Blizzard

Started by W. Gray, December 20, 2006, 07:08:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wilma

Waldo:  I just read your article on the Elk County courthouse that is in this week's Flinthills Express.  Verrrrrrrrry interesting.  Can we have more of this type of thing?

Janet Harrington

Waldo,

I'm hoping that one of your snowblower owner neighbor will help you out with your snow.  Please don't work too hard with scooping that snow the hard way. That is when a big percentage of people have heart attacks and die.  You really need to be careful.

As for your article, it was fantastic.  I loved it and apparently the editor of the paper did too.  I think we have a wonderful writer in our forum family.

W. Gray

As it turned out, I had three shovelers and a snow blower working. One of the shovelers was a Russian woman, who apparently is no stranger to hard physical work.

The end result is there is a single car lane from the garage to the middle of the street and a path to the mail box but we do not expect mail again today.  No newspaper again today.

Our out-of-town visitors had to cancel out.

I may have something else for the Flint Hills Express sometime in the future.
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk