This and That...

Started by Warph, September 04, 2012, 01:52:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warph

BREAKING: NBC Suspends Brian Williams For 6 Months Without Pay

(He's worth 40 million, so I'm guessing he won't be in any soup kitchen lines anytime soon...)

Brian Williams has been suspended from NBC for six months, the network announced on Tuesday.

"We have decided today to suspend Brian Williams as Managing Editor and Anchor of NBC Nightly News for six months. The suspension will be without pay and is effective immediately," a spokesperson for the network said in an email. " We let Brian know of our decision earlier today."

Lester Holt will host the program in his absence.
"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Warph

Obama Stuck In The 7th Grade:
Upset Over Maureen Dowd's Criticism, Asked Axelrod "Why Are You Friends With Her?"
– UPDATE: Dowd Responds By Playing Sexist Card

(Like, yeah, she's totally mean to him and everything... does this qualify as a catfight?
I love when they use their own tactics against each other!  Its like 'eating their own'... or like when Leftists get in a slap fight.  It is almost as entertaining
as watching Queers for Palestine on their first trip to the Islamic Republic of Iran... or like Muslims killing other Muslims because they aren't 'Muslim' enough.
Bizarro world...)

NEW YORK — President Barack Obama is an avid reader of the New York Times opinion section and has, on several occasions, invited two of his favorite columnists — Tom Friedman and David Brooks — over to the White House before rolling out major policy initiatives.

But Obama is apparently not a fan of Maureen Dowd, another high-profile writer in the Times opinion stable. Former top Obama adviser David Axelrod wrote in his memoir published Tuesday, Believer, that "no one got under Barack's skin more than Maureen."

Axelrod recalled how Dowd was granted a brief interview during an overseas 2008 campaign trip with then-candidate Obama. When the two were together, he wrote, Obama "proceeded to blister her for a previous column she had written."

The former adviser wrote that Dowd's "penchant for delving into the psyches of her subjects was particularly irritating to the self-possessed Obama."

"Normally polite under any circumstances, he was patronizing and disrespectful to Maureen in a way I had rarely seen," Axelrod continued. "This was not well received by Dowd who, like most journalists, was accustomed to firing off salvos, yet decidedly uncomfortable when fired upon herself. After that awkward encounter, she seemed to take particular delight in psychoanalyzing Barack and belittling him in print, which only deepened his contempt. Maureen, who is as gracious and loyal to her friends as she is rough on the high and mighty, would become a friend of mine in Washington, which became a minor source of tension with Obama. 'Why are you friends with her?' he would demand after Maureen sent one of her acid darts his way."

Dowd did not immediately respond to a request for comment on the passage.

(It's not clear exactly which 2008 column rankled Obama, but I think it was this one:
After his press conference, he headed toward New York Times columnist Maureen Dowd and chided her...
—for a comment in the 12th of 14 paragraphs in an Oct. 21 2008 column.
She wrote that Obama's "ears stick out."
Obama (off mic) to Maureen Dowd: You talked about my ears, and I just want to put you on notice:
I'm very sensitive about — What I told them was, "I was teased relentlessly when I was a kid about my big ears."...)

(Hey, ObuttHead... These are big ears.  You're just
a drama queen... too sensitive about body parts...)

(Hmmmmmm.... on second thought, the ears look about the same to me...)

(How about a full frontal view of those ObuttHead ears...)

(Yeah... now your talking, Dowd... perfect! ...)

UPDATE: Dowd's predictable response.

--Warph

-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Ross

Four American Journalists Dead Inside the US Within the Past 24 Hours
Posted by sharia unveiled on February 14, 2015
Posted in: Uncategorized. Tagged: American Journalists, Bob Hager, Bob Simon, CBS, Christian, David Carr,
Iraq, ISIS, Islam, Islamic State, NBC, Ned Colt, NY Times, Sharia Law, terrorism.

Warph

Bob Hager is still alive, Ross...

Former NBC Newser Bob Hager Unhurt After Head-On Crash

Longtime NBC News correspondent Bob Hager was involved in a head-on collision near his home in Vermont Thursday. Hager was uninjured; his wife, Honore, was hospitalized with back and neck injuries. According to a report by local station WCAX, Hager and his wife were traveling on Route 11 in Peru, Vermont, when another car crossed the center line and hit Hager's car head-on.

Hager, best known for his coverage of aviation, retired from NBC in 2004 after 35 years and settled in his native Woodstock, Vermont.

http://www.adweek.com/tvnewser/former-nbc-newser-bob-hager-unhurt-after-head-on-crash/255845

--Warph

-- Warph

Ross

Quote from: Warph on February 14, 2015, 04:51:36 PM
Bob Hager is still alive, Ross...

That's great, thanks Warph!

Warph

Bill Clinton's Libido Threatens To Derail Hillary Again

(Now we know the reason for Bill to be 'flirting' with Hillary on Twitter earlier today, to get the focus off this breaking story on the unfolding orgy scandal.  There's always an angle...)

Via NY Post:
http://nypost.com/2015/02/14/bill-clintons-libido-threatens-to-derail-hillary-again/

She hasn't even announced, but the question has already resurfaced: Will Bill Clinton's baggage derail Hillary Clinton's presidential hopes?

Just a few weeks ago, reports broke that Bill Clinton had flown at least 11 times on "The Lolita Express" — a private plane owned by the mysterious financier and convicted pedophile Jeffrey Epstein. According to Virginia Roberts, who claims to have been one of Epstein's many teenaged sex slaves, Clinton also visited Epstein's private Caribbean retreat, known as "Orgy Island."

"I remember asking Jeffrey, 'What's Bill Clinton doing here?' " Roberts said in 2011. The former president, she added, was accompanied by four young girls during his stay — two of whom were among Epstein's regular sex partners. "And [Jeffrey] laughed it off and said, 'Well, he owes me a favor.' He never told me what favors they were."

Clinton also spent years traveling and partying with Ron Burkle, a billionaire bachelor with a penchant for very young girls. Clinton spent so much time on Burkle's private plane that it came to be known in Burkle's circle as "Air F—k One."

[...]

Tybee Island Stoning

Via Tybee Times

It is being reported that two 18 year old girls have been stoned outside a Baptist Church in the town of Tybee, Tybee Island - 18 miles from Savannah, Georgia.

Tybee Island, best known for it's annual "Running of The Bullshiters" event; where several prolific liars, led by the DA, local judge and Chief of Police are chased naked along Main Street by townsfolk was made famous in the poem "Tybee Island - What A Dump."

The two girls, Sarah Brooks and Kim Beasley were reportedly high on marijuana after rolling two joints behind the church.

"They were definitely stoned," said Mayor Jason Buttercock "They were as high as kites - luckily several officers responded, beat the sh!t out of them and we have now placed them in the town stocks where they shall remain until the Sabbath."

--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

ISIS Executes Two Alleged 'Spies', Crucifies Another, While Jeering Crowd Watches

Warning, disturbing pictures...

(Not even 7th century, they keep devolving...)

Via Daily Mail:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2953742/ISIS-publicly-executes-two-spies-CRUCIFIES-armed-insurgents-young-boys-watch-on.html?ito=social-twitter_mailonline

Islamic State has publicly executed two alleged spies and mercilessly crucified another to a road sign in the Syrian city of Al-Bab.

Images have emerged showing two men – bound and dressed in orange jumpsuits – kneeling on the ground as hundreds of jeering insurgents surround them.

Masked men dressed in black have their weapons trained on the captives, while young boys force their way through the crowd to catch a glimpse of the helpless men.

Another picture shows a deceased man hanging from a post with a sign hanging around his neck. The onlookers in the photograph seem unphased by the man's limp, crucified body.

On Thursday, the extremist group announced it was holding an Israeli-Arab who posed as foreign a fighter to spy for the country's intelligence agency, Mossad.

--Warph

-- Warph

Bullwinkle

Warph, many of your posts that have pictures just have a little black box with an x in it where the pics should be. At least on my screen. Would it be my anti virus ? I use Kapersky. Just seems to be an issue on your posts. Wonder if anyone else has this problem. About half of the pics are there.

jarhead

Bull,
I've had the same problem for quite awhile now---thought it was just my computer

Ross

I too thought it was my machine or anti-virus program.

I tried to replicate the situation on my machine with a picture and can't do it.

I still like Warph's posts, so don't stop my friend.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk