Meet the man who owns more land than Ted Turner

Started by flintauqua, September 29, 2012, 08:21:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

flintauqua

"Gloom, despair, and agony on me
Deep, dark depression, excessive misery
If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all
Gloom, despair, and agony on me"

I thought I was an Ayn Randian until I decided it wasn't in my best self-interest.

redcliffsw

Is the USA communist?
This man and other "Big Dog" landowners like him are into Conservation Easements.
The little dogs and the big dogs are living off the government.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/monteburke/2012/09/18/the-nations-top-ten-largest-landowners-and-their-conservation-ethics/

flintauqua

Quote from: redcliffsw on September 30, 2012, 06:31:20 AM
Is the USA communist?
This man and other "Big Dog" landowners like him are into Conservation Easements.
The little dogs and the big dogs are living off the government.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/monteburke/2012/09/18/the-nations-top-ten-largest-landowners-and-their-conservation-ethics/

Wow, so if you have any conservation easements, you are a communist?  Then why haven't the Koch Brothers and other Sons of the John Birch Society revoked John Malone's CATO Institute membership card, since he is on their board of directors?

Moderator - Since Red changed this from a mere informational post to a political one, probably need to move this thread over to Politics.

I thought I was an Ayn Randian until I decided it wasn't in my best self-interest.

redcliffsw

I've never heard of John Malone until your post and I'm not
much familiar with the Cato Institute.  Regardless, it looks like
John Malone has few principles if he's into the Conservation
Easements.  Also, Cato people may not be familiar with Conservation
Easements.

There's a lot of "fake" conservatives in this country and it appears
that you've discovered another one.

flintauqua

Quote from: redcliffsw on October 01, 2012, 09:22:42 AM
much familiar with the Cato Institute.  Regardless, it looks like
Easements.  Also, Cato people may not be familiar with Conservation
Easements.

So, just who are the 'real' conservatives?  Name a few, and please don't start your list with Ron Paul or Lew Rockwell, we are already well aware of your devotion to them.

And, I find it highly questionable that you are 'not much familiar with the Cato Insitute' since it was co-founded by Murray Rothbard and continues to be one of the nations most influential advocates for individual liberty and free markets.

Diane Amberg

Red, you don't know about the Cato Institute? My word son, ya need to check it out! Ya don't know what ya'll  been missin'. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :o

Fire Elk

Quote from: redcliffsw on October 01, 2012, 09:22:42 AM
much familiar with the Cato Institute.  Regardless, it looks like
Easements.  Also, Cato people may not be familiar with Conservation
Easements.

Redcliffsw, you sir are no conservative. What you are is a Regressive. What you are is Orthodox.  Conservative is someone that wants to preserve the way things are and move forward or backward slowly with a good deal of consternation. I don't mean that in a bad way. It is what it is. Conservation easements when everyone understands the contract are the ultimate expression of free market and contract law.
KEEP THE BATTLEFRONT CLEAR PLEASE DON'T FEED THE TROLLS.

redcliffsw

Free market?  Where do you get that kind of idea? 

The USA is not supposed to be in the land and mineral business.
You'd better check further about Conservation Easements and
learn about 'em.   

It would be interesting to know where the County Fed's stand is
on Consevation Easements.  Are they for the landowners or
are they supporting the Fed's and the Nature Conservancy?

redcliffsw

Quote from: flintauqua on October 01, 2012, 09:41:14 AM
So, just who are the 'real' conservatives?  Name a few, and please don't start your list with Ron Paul or Lew Rockwell, we are already well aware of your devotion to them.

And, I find it highly questionable that you are 'not much familiar with the Cato Insitute' since it was co-founded by Murray Rothbard and continues to be one of the nations most influential advocates for individual liberty and free markets.

I'm not into following the Cato group, however I think black economist Walter E. Williams is
a member of Cato and Walter Williams is one of the finest free market economists in the USA.

There's a lot of real conservatives out there and there's no way I'd know who all of them are.
I know there are some real conservatives on the local level in counties like Chautauqua, Elk,
and Greenwood.  Just need many more of 'em.

flintauqua

Quote from: redcliffsw on October 01, 2012, 05:04:15 PM
I'm not into following the Cato group, however I think black economist Walter E. Williams is
a member of Cato and Walter Williams is one of the finest free market economists in the USA.

There's a lot of real conservatives out there and there's no way I'd know who all of them are.
I know there are some real conservatives on the local level in counties like Chautauqua, Elk,
and Greenwood.  Just need many more of 'em.

Do you consider Charles and David Koch conservative?  Are candidates that are backed by Americans For Prosperity conservative?  Is the Christian Coalition conservative?  How about William F. Buckley, was he conservative?  Just trying to figure out what makes one a conservative in your opinion.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk