Fabulous Finds on Highway 99

Started by flintauqua, September 10, 2012, 09:48:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

flintauqua

http://www.findson99.com/p/welcome.html

https://www.facebook.com/index.php?stype=lo&lh=Ac_47CMb-j6M2si4&aik=90nq989ZBUwrIJJHJqnXOw#!/events/388674097858769/

From the Facebook page:

Join us for the 1st Annual Fabulous Finds on Highway 99! You've heard of the U.S. Highway 36 Treasure Hunt, the Great U.S. 50 Yard Sale, and more, so join in the fun along Highway 99 through the Flint Hills.

Pass through the counties of Marshall, Pottawatomie, Wabaunsee, Lyon, Greenwood, Elk and Chautauqua on your quest to find some fabulous finds!

Check out the finds at garage sales, antique and primitive stores, restaurants, gas stations and more!

You never know what you're going to find on Highway 99!

SAVE THE DATE!!!

Fabulous Finds on Highway 99...

Friday, September 21 and Saturday, September 22

.... come buyaway with me!
"Gloom, despair, and agony on me
Deep, dark depression, excessive misery
If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all
Gloom, despair, and agony on me"

I thought I was an Ayn Randian until I decided it wasn't in my best self-interest.

oldfart

Today we had city wide yard sales ,I only 6 people from more 30 miles away ,3 from Chanute 1 from Indy ,and theyheard. me on the radio station from Chanute.1 from Augusta who comes every year I did have man and woman who did drive the whole  length of 99 .I didnt see any more  than years past

Bullwinkle

Looks like the economic development director did a bang up job of promoting. Or not.  ::)

Patriot

Quote from: Bullwinkle on September 23, 2012, 03:24:44 PM
      Looks like the economic development director did a bang up job of promoting. Or not.  ::)

Good point Bull  :)

I've been thinking about the Fab Finds on 99 program.  This was supposed to be a long drive 'event', and I've decided that if I lived in KC, or even Emporia, & wanted to go to yard/garage sales I could probably find some much closer to home (cost of fuel and all).  Is this what Howard wants to be known for... garage sales?  I suspect there were folks who just drove right on by.
???
Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

upoladeb

maybe it was too soon after the 100 mile sale or too much of a copy cat.I went to both and got a lot of deals.But the 100 mile 1 is being taken over by antique dealers... or wannna be ones.

Jane

I started at I-70 and 99 just outside of Topeka. The first 10 miles there were sales. Then I drove 40 miles to Alma and there was nothing. In Alma that had a good sale and 4 miles out side of Alma there was a other sale. Then drove to Emporia with no sales at all. Drove from Emporia all the way to Tonavay and there was nothing. Some side rode sales on the ways  to Howard but nothing I do not already have. Went to the Garage sales in Howard and nothing but items that should be taken to the good will. My thought on this, is everyone needs to particape or do not do it.  I hope you all send your money to Obama because that is what he wanted everyone to do. 
The one thing in Howard was I ran into people I do not get to see so that was worth the trip. I hope is there is another Hiway 99 sales it is advertised better. This first one was a DUD.

oldfart

I take my used pants and shirts to good will they have got picky at what they take over at Wichta ,not going to give them tools  and such.

Patriot

Quote from: Jane on September 24, 2012, 10:35:43 AM
I hope you all send your money to Obama because that is what he wanted everyone to do. 

I'm thinkin you did... in the form of gasoline taxes!  All for what sounds like a poorly planned and unadvertised 'ride'.  Sorry.  :(

Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

jprxmkt

Every business owner I have talked to was amazed at the people that this brought in.  We had more shoppers in our businesses than any other event has ever produced. We had people from all over the state and even from other states who came in just for this event.  It was awesome!  Our sidewalk sale went great as did sales inside the store.  Thank you to everyone who did the decorating around town.  It looked festive and inviting.  Thank you to everyone involved who helped make this a very successful event for our local businesses.
Julie 

Jane

After I reread my post. I just want everyone to know it was fun. Patriot,gas tax was the only money Obama got from me. I still say  it needed to be advertisted better maybe with a starting point and ending point with a start time and end time.  I also liked the antique dealers or the want a be's because that is what I am interested in buying.  I took time go in all the business's in Howard.
Again, it was a good event.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk