This and That...

Started by Warph, September 04, 2012, 01:52:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warph

Breaking:  Valerie Jarrett Behind Leak Of Hillary Clinton's Email Scandal

(The puppet master is revealed.  This troll Jarrett has been leaking dirt on Obama foes for years.  Gonna make some popcorn, then sit back
and enjoy watching the libturds eating one another...)

Via NY Post
http://nypost.com/2015/03/14/obama-adviser-behind-leak-of-hillary-clintons-e-mail-scandal/

Obama senior adviser Valerie Jarrett leaked to the press details of Hillary Clinton's use of a private e-mail address during her time as secretary of state, sources tell me.

But she did so through people outside the ­administration, so the story couldn't be traced to her or the White House.

In addition, at Jarrett's behest, the State Department was ordered to launch a series of investigations into Hillary's conduct at Foggy Bottom, including the use of her expense account, the disbursement of funds, her contact with foreign leaders and her possible collusion with the Clinton Foundation.

Six separate probes into Hillary's performance have been ­going on at the State Department. I'm told that the e-mail scandal was timed to come out just as Hillary was on the verge of formally announcing that she was running for president — and that there's more to come.

Members of Bill Clinton's camp say the former president suspects the White House is the source of the leak and is furious.

"My contacts and friends in newspapers and TV tell me that they've been contacted by the White House and offered all kinds of negative stories about us," one of Bill's friends quotes him as saying. "The Obamas are behind the e-mail story, and they're spreading rumors that I've been with women, that Hillary promoted people at the State Department who'd done favors for our foundation, that John Kerry had to clean up diplomatic messes Hillary left behind."

Then, according to this source, Bill added: "The Obamas are out to get us any way they can."[...[

"Obama and Valerie Jarrett will go to any lengths to prevent Hillary from becoming president," a source close to the White House told me. "They believe that Hillary, like her husband, is left of center, not a true-blue liberal."

If she gets into the White House, they believe she will compromise with the Republicans in Congress and undo Obama's [Crappy] legacy.

"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Warph

Obama Allegedly Visits Family Of Kayla Mueller

(Yeah... we were in Scottsdale and traffic was a bitch trying to get back to Surprise...)

(Best part of his trip was him leaving Phoenix, heading back to DC..)

Via Stars and Stripes
President Barack Obama met with the family of American aid worker Kayla Mueller, who died while being held hostage by the Islamic State extremist group.

In an unannounced stop while he was in Phoenix for another event, Obama on Friday offered condolences to her parents, Carl and Marsha Mueller, and her brother, Eric, according to a White House spokesman.

"He appreciated the chance to hear from the Muellers more about Kayla's compassion and dedication to assisting those in need around the world," Eric Schultz, deputy press secretary, said in an e-mailed statement.

Updated

Via The Daily Courier

President Barack Obama landed at Sky Harbor International Airport late Friday morning for a quick visit that included a round-table discussion at the Phoenix VA Hospital, a meeting with Kayla Mueller's family from Prescott and a stop at a veteran's home in Gilbert.

Obama spoke with the family of Prescott's Mueller, the aid worker who died after being taken hostage in Syria by the Islamic State group.

Obama expressed his condolences and recognized the family's efforts to set up the foundation "Kayla's Hands" to improve the lives of others.

The president briefly met with Arizona Gov. Doug Ducey on the tarmac before heading for his first-ever visit to the Carl T. Hayden VA Medical Center- the same hospital that sparked a national examination into how the government cares for its former military service members.

Hundreds gathered at the intersection of Seventh Street and Indian School Road in central Phoenix to catch a glimpse of the presidential motorcade. About 100 people stood in protest of the visit, not just for the treatment of veterans, but for myriad causes including education, immigration and the proposed mines at Oak Flats.

Vince Ansel, a 67-year-old Vietnam War veteran and patient at the Phoenix VA, said the president insulted veterans when he drove past the VA hospital without stopping during his visit in January. "I'm glad he didn't interrupt the already poor service at the time, but it was a sign of disrespect for vets," he said.

--Warph

-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Warph

America Needs A Shrink

BARACK OBAMA insists we can't identify the enemy because if we utter the word "Islamic," even if we modify it with "extremists," "jihadists" or "fundamentalists," every Muslim will assume we're at war with them. Not only is that absurd and condescending, but it doesn't come close to passing the smell test.

There are factions of Muslims who are constantly at war with one another, so why would Muslims assume that if we attack, say, ISIL or Boko Haram, but not Jordan or Egypt, we can't distinguish between our friends and our enemies? Instead, it's Obama, with his constant attacks on Bibi Netanyahu, who seems unable to make that particular distinction.

Besides, Obama never tires of telling us that the barbarians who are slitting throats and bar-be-cuing Christians, Jews and their fellow Muslims, have nothing whatever to do with Islam, so why his reluctance to wage war on them?

♦ In related news, the ISIL beheader has been identified as Mohammad Emwazi of London. It seems he is from a well-to-do family and has graduated from college with a degree in computer programming. So I guess he didn't become a throat-slitting jihadist, as Obama and Marie Harf recently suggested, because he couldn't get a job flipping burgers at McDonald's.

♦ Meanwhile, in Denver -- formerly known as the Mile High City, but now, thanks to the legalization of marijuana, more of a Ten Mile High City – a black thug called a black police officer a nigger. In response, rather than bounce a billy club off the punk's noggin, he said, "I am not a nigger." As a result, the loons running Denver have reprimanded the cop for saying the n-word," ignoring the context, thus ruining his future chances for promotion.

I'm reminded that Marco Rubio observed: "Every day Joe Biden says something that would end my career if I said it."

♦ I heard someone on the radio the other day claim that one of the worst things George W. Bush ever did was come up with the term "compassionate conservative," and to an extent I agree. The term, after all, distinguishes between those compassionate ones and all the rest of us, as if conservatism is as nasty and diabolical as liberals insist it is.

But inasmuch as Bush also approved of amnesty without building a fence at the border; promoted No Child Left Behind, a precursor to Common Core; and banned incandescent light bulbs, I would say that the schmuck was about as conservative as his kid brother.

♦ For some years now, one public official after another has lied about his military service. It probably started with John Kerry, who came back from Vietnam and managed to forge a political career out of slandering his fellow soldiers as sadists and baby-killers, and lying about his alleged injuries in order to cop a couple of Purple Hearts.

The latest offender is, not too surprisingly, the Secretary of Veteran Affairs, Bob McDonald, who claimed to have been a member of Special Forces. With such despicable creeps at the top, is it any wonder that wounded warriors continue to die while under the so-called care of the V.A.?

♦ It seems that in 2014, there were 16,900 federal employees who were paid over $200,000. Keep in mind that was only counting base salary, and didn't take into account overtime and bonuses. Most of them were working at – you guessed it! – the V.A. For the record, more than 1,600 federal employees made in excess of $300,000.

Lest you think those bonuses were the kind – say a week's salary -- you might get if your company did really well, Lois Lerner, late of the IRS, collected $110,000 in bonuses during her last three years on the job. As you see, her efforts to target Tea Party groups between 2010 and 2012 were greatly appreciated.

♦ As you may or may not have noticed, as members of the Senate Judiciary Committee, Orrin Hatch, Jeff Flake and Lindsey Graham, carried through on their promise to confirm Loretta Lynch as the next Attorney General. That is akin to re-confirming Eric Holder to another two years on the job. If the voters in Utah, Arizona and South Carolina, don't at least attempt to recall these three idiots, they should be denied the right to complain about Ms. Lynch in the future.

♦ I often listen to Dennis Prager when I'm in the car, which is the only time I listen to the radio. He is another of my fellow Jewish conservatives and I often agree with his take on topics. However, he has one belief that he brings up on a regular basis, with the intention of setting straight those who deign to disagree with him.

The moral question he poses is this: If your pet dog or cat and a stranger are both drowning, and you can only rescue one of them, which would it be?

To Prager, the obvious answer is the stranger. His reason is that only human beings have souls and are created in the image of God. I have heard this from him for a great many years and each time I hear it, steam spews out of my ears.

Now I'm willing to grant that if the stranger is a baby or a child, I would, with a heavy heart, allow my pet to drown.

But, assuming we're talking about an adult, I am willing to take on Prager and deny him the moral high ground. For one thing, I don't believe that every human being is created in the image of God. Was Hitler? Was Stalin? Was Pol Pot or Saddam Hussein or Idi Amin? Anyone wish to argue that Mohammad Emwazi, aka "Jihadi John," was created in God's image or even that he has what most of us regard as a soul?

But even if the person drowning isn't a notorious villain, we all draw conclusions when we see a fellow human being. If the guy going down for the third time fits my notion of a meth dealer or a tattooed thug, why would I rescue him and allow my dog Angel to die? My wife and I have, after all, accepted responsibility for Angel's well-being, and we take that responsibility seriously.

♦ Speaking of people of questionable worth, hardly a day goes by when we don't hear about some idiot trying to outrace a train. In spite of lights, bells and closing gates, some people simply refuse to be warned off. In certain quarters, I believe this phenomenon is commonly referred to as a thinning of the herd.

God forbid I should rescue one of those morons and allow our beloved dog to drown.

....Burt
--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

An Open Letter to hdr22@clintonemail.com

By Maureen Dowd - March 14, 2015

WASHINGTON — SINCE open letters to secretive and duplicitous regimes are in fashion, we would like to post an Open Letter to the Leaders of the Clinton Republic of Chappaqua:

It has come to our attention while observing your machinations during your attempted restoration that you may not fully understand our constitutional system. Thus, we are writing to bring to your attention two features of our democracy: The importance of preserving historical records and the ill-advised gluttony of an American feminist icon wallowing in regressive Middle Eastern states' payola.

You should seriously consider these characteristics of our nation as the Campaign-That-Must-Not-Be-Named progresses.

If you, Hillary Rodham Clinton, are willing to cite your mother's funeral to get sympathy for ill-advisedly deleting 30,000 emails, it just makes us want to sigh: O.K., just take it. If you want it that bad, go ahead and be president and leave us in peace. (Or war, if you have your hawkish way.) You're still idling on the runway, but we're already jet-lagged. It's all so drearily familiar that I know we're only moments away from James Carville writing a column in David Brock's Media Matters, headlined, "In Private, Hillary's Really a Hoot."

When you grin and call out to your supporters, like at the Emily's List anniversary gala, "Don't you someday want to see a woman president of the United States of America?" the answer is: Yes, it would be thrilling.

But therein lies the rub.

What is the trade-off that will be exacted by the Chappaqua Republic for that yearned-for moment? When the Rogue State of Bill began demonizing Monica Lewinsky as a troubled stalker, you knew you could count on the complicity of feminists and Democratic women in Congress. Bill's female cabinet members and feminist supporters had no choice but to accept the unappetizing quid pro quo: The Clintons would give women progressive public policies as long as the women didn't assail Bill for his regressive private behavior with women.

Now you, Hillary, are following the same disheartening "We'll make you an offer you can't refuse" pattern. You started the "Guernica" press conference defending your indefensible droit du seigneur over your State Department emails by referring to women's rights and denouncing the letter to Iran from Republican senators as "out of step with the best traditions of American leadership."

None of what you said made any sense. Keeping a single account mingling business and personal with your own server wasn't about "convenience." It was about expedience. You became judge and jury on what's relevant because you didn't want to leave digital fingerprints for others to retrace. You could have had Huma carry two devices if you really couldn't hoist an extra few ounces. You insisted on piggybacking on Bill's server, even though his aides were worried about hackers, because you were gaming the system for 2016. (Or even 2012.)

Suffused with paranoia and pre-emptive defensiveness, you shrugged off The One's high-minded call for the Most Transparent Administration in History.

Continue reading the main story Continue reading the main story

Continue reading the main story

It depends upon what the meaning of @ is.

The subtext of your news conference cut through the flimsy rationales like a dagger: "You can have the first woman president. You can get rid of those epically awful Republicans who have vandalized Congress, marginalized the president and jeopardized our Iran policy. You can get a more progressive American society. But, in return, you must accept our foibles and protect us."

You exploit our better angels and our desire for a finer country and our fear of the anarchists and haters in Congress.

Because you assume that if it's good for the Clintons, it's good for the world, you're always tangling up government policy with your own needs, desires, deceptions, marital bargains and gremlins.

Instead of raising us up by behaving like exemplary, sterling people, you bring us down to your own level, a place of blurred lines and fungible ethics and sleazy associates. Your family's foundation gobbles tens of millions from Saudi Arabia and other repressive regimes, whose unspoken message is: "We're going to give you money to go improve the world. Now leave us alone to go persecute women."

That's an uncomfortable echo of a Clintonian trade-off, which goes: "We're going to give you the first woman president who will improve the country. Now leave us alone to break any rules we please."

Bill, your pathology is more human and interesting. It's almost like you need to create messes to see if your extraordinary political gifts can get you out of them. It's a fatherless boy's "How Much Do You Love Me?" syndrome. Do you love me enough to let me get away with this?

Hillary, your syndrome is less mortal, more regal, a matter of "What Is Hillary Owed?" Ronald Reagan seemed like an ancient king, as one aide put it, gliding across the landscape. You seem like an annoyed queen, radiating irritation at anyone who tries to hold you accountable. You're less rhetorically talented than Bill but more controlling, so it's harder for you to navigate out of tough spots.

No Drama Obama and his advisers are clearly appalled to be drawn into your shadowy shenanigans, just as Al Gore once was. Whatever else you say about this president, he has no shadows.

We hope this letter enriches your knowledge of our constitutional system and promotes mutual understanding and clarity as the campaign progresses.

Sincerely,

America

What I would like in a President:

A leader who has a strong vision for the country, not one whose vision depends of the results of the latest poll.

A leader with a clear moral compass, not one whose compass dial reads "What's in it for me?"

A leader who when they make a mistake says "I made a mistake, I'm sorry," not one who sends their minions out for them.

A leader who has actually done something that requires accountability, not one who has just "Punched Their Ticket."

A leader who is not afraid to tell people "No," even if its unpopular, because this is something they believe in; not a leader who appoints another commission to study the matter.

A leader who believes that being President is an honor and a matter of service to the nation, not one who demands the job because its my right.

Anyone know where I can find someone like that?  Because so far its looking pretty damn bleak out there....

...Warph
--Warph

-- Warph

Ross

Quote from: Warph on March 16, 2015, 01:39:31 AM

What I would like in a President:

A leader who has a strong vision for the country, not one whose vision depends of the results of the latest poll.

A leader with a clear moral compass, not one whose compass dial reads "What's in it for me?"

A leader who when they make a mistake says "I made a mistake, I'm sorry," not one who sends their minions out for them.

A leader who has actually done something that requires accountability, not one who has just "Punched Their Ticket."

A leader who is not afraid to tell people "No," even if its unpopular, because this is something they believe in; not a leader who appoints another commission to study the matter.

A leader who believes that being President is an honor and a matter of service to the nation, not one who demands the job because its my right.

Anyone know where I can find someone like that?  Because so far its looking pretty damn bleak out there....

...Warph

Great post Warph.

We do need someone with morals, ethics and honesty.
We need someone that understands the true meaning of jurisprudence.
We do need someone that truly understands the meaning of the word Leadership.

We need people with these qualities in leadership in all levels of government.

Especially on the local levels, cities and county governments, which I think would lead to more of the same up the ladder.

These type of leaders on local levels across the nation would out number the State level leaders and they would accept the responsibility of ensuring State leaders uphold the same standards.

Working from the bottom up is the way to go in my thinking.

The top is too far gone.   

Just a thought.

Thanks for all your posts Warph.

Diane Amberg

I think having a country and western singer as attorney general will make for a nice change.

Bullwinkle

Would that we could get you in there Warph.

Warph

Hillary Spent $527K To Fly Herself And Her Staff On Taxpayer-Funded
Private Charter Flights While In The Senate

(Hillary wasn't aware of what accounts were being used when she booked her flights with the Gnome Travel Agency??... it is in her emails! ...)

Via USA Today
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2015/03/16/clinton-senate-charter-flights/24336227/

Before her 2006 Senate re-election campaign and 2008 presidential bid, then-senator Hillary Rodham Clinton dramatically increased her use of taxpayer-funded charter flights, becoming the Senate's biggest spender on reported charter airfare.

In the four years before the 2008 presidential campaign, she spent more than $300,000 on charters while the four other senators running for president — including then-senator Barack Obama — took a grand total of two taxpayer-funded charter flights.

Clinton spent $225,000 traveling on such charters during her eight-year tenure. That covers only her own airfare. The figure rose to $527,000 when the cost of the staff who flew with her is included. Clinton almost always flew with senior adviser Huma Abedin, and spokesman Philippe Reines was also a regular passenger, Senate spending records show.

Clinton's charter spending blossomed as her 2006 re-election loomed, rising from $85,000 in 2004 to $150,000 in 2006.

[...]

Clinton's travel was part of "her tireless work on behalf of New York," spokesman Nick Merrill said, and "she constantly crisscrossed the state to meet with the people she represented."

[...]

It wasn't all New York travel. USA TODAY found 28 of her office flights traveled outside New York at a total cost to taxpayers of $42,000, including trips to Atlanta to speak at a synagogue, Boston to speak about stem cell research, and Charleston, S.C., for the Renaissance Weekend, an annual New Year's Day conference.

--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

Thanx guys.  If I were President...

VIDEO: 

--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

State Dept Continues To Evade Questions On Whether Hillary Signed OF-109 Form, Certifying She'd Turned In All Government Records

Multiple reporters have now asked about this form. Megyn Kelly has filed a FOIA request to find out if Hillary Clinton signed it. Really, how hard is it to take the 15 seconds to check her file to see if it is there? We are now going days on their stalling tactics on this question.

Why is this so important and why is the State Department avoiding the question? Because this is the standard government separation statement that employees must sign upon leaving. It states basically that you are not leaving with any government property or records. If she signed it, certifying to that fact, then she lied and committed perjury, given that the emails she walked off with are government records/property.

If she didn't sign it, why not? And how was she able to avoid signing it?

Here's a copy of the OF-109 form. Click on form to enlarge:

--Warph

-- Warph

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk