The Busy Bee Daycare

Started by Patriot, October 04, 2012, 08:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patriot

Quote from: Fire Elk on October 05, 2012, 07:48:43 PM
Now back to the daycare. Trying to see if the county could support anything other than small daycare in someone's home or something that is supported with government funds.

I am trying to find our max population of possible customers. If anyone knows the number of kids 12 or under in EK let me know.

I don't have the figures you seek, but I do want to commend you for what I see as the first sound, intelligent approach to local business planning I've observed... market based research.  As opposed to the usual "gee, that sounds funderful" approach, your evaluation methods make sense & are refreshing.  Thanks.  I hope the numbers work.

Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

Fire Elk

Ross, that google public data thing is cool. Thanks. I don't want to say how much time I spent coming up with my number of 167, which by the way is very close to the 168 for 14 and under on the graph.
KEEP THE BATTLEFRONT CLEAR PLEASE DON'T FEED THE TROLLS.

Patriot

Of course, geographic location of the kids vs the location of the care facility or facilities might be important as well when considering the needs of parents and their commute requirements.  Also, staffing requirements have to be observed.  For the various licensing levels, those are found here:  http://www.kdheks.gov/bcclr/lic_and_req.html
Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

Ross

Quote from: Fire Elk on October 05, 2012, 08:03:01 PM
Ross, that google public data thing is cool. Thanks. I don't want to say how much time I spent coming up with my number of 167, which by the way is very close to the 168 for 14 and under on the graph.

I was curious about the same question and did a google search yesterday, and put it in a chart for possible future use.
I noticed, I am heading towards the bottom of the list. And you know what, each year goes faster and faster.

I would suggest you keep in mind the number of grandparents that keep their grandchildren in order to save mom and dad the high cost of daycare.

I know of an elderly couple that just took in two of their grandchildren on a full time basis while hoping it is just for a short period of time. say 6 months to a year. And their a lot of other scenerios that may prevent the use of daycare. I'd even consider the possibility that people fro Longton that work in Independence would most likely not want to drive the miles to moline and then turn around and drive back through Longton on their way to work and reverse the route at the end of the day, especially with the cost of gasoline these days. I do believe it would require a great deal of thought and study.

I'd thought about a family center with pinball machines and video games and pool tables and burgers and fries, but I just didn't and don't see the population to support such an endeavor. Although I do believe it would be a great thing for the community. Of course if a person could get everything given to them, it might underscore might be feasible.

I would loved to have done something like that, but oh well, maybe in the next life. LOL

Fire Elk

This is purely an entertainment exercise for me to figure out the how to put in a daycare center. I have a little experience in that I was responsible for daycare centers as either an employee perk or a customer perk. These were not for profit. You both mention good things to keep in mind and I had considered them.  Using a bunch of rules of thumb If you could get all 168 kinds in day care at 300 per month (state avg.) you could generate 500 to 600,000. Using a rule of thumb on all businesses if you made 7% profit on revenue, I could get $42,000 per year investment income. Just above the per capita income. I do think that someone with the credentials\desire could make a go of something if they can get 20-30 kids. I know you two are against government subsidy. Just remember neither one of you would have roads, electricity, water if the Feds didn't pay for it. It is not necessarily a bad thing if EK went back to a wild prairie might bring in tourism. But then there would  be a push to make it into a State or National Park. :laugh:

Fire Elk

Thanks Patriot and Ross you actually gave me good resources and things to keep in mind. I will tell you while I am fiscally conservative I am more liberal than you to when it comes to social issues. Thanks for the discussion though, it was entertaining.

Fire Elk

jarhead

Quote from Fire Elk :
Just remember neither one of you would have roads, electricity, water if the Feds didn't pay for it.

Where does Uncle Sam get the money to "give" us the roads, electricity and water----"you didn't build that business---we did".
Are you getting bored with yanking our chain yet ?

Diane Amberg

Kansas couldn't afford it, so the Feds took pity on ya, took it from us and gave it to you. :angel: ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Fire Elk

Quote from: jarhead on October 06, 2012, 05:00:26 PM
Quote from Fire Elk :
Just remember neither one of you would have roads, electricity, water if the Feds didn't pay for it.

Where does Uncle Sam get the money to "give" us the roads, electricity and water----"you didn't build that business---we did".
Are you getting bored with yanking our chain yet ?

No one is yanking your chain. Without further explanation I have no idea what you are talking about. If you want to have a serious discussion then go ahead.  Otherwise go yank your own chain. Your post is rude and not what I would expect from a marine or someone from Elk County.

Fire Elk

Ross

Quote from: Fire Elk on October 06, 2012, 05:23:21 PM
No one is yanking your chain. Without further explanation I have no idea what you are talking about. If you want to have a serious discussion then go ahead.  Otherwise go yank your own chain. Your post is rude and not what I would expect from a marine or someone from Elk County.

Fire Elk

And you sir are to mushy with your sweet talk, like the Bureaucrats that want to spend money they don't have and use "OPM" Other Peoples Money. You also sound like Elk Konnected, LLC with all the sweet talk about making a business. You apparently don't care about the families that have daycare in their home and their efforts to get qualified, so they could have an income to help put groceries on the table. I asked you about that or at least mentioned it and I hear no concern from you for those families that may be hurt by some greedy organization. Apparently organizations such as Elk Konnected, LLC and the YMCA is what matters more to you. That is shameful in my opinion.

All I'm reading is get all 168 kids in day care and make money, to heck with other people.  

Would Elk Konnected, LLC try to have it mandated through the Konnected Kounty Kommissioners?

Would the founder of Elk Konnected, LLC diss people that didn't use their daycare, as she did with the actual and real communities that opted out of the trash service?

How Pathetic?

This afternoon Elk Konnected, LLC received a refrigerator, a dishwasher and a dryer and a small kitchen table with my assistance. I surely hope that helps them with their beggar list.  I asked Mrs. Miller if she told Konnected Kounty Kommissioner Hendricks that she was talking with me (Ross) she said yes. I asked if her hair stood on end! The reaction was terrific. I can't find the words to describe it. But apparently something happened, so to say funny will have to do. Mrs. Miller was a very pleasant person and she has a terrific family, it was a pleasure to meet them.

Attitude? Really?

I hope the Elk Konnected, LLC appreciates the equipment and table. Compliments of mean old redneck Ross.

I think we need better attitude in County Government and some positive change in November!
What do you think about some new men in office?

So let's get out there and vote for some positive Change, Okay?

Let's change things, let's take our County Government back.

Write-in  Mr. Wunderlich

And vote for  Mr. Hebb

A Great Improvement,  Great POSITIVE change For Elk County
Actually an Amazing Improvement For Elk County
As Larry the Cable Guy own catchphrase says "Git-Er-Done!"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk