Elk County Commission: To tree, or not to tree!

Started by Patriot, September 12, 2012, 07:04:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

srkruzich

I heard cedar being mentioned, they have their own problems here.  ALl the cedar here has rust on it and bagworms cover them.

Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Bullwinkle

Must be the same squeek that Patriots heard at the commission meeting.

srkruzich

I don't  know why anyone would worry about a pine tree. they are only good for one thing that is cutting down.  make lumber out of them as fast as you can.  The only thing they do is become projectiles in a high wind ice storm or tornado.  Dang things are a pain ithe butt especially in winter when they sound like shotguns as they break and fall on top of your house. 

I cut every single pine off my place back in ga, and milled it into lumber.

but then you can get your logs milled for .18 a bf now too

Patriot

Quote from: Bullwinkle on September 14, 2012, 08:40:59 AM
       Must be the same squeek that Patriots heard at the commission meeting.

Squeek?  Now tht's a new one.  LOL

Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

Wilma

The first entry to this thread referred to these trees as cedar trees.  Now they are pine trees.  Which is it?  Not that it makes any difference, but mostly they have been called pine trees which are killed by a beetle and there is nothing that can be done about it.  Red cedars bear a rust disease that they share with apple trees, but I don't recall any of the trees being killed by it.  It is just a nuisance.  So which is it, pine or cedar?

Patriot

My mistake, Wilma.  They are pines, I believe.  Pines, cedars or rocks, however, has no bearing on the real issues of this thread.  If I had simply said 'trees' the problems of a rouge commissioner operating against the decisions of the entire board of commissioners would still have been the main point.

Patriot

For folks who are more interested in trees than politics, perhaps this will serve as a starting point:

http://cjonline.com/news/2010-06-26/pine_tree_disease_infecting_region

If this is what killed our trees and, from that article, here's the cure:  Officials urge owners of trees afflicted with pine wilt to combat its spread by cutting those trees down, while leaving no stumps, and burning the wood.

srkruzich

the bottom line to the thread is that if the proceedure was voted on and approve then no single commissioner has the authority to change the decision.

Wilma

Patriot

Quote from: Wilma on September 14, 2012, 11:43:32 AM
Excuse me, Pat.  Rouge commissioner?

Yes, Webster's 3rd point:  a mischievous person

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk