ross up"

Perhaps the forum posts prior to Elk Konnected, LLC were different, I don't know. But politics is a touchy thing isn't and some people just don't like the truth or like to give truthful answers do they? So the ball rolls and rubs some people wrong, right? So the snide remarks and name calling happens, right.

But the only people that have the say and control of this forum are the owners, right?

Fire Elk

Quote from: Ross on October 17, 2012, 08:23:30 PM
You want to blame everyone else, how about accepting some responsibility for your own actions and I quote right from this thread:

How snide is that remark? "shut Ross up"

Perhaps the forum posts prior to Elk Konnected, LLC were different, I don't know. But politics is a touchy thing isn't and some people just don't like the truth or like to give truthful answers do they? So the ball rolls and rubs some people wrong, right? So the snide remarks and name calling happens, right.

But the only people that have the say and control of this forum are the owners, right?

Ross, I am not Elk@KC. So your quote is wrong. I don't want to shut anyone up. What I want to do is have all of the voices without the bullying. Go back and read the forum from 4 to 5 years ago. It was a diverse group of voices and once in a while mean. But we easily got over the bad spots.  That is not the case now.
KEEP THE BATTLEFRONT CLEAR PLEASE DON'T FEED THE TROLLS.

Fire Elk

Quote from: Ross on October 17, 2012, 08:23:30 PM

...But the only people that have the say and control of this forum are the owners, right?

Ross, yes they have the ultimate control. The rest of us have control of what we say, how we interact with others on the forum, and the community we build with the free forum the owners provide. It was better 4 to 5 years ago. If I can figure out how to get it back to that I will. Take a look for yourself. Until then hold on, I will spar with you anytime. Full contact or not. :laugh:
KEEP THE BATTLEFRONT CLEAR PLEASE DON'T FEED THE TROLLS.

ELK@KC

Quote from: Fire Elk on October 17, 2012, 08:33:17 PM
Ross, I am not Elk@KC. So your quote is wrong. I don't want to shut anyone up. What I want to do is have all of the voices without the bullying. Go back and read the forum from 4 to 5 years ago. It was a diverse group of voices and once in a while mean. But we easily got over the bad spots.  That is not the case now.
Fire Elk, you are right on, it was better Pre-Ross and Pre-Patriot. Almost everyone has quit participating at all.
Everyone I have talked to says they are really tired of Ross's repetitive BS.

Ross

Quote from: ELK@KC on October 18, 2012, 06:38:51 AM
Fire Elk, you are right on, it was better Pre-Ross and Pre-Patriot. Almost everyone has quit participating at all.

Are the people you are talking to educated enough to realize they are not required to follow or read what they don't want to follow or read?

Do the people you refer to even exist, or are they a figment of your imagination?

And the reason I ask that, is because, I don't believe anyone is forced to read or follow what they don't want to read or follow?

Do you believe those people you refer to really exist, do you require that they read and follow what they don't want to read and follow?

If they are following a thread they get an email and in that email there is a line that says: Unsubscribe to this topic by clicking here:.

If those people you are refering to really exist, this should solve their problem. For every problem there is a solution, pretty simple.

I am very happy to have helped those people with this problem, if they truely exist and wanted a solution.

Have a great day.

Bullwinkle

People quit "participating" for various reasons, and I doubt seriously that Ross or Patriot are the major reason. I would bet more people have joined in because of their posts, rather.   :o

The forum is no different in this respect than Facebook, once the novelty wears off, it no longer appeals to many.   ::)

jarhead

Quote from Bullwinkle:
People quit "participating" for various reasons, and I doubt seriously that Ross or Patriot are the major reason. I would bet more people have joined in because of their posts, rather.

The forum is no different in this respect than Facebook, once the novelty wears off, it no longer appeals to many.

Bull, I would say you are a wise ol moose.
Still amazes me how there are those who cry about what is being said in the politics thread, but keep going back to it. Just like people who come upon a car wreck and afraid there might be blood & guts but still rubberneck when they go by, hoping to get a glimpse of the gore.
Why can't the ones who don't like the bickering just stay away from the politics thread ? Think I've said before the threads on hummingbirds and cats have no interest for me so I usually shy away from reading them but I damn sure don't begrudge them that posts whatever floats their boat.
For the record---hummingbirds taste just like chicken. :angel:

Patriot

Quote from: ELK@KC on October 18, 2012, 06:38:51 AM

You opinion is surely yours to hold, but the numbers below tell a different tale. While it's flattering that you ascribe so much power to me, I think you're you're wrong.  Those who visit this forum make free choices, and there are lots of choices to make.  They aren't forced to read anything... including what Ross says.  With an average of 112 folks online, almost 70 new posts & nearly 5000 page views each day, it would appear that you aren't talking to enough people.

Average registrations per day:    0.8
Average posts per day:    67.29
Average topics per day:    4.84
Total Boards:       21
Average online per day:    112.35
Average page views per day:    4944.75

Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

larryJ

Jarhead and most of the rest of you know that I shun the politics thread, mostly because of the bickering and lack of useful information.  I have posted there when something bothered me or if someone asked me something.  But, for the most part, I find that there is too much bashing and not enough actual information someone could use.  I still read it in case something worthwhile gets posted, but I rarely comment.  If someone slams me or my thoughts (like that would every happen  ;) I would not respond.  There is an old physics adage:

FOR EVERY ACTION THERE IS A REACTION.

I think that if noone would react or respond to any meaningless gibberish on any thread, then that thread would go away. 

Just saying.......

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

farmgal67357

I suggested that about a year ago, it didn't happen. So, there are just some posts from certain people that I don't read or respond to.....works for me.
Lisa
Lisa

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk