This and That...

Started by Warph, September 04, 2012, 01:52:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ross

WND EXCLUSIVE
'COMMITTED CHRISTIAN'? OBAMA'S RELIGIOUS HISTORY UNMASKED
'High horse' jab just president's latest attack on his own professed faith

WASHINGTON – Why would President Obama, who professes to be a Christian, apparently harbor such animosity toward what he claims is his own faith?

The latest example came during his remarks Thursday at the National Prayer Breakfast, but it was hardly the first time Obama has criticized Chr istianity or defended Islam.

See video at:http://www.wnd.com/2015/02/committed-christian-obamas-religious-history-unmasked/

In order to better understand what Obama truly believes, WND looked at the history of Obama's relationship with religion, beginning with those most recent remarks.

"And lest we get on our high horse and think that this is unique to some other place, remember that during the Crusades and Inquisition, people committed terrible deeds in the name of Christ," Obama said at the breakfast.

"In our home country, slavery and Jim Crow all too often was justified in the name of Christ," he added.

Incensed critics are interpreting those remarkable words as both an attack on Christianity and a defense of Muslim atrocities.

As WND reported, among the many Christian leaders outraged by the president's comments, one Catholic leader called for Obama to apologize, pointedly noting that the Inquisition was political, and the Crusades were a defensive effort against jihad.

Obama's remarks came just two days after the release of a video of the burning death of a captured Jordanian pilot by ISIS and just one day after word that the radical Islamic army is selling, as well as crucifying, children.

WND CEO Joseph Farah interpreted Obama's remarks as an excuse of Islam, by drawing an equivalence between the current murderous reign of terror perpetuated by Muslim radicals and long-past misdeeds by Christians long-since condemned by virtually all Christians.

Marc Thiessen, former chief speechwriter for President George W. Bush, was incredulous, stating on Fox News Thursday evening, "It was evangelical Christians who fought slavery and Jim Crow. It was William Wilberforce who led the campaign against slavery. It was Martin Luther King who fought (segregation.)"

Thiessen wondered why the president would criticize those who criticize ISIS atrocities, asking, "What does he mean by get off our high horse? And what kind of person looks at a video of a man being burned alive and his reaction is to say 'Let's not forget, we in the West did that, too'?"

"With all due respect, the Crusades were almost a thousand years ago. The Inquisition was in the 15th century. ISIS is burning people alive today. Now. Not Christians," he added.

Thiessen drew a parallel of his own in Obama's comparison, remarking, "It's fascinating that he said people committed terrible deeds in the name of Christ. Has he ever said ISIS has committed terrible deeds in the name of Muhammad? Or in the name of Islam? No. ... He said they kill in the name of religion. He won't call it Islamic radicalism, which is a problem."

Obama made another remark the Christian faithful may find particularly perplexing, implying their religion is not necessarily more true than any other faith:

"I believe that the starting point of faith is some doubt – not being so full of yourself and so confident that you are right and that God speaks only to us, and doesn't speak to others, that God only cares about us and doesn't care about others, that somehow we alone are in possession of the truth."

As to what Obama believes is the truth, a  look at his past comments and actions regarding religion, especially Christianity, may be illustrative.

References to God removed

Obama has a history of omitting references to God and Christianity.

Two years ago, WND reported he issued a statement endorsing the National Day of Prayer but excised virtually any reference to Christianity, the primary faith of the nation's founders.

In 2009, he did cite the prayers of the Continental Congress and President Lincoln's call for prayer during the Civil War. But he started turning the next year, mentioning "God" only twice, asking for "blessings" and "guidance." The closest reference to the nation's Christian heritage was a reference that the U.S. "counts freedom of conscience and free exercise of religion among its most fundamental principles."

By 2012, Obama's proclamation was merely giving thanks "for our democracy that respects the beliefs and protects the religious freedom of all people to pray, worship, or abstain."

In 2013, his text included "faith" only to reference it as "our faith" and recognized "God" only for delivering liberties and guidance.

Obama has repeatedly removed the phrase "endowed by their Creator" from the line in the Declaration of Independence that reads:

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."

In 2013, WND reported that eventual GOP presidential candidate Herman Cain believed that was no slip of the tongue, saying, "I believe it was intentional because he did it three times."

He added, "With all of his teleprompters, how could you not put that in there? No. I believe it was intentional."

By WND columnist Chuck Norris' count, Obama dropped "their Creator" seven times in just a two-month span in 2012.

In 2009, WND reported Obama, while admitting that America has "a very large Christian population," told the Turkish press that "we do not consider ourselves a Christian nation."

And in December 2010 , a letter from the Congressional Prayer Caucus rebuked Obama for incorrectly replacing the nation's motto of "In God We Trust" with "E pluribus unum" in a speech at the University of Indonesia.

Defense of Islam

In a speech given to the United Nations General Assembly on Sept. 12, 2012, the president declared, "The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam."

In a speech in Cairo, Egypt, in June 2009, Obama said that he felt it "part of my responsibility as president of the United States to fight against negative stereotypes of Islam wherever they appear."

Also in 2009, Obama told a French reporter, "f you actually took the number of Muslim Americans, we'd be one of the largest Muslim countries in the world." (In fact, in 2008 Christians made up 76-percent of the population at 173 million, religious Jews 1.2-percent at 2.6 million, and Muslims only 0.6-percent at 1.3 million.)

And in May 2011, WND learned that in October 2009, one of Obama's faith advisers, Eboo Patel, a Muslim activist from Chicago, compared al-Qaeda to what he called Christian "totalitarians" in the U.S. and Jewish "totalitarians" in Israel.

In February 2010, Obama named Patel to his Advisory Council on Faith-Based and Neighborhood Partnerships.

Patel is part of the official speaker's bureau of the Islamic Society of North America, an unindicted co-conspirator in a scheme to raise money for Hamas.

Anti-Christian policies

Perhaps the most infamous example of what critics consider Obama administration hostility toward Christians was the demand by the IRS that conservative groups applying for tax-exempt status reveal the contents of their prayers.

A letter from the IRS to Coalition for Life of Iowa read, "Please detail the content of the members of your organization's prayers."

Another applicant was asked, "Please explain how all of your activities, including the prayer meetings held outside of Planned Parenthood, are considered educational as defined under 501(c)(3)."

Critics also say the Obama administration tried to crush First Amendment religious rights of Christians by mandating employers provide certain kinds of contraceptives, including abortion-inducing drugs, which many Christians found objectionable and immoral.

The Supreme Court sided with those Christians by ruling 5-to-4 in favor of the plaintiffs and against the government in Burwell v. Hobby Lobby on June 30, 2014.

Not only many Christians, but many former and active members of the military, have been chagrined by Obama's normalization of the homosexual lifestyle in the nation's armed forces.

In a video interview, now-retired Coast Guard Commandant Adm. Robert Papp revealed that Obama personally threatened to fire any service leaders who disagreed with the president's decision to repeal the "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" policy toward homosexuals in the military.

"We were called into the Oval Office, and President Obama looked all five service chiefs in the eye and said, 'This is what I want to do.' I cannot divulge everything he said to us, that's private communications within the Oval Office, but if we didn't agree with it — if any of us didn't agree with it — we all had the opportunity to resign our commissions and go do other things," said Papp.

Military chaplains reportedly are also under threat by regulations that now prevent them from speaking against homosexuality.

The Family Research Council has documented scores of instances in which the military under Obama has threatened service members participating in religious (primarily Christian) expression.

WND reported how U.S. Army soldiers at a Mississippi post were instructed that the American Family Association, or AFA, was a "hate group" because the radical leftist Southern Poverty Law Center had advised the military that the AFA's view of homosexuality, informed by traditional values, was hateful.

The U.S. military teaching that the American colonists were "extremists" was traced also back to the Southern Poverty Law Center.

Judicial Watch, a government corruption monitor, said it obtained records regarding the "preparation and presentation of training materials on hate groups or hate crimes distributed or used by the Air Force."

The teaching claimed: "In U.S. history, there are many examples of extremist ideologies and movements. The colonists who sought to free themselves from British rule and the Confederate states who sought to secede from the Northern states are just two examples."

Sept. 11, 2001The attacks by Muslims who killed nearly 3,000 people on Sept. 11, 2001, were called a "historical event."

The administration's efforts to enforce acceptance of the homosexual lifestyle extend well beyond the military and affect every federal employee.

In May 2013, WND columnist Matt Barber revealed the existence of an internal Justice Department document that forced managers to accept the administration's policies on homosexuality, or else.

Titled, "LGBT Inclusion at Work: The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Managers," the document stated that when it comes to LGBT pride, employees were ordered: "DON'T remain silent. Silence will be interpreted as disapproval."

The document also recommends managers, "Attend LGBT events sponsored by DOJ Pride and/or the Department, and invite (but don't require) others to join you," and, "Display a symbol in your office (DOJ Pride sticker, copy of this brochure, etc.) indicating that it is a 'safe space.'"

Not defending Christians

In October 2013 WND covered a speech by Sen. Rand Paul, R-Ky., in which he warned, "there is a worldwide war on Christianity," but, "The president tries to gloss over who's attacking and killing Christians."

The senator cited a list of atrocities around the world by radical Islamists, including those in Syria, where "Islamic rebels have filmed beheadings of their captives."

"They've filmed themselves eating the heart of their enemy. Two Christian bishops have been kidnapped, and one priest was recently killed. These rebels are allies of the Islamic rebels that President Obama is now arming."

"We are now arming Islamic rebels who are allied with al-Qaeda that attacked us on 9/11. Does that make any sense at all?" he concluded.

Rep. Trent Franks, R-Ariz., expressed the sentiments of many Obama critics who charge he has done little to prevent or stop the widespread martyrdom of Christians in Islamic lands, including Iraq and Syria.

Pointing out the extreme dangers Christians face worldwide, in September 2014, Franks said Obama administration officials "only respond when the politics become so antithetical to them that they have to."

"I have been extremely critical of president Obama and it's primarily for that reason. It seemed like whenever there's suffering of the innocent, whether it's the unborn at the hands of [abortionist] Kermit Gosnell, innocent people at the hands of [Syrian president] Bashar Assad or innocent Coptic Christians in the hands of the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt, or innocent Christians at the hands of ISIS in Iraq," he said.

In August 2013, hundreds of Coptic Christians in Nashville, Tennessee, took to the streets to call out Obama after members of the Muslim Brotherhood, the radical Islamic group that temporarily seized power in Egypt and was backed by the administration, burned scores of Coptic Christian churches, schools and businesses.

Protesters chanted, "Obama, Obama, don't you care? Christian blood is everywhere."

In May 2012, WND reported an Obama administration official claimed the ongoing Muslim destruction of churches and slaughter of Christians in Nigeria, including many murdered during worship services, was the result of tribal disputes over land, not a religious conflict.

A U.S. aide agency was tasked with analyzing the "true" causes of the conflict.

Scriptural confusion

Obama, who professes to be a Christian, has expressed many fundamental beliefs which most Christians likely would find flabbergasting, and would disagree.

He's not sure there is an afterlife, or a heaven or hell. He has confessed he is not "sure what happens when we die."

Michelangelo's "Last Judgment"
Before campaigning for president, Obama expressed doubts about the inerrancy of Scripture.

In a 2006 "Call to Renewal" keynote address in Washington, he said: "Even those who claim the Bible's inerrancy make distinctions between scriptural edicts – sensing that some passages are central to Christian faith, while others are more culturally specific and may be modified to accommodate modern life."

In his memoir, "Audacity of Hope," Obama said he believed in the evolution of man from primates and did not believe, "as many evangelicals do," that the Bible is without error.

Essentially calling most Catholics hypocrites, Obama accused Christians of routinely modifying their doctrinal beliefs for personal or political reasons, "Which is why the majority of Catholics practice birth control."

He added that he viewed the biblical condemnation of homosexuality as confined to "an obscure line in Romans."

In a 2004 Chicago Sun-Times interview, Obama said:

"I am a Christian. I'm rooted in the Christian tradition. I believe that there are many paths to the same place, and that is a belief that there is a higher power, a belief that we are connected as a people. That there are values that transcend race or culture, that move us forward, and there's an obligation for all of us individually as well as collectively to take responsibility to make those values lived."

WND CEO Joseph Farah wondered in his column in October 2008, "Many paths to the same place?"

"This is the antithesis of what Jesus reveals in Scripture, for example, in John 14:6: 'Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.'"

Farah also noted, "Obama says he prays regularly. But look how he describes that process: 'It's not formal, me getting on my knees. I think I have an ongoing conversation with God. ... I'm constantly asking myself questions about what I'm doing, why I am doing it. The biggest challenge, I think, is always maintaining your moral compass.'"

"So whom," Farah asked, "is he talking to in these conversations? He's talking to himself! He's talking to his under-developed conscience – the one that told him it was the right thing to do to prevent doctors and nurses from offering life-saving support to babies born alive after botched abortions."

As for the afterlife, Farah also observed that Obama "suggests his eternal destination has something to do with being a 'good father' to his children and transferring values he got from his atheist mother," before concluding Obama "doesn't have a clue as to what it means to be a Christian."

Obama's true faith?

Obama himself has often sparked questions about his true faith.

See video at: http://www.wnd.com/2015/02/committed-christian-obamas-religious-history-unmasked/

During his first presidential campaign he referred to his "Muslim faith" and continued to speak until an interviewer interjected, "Christian faith."

"My Christian faith," Obama repeated before continuing.

In February 2012, Rev. Franklin Graham revealed that President Obama confided to him and his father, Billy, during a recent visit to North Carolina: "I don't go to church."

"I have no idea what he really believes," Graham said during an appearance on MSNBC.

The following is a 2007 Obama campaign flyer that describes the future president as a "committed Christian" who believes in the "power of prayer":

Obama_2007_Christian_flyer

Leftist Bill Maher, host of HBO's "Real Time," doubted Obama is a practicing Christian.

"I just don't believe it," he said in 2012.

Maher suspects the president is an atheist.

Former GOP presidential contender Rick Santorum said Obama follows a "phony theology" not based on the Bible, but preached by radicals at the Trinity United Church of Christ in Chicago where he attended services for 20 years and listened to the sermons of the extreme leftist Rev. Jeremy Wright, the president's former pastor.

Obama said the title of his 2006 memoir, "The Audacity of Hope," was inspired by one of Wright's sermons.

Shortly after the attacks on Sept. 11, 2001, Wright declared "America's chickens are coming home to roost."

Wright also sermonized, "God damn America — that's in the Bible — for killing innocent people. God damn America, for treating our citizens as less than human."

Obama has long denied he was ever a Muslim.

But as WND reported, public records in Indonesia listed Obama as a Muslim during his early years, and a number of childhood friends told the media the future president was once a mosque-attending Muslim.

A Los Angeles Times report quoted a childhood friend stating Obama prayed in a mosque – something the then-presidential candidate said he never did. Obama's campaign released a statement explaining the senator had never been a "practicing Muslim."

Widely distributed reports noted that in January 1968, Obama was registered as a Muslim at Jakarta's Roman Catholic Franciscus Assisi Primary School under the name Barry Soetoro. He was listed as an Indonesian citizen whose stepfather, listed on school documents as "L Soetoro Ma," worked for the topography department of the Indonesian Army.

Then-Sen. Obama during a visit to Kenya in 2006
After attending the Assisi Primary School, Obama was enrolled – also as a Muslim, according to documents – in the Besuki Primary School, a public school in Jakarta.

The Loatze blog, run by an American expatriate in Southeast Asia who visited the Besuki school, noted: "All Indonesian students are required to study religion at school, and a young 'Barry Soetoro,' being a Muslim, would have been required to study Islam daily in school."

"He would have been taught to read and write Arabic, to recite his prayers properly, to read and recite from the Quran and to study the laws of Islam."

Indeed, in his autobiography, "Dreams From My Father," Obama acknowledged studying the Quran and described the public school as "a Muslim school."

"In the Muslim school, the teacher wrote to tell mother I made faces during Quranic studies," wrote Obama.

The Los Angeles Times, which sent a reporter to Jakarta, quoted Zulfin Adi, who identified himself as among Obama's closest childhood friends, stating the presidential candidate prayed in a mosque, something Obama's campaign claimed he never did.

In a free-ranging interview with the New York Times, Obama described the Muslim call to prayer as "one of the prettiest sounds on Earth at sunset."

The Times' Nicholos Kristof wrote Obama recited, "with a first-class [Arabic] accent," the opening lines of the Muslim call to prayer.

The first few lines of the call to prayer state:

Allah is Supreme!
Allah is Supreme!
Allah is Supreme! Allah is Supreme!
I witness that there is no god but Allah
I witness that there is no god but Allah
I witness that Muhammad is his prophet ...

http://www.wnd.com/files/2015/02/Obama_2007_Christian_flyer.jpg

Warph

Quote from: ROSS on February 07, 2015, 10:15:43 PM
WND EXCLUSIVE
'COMMITTED CHRISTIAN'? OBAMA'S RELIGIOUS HISTORY UNMASKED

http://www.wnd.com/files/2015/02/Obama_2007_Christian_flyer.jpg

Excellent post, Ross..

Now let me give you 34 reasons why I somewhat agree with SodaHead.com who think Barack Hussein Obuma is a muslim.

1. Obama's father and step-father were Muslims.

2. Hussein is a Muslim name reserved only for Muslims by Islamic Creed.

3. Four years of Indonesian school enrollment records reveal his religion is Islam.

4. His children get no Christmas gifts – Muslim tradition.

5. He wears no jewelry during Ramadan – Muslim tradition.

6. Obama employed several Nation of Islam members in high positions on his Illinois and U.S. Senate campaign and office staffs.

7. Senator Obama stated that Israel is the cause of all Mideast problems and he is towing the Muslim line that Israel is an apartheid state.

8. Senator Barack & Michelle Obama have attended several Arab Fundraisers and have had meetings with Palestinian Activist, PLO/Arafat Advisor Edward Said.

9. Senator Hillary Clinton 2008 campaign staff disclosed details of Obama's Muslim past and concluded he concealed his prior Muslim faith and education.

10. Candidate Obama, while running for president, made it clear that he did not support a "right of return" for Palestinian refugees. But now that he's president, he has reneged on that promise.

11. Obama has referred to the 57 states of America. Maybe it is just a coincidence that the Organization of the Islamic Conference has 57 states.

12. As President he bows to the Muslim King of Saudi Arabia. The most powerful man in the world bows to no one. But the Islamic Creed demands that subservient Muslims bow.

13. As President he does not bow to the Christian Queen of England.

14. President Obama says there is nothing more beautiful than the Muslim call to prayer in the evening and has quoted it in fluent Arabic with perfect accent.

15. He says that the United States was not founded as a Christian nation.

16. Obama keeps saying things about Muslim history that is not true. Obama has said we are one of the largest Muslim countries. We are down at number 41 on the list of most Muslims in a country. Obama has said there are 7 million Muslims in America. The most liberal numbers indicate 4 million and conservative estimates are at 2 million.

17. Obama, not only refused to have a White House celebration of the National Day of Prayer, but instead feasted the Muslim holiday of Ramadan.

18. Obama, while celebrating the holy month of Ramadan at a White House dinner, stated that he is in favor of building the mosque near Ground Zero.

19. Obama orders the Christian monogram "IHS" (Greek symbols for Jesus) to be covered up at the Christian school Georgetown University Gaston Hall, before giving his speech.

20. In answering the question on whether he believed in a literal heaven or not, Obama retorted: "What I believe in is that if I live my life as well as I can, that I will be rewarded. I don't presume to have knowledge of what happens after I die." This is the Islamic Muslim view, not Christian.

21. Barack Obama's response when asked pointedly, "Who's Jesus to you?" "Jesus is an historical figure for me, and he's also a bridge between God and man in the Christian faith, and one that I think is powerful precisely because he serves as that means of us reaching something higher. And he's also a wonderful teacher." This again is the Muslim view, not Christian.

22. President Obama gave a 2009 Cairo speech emphatically stating to the Middle Eastern world that it was "part of my responsibility as president of the United States to fight against negative stereotypes of Islam wherever they appear."

23. When it comes to Christianity, he has actually done just the opposite. Two years after his interview with Chicago Sun Times religion reporter Cathleen Falsani, on June 28, 2006, then Sen. Obama publicly perpetuated negative stereotypes of Christianity and defamed the religion and the words of its founder. From the pulpit of a church, speaking to a live audience about religious diversity, Obama sarcastically belittled America's Judeo-Christian heritage and degraded its adherents with trite remarks typical of any atheistic antagonist, saying things like: "Whatever we were, we are no longer a Christian nation," "The Sermon on the Mount is a passage that is so radical that our own defense department wouldn't survive its application" and "To base our policy making upon such commitments as moral absolutes would be a dangerous thing."

24. If a self-proclaimed non-Muslim president would fight repeatedly for Muslims' religious rights to the degree that our president has, don't you think "a committed Christian" president would at least fight once for any antagonistic oppression of Christian faith and practice, too? Yet, on no occasion since taking office has President Obama stood up publicly for a single Christian individual, group, church, act or event, whom or which was being opposed or oppressed by others.

25. Why didn't the president stand up for the rights of the North Carolina pastor who was fired from his duties as an honorary chaplain of the state house of representatives after he closed a prayer "in the name of Jesus"?

26. Why didn't the president stand up for the children from the Christian private school who were "abruptly" ordered by a court police officer to stop praying outside the U.S. Supreme Court building?

27. Why didn't the president himself stand up for the human rights of the Christian missionaries and medical team in Afghanistan, including six Americans, to practice medicine and their faith, even after they were murdered by Islamic extremists?

28. Why didn't the president stand up for the rights of the Rev. Franklin Graham, the son of the Rev. Billy Graham, who was disinvited from a Pentagon prayer service on the National Day of Prayer because of his Christian views and values?

29. Why didn't the president stand up for the rights of the Greek Orthodox Church, the only church that was actually destroyed in the Sept. 11 attacks, as church leaders have been frustrated and fouled by New York officials who have virtually turned their backs on the reconstruction of the church near Ground Zero?

30. Why didn't the president stand up for the rights of over 70% of Americans opposed to a Ground Zero mosque, but takes the side of Muslims who are attempting to build the Ground Zero mosque?

31. Obama's church (Trinity United Church of Christ) does not teach Christianity. The church guiding principles are called the "Black Value System". Rev. Jeremiah Wright is a former Muslim and friend of Louis Farrakhan, Muslim founder and President of The Nation of Islam. Farrakhan has spoken frequently at Trinity.

32. Reverend Wright's "hate" sermons against America and white people are virtually identical as Farrakhan's-who followed Malcolm X. Wright's "hate" speeches are a blend of The Nation of Islam and Black Nationalist Liberation Theology into a subversive Christianity, not recognized by most black Christians.

33. Obama embraced "Christianity" at this church. For 20 years he was a member and good friend to Rev. Wright. Wright married Obama and baptized his children. Rev. Wright was his mentor and gave advice until it became public knowledge during the campaign.

34. During the week of 14-18th of January 2010, on the Nile TV broadcast "Round Table Show", the Egyptian Foreign Minister Abul Gheit said while meeting with Obama, he swore to him that he was a Muslim, the son of a Muslim father and step-son of Muslim step-father, that his half-brothers in Kenya were Muslims, and that he was loyal to the Muslim agenda. He asked that the Muslim world show patience. Obama promised that once he overcame some domestic American problems, that he would show the Muslim world what he would do with Israel.

These 34 reasons each by themselves may not account for much. But when someone has committed all of these and more it reveals an "extremely" strong pattern.

Growing up as a Muslim, Obama learned that according to the Qur'an it is acceptable to lie, deceive and live by a double standard provided in so doing one advances Islamic goals.

Muslims only pretend to trust and be friends with non-Muslims; in the deepest of their Muslim hearts they have been taught that all non-Muslims are infidels.

I believe that it is one's actions that reveal who they are; not their words.

(***So is Obuma a Muslim or not??  I tend to think his loyalties lie with Islam.  I'm not saying everything stated in this article is true fact.  So what the hell do I know?  Only what I've read and watched on TV... so who knows.  Hell, he might be an atheist, a person who denies or disbelieves the existence of a supreme being or beings.  Maybe Bill Maher finally got something right... you think?***)
"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Warph

Maureen Dowd: NBC Knew That Brian Williams Was Pathological, But Did Nothing

(NBC is not shocked by putting out falsehoods, it's what they do...)

WASHINGTON — THIS was a bomb that had been ticking for a while.

NBC executives were warned a year ago that Brian Williams was constantly inflating his biography. They were flummoxed over why the leading network anchor felt that he needed Hemingwayesque, bullets-whizzing-by flourishes to puff himself up, sometimes to the point where it was a joke in the news division.

But the caustic media big shots who once roamed the land were gone, and "there was no one around to pull his chain when he got too over-the-top," as one NBC News reporter put it.

It seemed pathological because Williams already had the premier job, so why engage in résumé inflation? And you don't get those jobs because of your derring-do.

Keep reading at: http://www.nytimes.com/2015/02/08/opinion/sunday/maureen-dowd-anchors-aweigh.html?_r=2
--Warph

-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Warph

Lyin' Brian Rescued 1 Puppy? 2 Puppies?
Ah Heck, How About A Whole Passel Of Puppies?

(Maybe he saved an old grandmother from a flood, too...)

Via NY Post:
http://pagesix.com/2015/02/06/brian-williams-also-told-iffy-tales-of-rescuing-puppies-from-fires/

Long before he was caught lying about his chopper being forced down by enemy fire in Iraq, Brian Williams boasted how he bravely rescued a terrified puppy from a house fire.
Or maybe it was two puppies.

The truth-challenged NBC anchor told dueling versions of his supposed heroics as a teenage volunteer firefighter with the Old Village Fire Company in Middletown, NJ.

In October 2011, Williams waxed rhapsodic about how his dad took him to fires.

"I remember one such house fire . . . conducting a search on my hands and knees, when I felt something warm, squishy and furry on the floor of a closet," Williams said.

"I instinctively tucked it in my coat. When I got outside, I saw two small eyes staring up at me, and I returned the 3-week-old and very scared puppy to its grateful owners," he said.

But in July 2005, he told a different story, insisting he had saved not one but two pups from certain death.

"All I ever did as a volunteer fireman was once save two puppies," he said, according to Esquire magazine.
--Warph

-- Warph

redcliffsw

Just another guy doing his best for the country - the Democrat and Republican war promotion effort and of course, economic freedom.  Liberty?  nah.

Ross

Quote from: Warph on February 08, 2015, 12:59:41 AM

Now let me give you 34 reasons why I somewhat agree with SodaHead.com who think Barack Hussein Obuma is a muslim.

I'm sick of this guy and all the wasteful liberals that follow him in trying to destroy our country and our lives. Because that is exactly what is going on.

It would be nice if our congressmen and representatives would open their eyes and all work together and get some balls and sink this SOB's boat.

Keep the posts coming Warph.

Ross

This one was just brought to my attention by a friend,

'Chickens Come Home to Roost' –
Rev. Jeremiah Wright's Daughter
Convicted on 11 Counts of Fraud
Posted by Jim Hoft on Saturday, March 8, 2014,

Jeri Wright and Rev. Jeremiah Wright (photo from AP)

In September Jeri Wright, daughter of Reverend "God Damn America" Wright, and 12 other Democrats were charged with embezzling $16 million in Federal health grants that should have gone to AIDS charities and other programs for the poor and needy.

More than one of the defendants had direct ties to President Barack Obama.

On Friday Reverend Jeremiah Wright's daugher was found guilty of eleven counts that included money laundering and lying to federal agents.
Breitbart reported:

On Friday, a federal jury took less than two hours to convict the daughter of President Barack Obama's controversial former pastor, Jeremiah Wright, of fraud.

Jeri Wright was found guilty of a fraud scheme that siphoned thousands of taxpayer dollars intended for a not-for-profit work and education program known as We Are Our Brother's Keeper.

Prosecutor Timothy Bass said Jeri Wright lied "over and over" and went on a "spending spree" that included traveling to Las Vegas, buying vehicles, and remodeling her basement with cash from the money laundering scheme.

She was found guilty on all counts.

Obama and his " Mentor"

Ross

UN, Agenda 21 and I.C.L.E.I. seems to be alive and well or something, in Kansas Governments. I just received the following e-mail. I hope you find it interesting.

New post on NOlathe's
Secret Meetings, Hidden Documents and Spooky Votes
by nolathe

JoCo Commission Chair "Oh shucks! We need to discuss the 2013 Cow Flatulence Study. But the last time we had public meetings on this, the room rumbled when we lost control."

JoCo County Manager "Let's schedule a secret meeting in the bowels of the building."

JoCo Commission Chair "Make sure all the exhaust fans are pointed towards the Courthouse. Just in case someone gets wind of this they won't blame me. There's an election next week and tomorrow is Halloween."
JoCo County Manager "Don't worry boss. No advanced notice, no minutes, no recordings and no press or public. Unless they're downwind, no one will ever know about the votes either. Just between us, I really like it when you call me Spooky Dude, ah sorry boss. Consider it done!"

JoCo Commission Chair "Okey Spooky Dude, Depends."

Spooky Dude "Depends?"

JoCo Commission Chair "Depends you idiot! Don't forget Depends!"
---
This "Keep 50 feet from open flame" story starts in 2012. Briefly:
Wanting to know the 2012 connection between George Soros, Johnson County and Clarion Associates we filed a KORA Request and Complaint http://nolathe.net/.../complaint-filed-with-kansas-attorney-.../

Wanting to know the 2012 connection between George Soros, Johnson County and I.C.L.E.I. we filed a KORA Request and Complaint http://nolathe.net/.../second-complaint-filed-with-kansas-at.../

Maybe due to increasing pressure or just an act of nature, shortly after these filed complaints Johnson County leaked out their I.C.L.E.I. membership had expired. Even recently one Commissioner was quoted to have said "We aren't a member of ICLEI, I had Spooky Dude confirm that." NOlathe and others have often said that getting JoCo out of I.C.L.E.I was much easier than getting I.C.L.E.I. out of Johnson County. In the years 2013, 2014 and 2015 since leaving I.C.L.E.I. George Soros and Agenda 21 is not only alive but thriving.

But unknowing during the complaint investigations of 2012, JoCo released to The Kansas State Attorney General's Office what will be referred to as the "stinking document" ICLEI kora letter
Or more specifically

Real stinky

"Except as ICLEI expressly authorizes in writing and in advance, Consultant shall not use, copy, modify, or distribute any of the ICLEI Property (electronically or otherwise) or any copy, adaptation, transcription, or merged portion thereof."

A reasonable person would conclude that neither Johnson County nor Consultant may use ICLEI name or property without written/prior approval. Spooky Dude says "Depends."

On October 30, 2014 held a secret meeting to discuss the 2013 Cow Flatulence Study provided here October 30, 2014 unrecorded meeting document

Just like Clarion Associates is ICLEI's endorsed Charter 2030 coordinator the Brendle Group http://www.brendlegroup.com/ is the recommended Consultant for ICLEI endorsed Cow Flatulence Studies.

Further review of the secret October 30, 2014 Greenhouse Gas 2013 documents we find
Johnson County's Consultant was Brendle Group

For the first time in Flatulence Study History a joint study was conducted with Kansas City, Missery a current and dues paying member of ICLEI.

Licensed measuring and accounting property of ICLEI was used to collect and compile the data
ICLEI.1
ICLEI.2

NOlathe is quite sure that a lawfully answered KORA request would reveal a written agreement between ICLEI, Kansas City and Johnson County. These Soros Dudes are Spooky, but they ain't stupid. They leave that to us. In 2014 our Commissioners accept a study from 2013 conducted by a group they dropped from 2012 and bet their flatulence in silence near silence.

Ross

Another e-mail I recieved, I had not heard this one in the mainstream media either.

It's odd this wasn't reported and repeated as many times as I've heard about air in footballs.

Remember the guy who got on a plane with a bomb built into his shoe and tried to detonate it?  Did you know his trial is over? Did you know he was sentenced?  Did you see/hear any of the judge's comments on the bloody TV or Radio?  I didn't think so!  EVERYONE should hear what the judge had to say. Ruling by Judge William Young, US District Court.

Prior to sentencing, the Judge asked the defendant if he had anything to say.   His response: After admitting his guilt to the court for the record, Reid also admitted his 'allegiance to Osama bin Laden, to Islam, and to the religion of Allah,' defiantly stating, 'I think I will not apologize for my actions,' and told the court 'I am at war with your country.'

Judge Young then delivered the statement quoted below:
Judge Young: 'Mr. Richard C. Reid, hearken now to the sentence the Court imposes upon you.  On counts 1, 5 and 6 the Court sentences you to life in prison in the custody of the United States Attorney General. On counts 2, 3, 4 and 7, the Court sentences you to 20 years in prison on each count, the sentence on each count to run consecutively. (That's 80 years.)On count 8 the Court sentences you to the mandatory 30 years again, to be served consecutively to the 80 years just imposed. The Court imposes upon you for each of the eight counts a fine of $250,000 that's an aggregate fine of $2 million. The Court accepts the government's recommendation with respect to restitution and orders restitution in the amount of $298.17 to Andre Bousquet and $5,784 to American Airlines.  The Court imposes upon you an $800 special assessment. The Court imposes upon you five years supervised release simply because the law requires it, but the life sentences are real life sentences, so I need go no further. 

This is the sentence that is provided for by our statutes. It is a fair and just sentence. It is a righteous sentence.Now, let me explain this to you. We are not afraid of you or any of your terrorist co-conspirators, Mr. Reid. We are Americans. We have been through the fire before. There is too much war talk here and I say that to everyone with the utmost respect. Here in this court, we deal with individuals as individuals and care for individuals as individuals. As human beings, we reach out for justice.

You are not an enemy combatant. You are a terrorist. You are not a soldier in any war. You are a terrorist. To give you that reference, to call you a soldier, gives you far too much stature. Whether the officers of government do it or your attorney does it, or if you think you are a soldier, you are not-----, you are a terrorist. And we do not negotiate with terrorists. We do not meet with terrorists. We do not sign documents with terrorists. We hunt them down one by one and bring them to justice.

So war talk is way out of line in this court. You are a big fellow. But you are not that big. You're no warrior. I've known warriors. You are a terrorist. A species of criminal that is guilty of multiple attempted murders. In a very real sense, State Trooper Santiago had it right when you first were taken off that plane and into custody and you wondered where the press and the TV crews were, and he said: You're no big deal. You are no big deal. What your able counsel and what the equally able United States attorneys have grappled with and what I have as honestly as I know how tried to grapple with, is why you did something so horrific. What was it that led you here to this courtroom today?I have listened respectfully to what you have to say. And I ask you to search your heart and ask yourself what sort of unfathomable hate led you to do what you are guilty of and admit you are guilty of doing? And, I have an answer for you. It may not satisfy you, but as I search this entire record, it comes as close to understanding as I know.
It seems to me you hate the one thing that to us is most precious. You hate our freedom. Our individual freedom. Our individual freedom to live as we choose, to come and go as we choose, to believe or not believe as we individually choose. Here, in this society, the very wind carries freedom. It carries it everywhere from sea to shining sea. It is because we prize individual freedom so much that you are here in this beautiful courtroom, so that everyone can see, truly see, that justice is administered fairly, individually, and discretely. It is for freedom's sake that your lawyers are striving so vigorously on your behalf, have filed appeals, will go on in their represent-  tion of you before other judges.

We Americans are all about freedom. Because we all know
that the way we treat you, Mr. Reid, is the measure of our own liberties. Make no mistake though. It is yet true that we will bear any burden; pay any price, to preserve our freedoms. Look around this courtroom. Mark it well. The world is not going to long remember what you or I say here. The day after tomorrow, it will be forgotten, but this, however, will long endure.

Here in this courtroom and courtrooms all across America , the American people will gather to see that justice, individual justice, justice, not war, individual justice is in fact being done. The very President of the United States through his officers will have to come into courtrooms and lay out evidence on which specific matters can be judged and juries of citizens will gather to sit and judge that evidence democratically, to mould and shape and refine our sense of justice.

See that flag, Mr. Reid? That's the flag of the United States of America. That flag will fly there long after this is all forgotten. That flag stands for freedom. And it always will.  Mr. Custody Officer: Stand him down.

So, how much of this Judge's comments did we hear on our TV?  We need more judges like Judge Young.  Everyone should and needs to hear what this fine judge had to say. Powerful words that strike home.

Ross

BREAKING: New State Makes Huge Move
to Ban Shariah Law
Saturday, February 7th, 2015

Add another name to the list of states that are trying to ban Shariah law. Amid what will no doubt be much gnashing of teeth and rending of burqas from the liberal side of the fence, Arkansas has introduced a bill that would make the application of Shariah law illegal in the Natural State.

The bill is Arkansas Senate Bill SB229, "An act to protect the rights and privileges granted under the United States Constitution; to declare American laws for American courts; and for other purposes."

It would essentially disallow Arkansas courts from taking into account any foreign or religious law that would contradict extant American legislation.

"The General Assembly finds that it shall be the public policy of this state to protect its citizens from the application of foreign laws when the application of a foreign law will result in the violation of one (1) or more of the following fundamental rights guaranteed by the Arkansas Constitution of this state or the United States Constitution," the bill reads.

While somewhat arcane, the gist of it is that Shariah cannot be substituted for existing law in courts, arbitration or anything else that might be characterized as a legal proceeding.

I'm sure that Jon Stewart is already preparing a monologue about how Islamophobic and fear-mongering the people of Arkansas are.

However, what the liberal media fails to report is that the use of Shariah law is becoming more prevalent in the United States.

We've previously reported on a case in Florida where Shariah law was substituted for common law in a dispute over mosque funding. And lest you think it's only Florida, it isn't.

According to the Center for Security Policy, there are at least 146 cases in the United States where courts have allowed Shariah tribunals to rule in place of following established legal precedent, according to Charisma News.

Given some of the misogyny and brutality of some aspects of Shariah, it's imperative that states insist on using established constitutionally valid law.

We can't chance a slippery slope where the worst aspects of Islamic law are countenanced by American courts in the name of political correctness.

We applaud Arkansas and await the day when all 50 states follow their example.

http://conservativetribune.com/state-huge-move-ban-shariah/

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk