This and That...

Started by Warph, September 04, 2012, 01:52:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warph

Second Best Story Of The Day

Life-sized Obama statue stolen from porch, later found with empty bottles
of alcohol and cigarette

BEAR CREEK, PA —
http://q13fox.com/2014/08/21/life-sized-obama-statue-stolen-from-porch-later-found-with-empty-bottles-of-alcohol-and-cigarette/

A life sized statue of President Obama was stolen off the front porch of a Pennsylvania woman's home earlier this week.

The statue has now turned up in a neighboring town sitting at a picnic table holding a nearly empty bottle of an alcoholic iced tea.

WNEP-TV first reported the statue missing Tuesday from the home of Tiffany Bruce of Wilkes-Barre Pennsylvania.

Bruce told WNEP-TV when she first realized the 12-hundred dollar statue was gone she went into a panic.

"I couldn't breathe, and I had to go to the hospital," said Bruce

Bruce said she saved up for months to buy the statue.

"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Warph

Best Story Of The Day

Blue porch lights, Darren Wilson T-shirts part of
growing support for Ferguson officer

(I can se it now..."Coming up on MSNBC, why do racists like blue porch lights?")

Via Yahoo News:
https://news.yahoo.com/blue-porch-lights-darren-wilson-tshirts-mark-growing-support-for-ferguson-police-officer-223740049.html

Porch lights — many of them illuminating blue — are being left on in St. Louis and across the country in a show of support for the Missouri police officer who shot and killed an unarmed young man 10 days ago.

"Walmart in Desoto, Mo was OUT of blue bulbs," Brian Christopher commented on the Support Darren Wilson Facebook page. "I'll take this as a magnificent sign of support!"

"I put myself in that family's shoes," she said. "I would want to know that not everyone hated me for doing my job."

The 33-year-old woman, who has no ties to Wilson or the case, asked that Yahoo News not identify her by name due to the violence and hatred displayed in the St. Louis area since the 18-year-old's death.

--Warph

-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Warph

Worst Story Of The Day.. (So Far)

Obama Had Sharpton Report Directly To Valerie Jarrett On Situation In Ferguson,
Acted As Their Go-Between With Brown Family

(Rather ironic the "post-racial" president's inner circle includes vile race pimp Al Sharpton)

Via Politico:
http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2014/08/al-sharpton-obama-race-110249_full.html#.U_dckc1vZ3V

A few days after 18-year-old Mike Brown was gunned down in Ferguson, Missouri, White House officials enlisted an unusual source for on-the-ground intelligence amid the chaos and tear gas: the Rebel Al Sharpton, a fiery activist who became a household name by provoking rather than pacifying.

[...]

And the White House, as the crisis following Brown's death seemed to flare out of control, worked extensively behind the scenes to maximize The Rev's doing what he does, using him as both a source of information and a go-between. After huddling with Brown's family and local community leaders, Sharpton connected directly with White House adviser and First Friend Valerie Jarrett, vacationing in her condo in the exclusive Oak Bluffs section of Martha's Vineyard, not far from where President Obama and his family were staying. Obama was "horrified" by the images he was seeing on TV, Jarrett told Sharpton, and proceeded to pepper him with questions as she collected information for the president: How bad was the violence? Was it being fueled by outside groups—and could Sharpton do anything to talk them down? What did the Brown family want the White House to do?

It was a heady consultation for Sharpton, who spent years on the outside dreaming of a place in the pantheon of the civil rights leaders he revered as a teenage street preacher in Brooklyn, and it's an irony lost on no one that his rise to White House adviser has come thanks to Barack Obama, whose restrained personal style couldn't be any more different from Sharpton's. If anything, the Ferguson crisis has underscored Sharpton's role as the national black leader Obama leans on most, a remarkable personal and political transformation for a man once regarded with suspicion and disdain by many in his own party. It's a status made all the more surprising given that Obama, America's first black president, ran on a platform of moving beyond the country's painful racial divisions while Sharpton is the man who once defined those divisions for many Americans.

What brought them together, according to numerous sources I've spoken with about this over the years, is a shared commitment to racial justice, and a hardheaded pragmatism that has fueled their success. "He realized I wasn't as irrational or as crazy as people thought," Sharpton told me in an interview this week, and indeed Sharpton not only visits the White House frequently, he often texts or emails with senior Obama officials such as Jarrett and Attorney General Eric Holder, the first African American to hold that job and who, like Sharpton, views the Ferguson crisis as a pivotal one in Obama's presidency.
--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

Al Sharpton To Jesse Jackson On Eclipsing Him As Country's Top Race Baiter: "Deal With It"

(I'm a bigger scumbag, Jessie... deal with it.)

Via Mediaite:
Rev. Al Sharpton sees himself as having surpassed Jesse Jackson as the face of modern civil rights battles and he's not afraid to say so.

"I think he's (Jackson) now realized that he's older now," Sharpton says in a new Politico profile. "And he realizes that I've come into my own and he's got to deal with it."

The profile looks at how Sharpton, an MSNBC host, transformed himself from local race agitator to a top player in politics and close adviser to the Obama White House. It homes in on Sharpton's role in Ferguson, MO, the city rocked by the police shooting of 18-year-old black man Michael Brown.

--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

CNN Not Sure If We Should Call ISIS "Evil"...
But Again, "Maybe"

(CNN) -- http://edition.cnn.com/2014/08/22/opinion/dawes-isis-evil/index.html
By James Dawes

When most people look at ISIS, they see the incarnation of evil. Among its many horrific acts, the Islamic militant group beheaded American journalist James Foley and posted the video this week in retaliation for U.S. airstrikes in Iraq. The Pope typically protests violence, but he implied that he supports the use of military force to combat ISIS. Even al Qaeda says ISIS is too violent. Across the political spectrum, public officials and pundits have characterized them as "savages," a "cancer" and the "face of evil."

Is ISIS evil?

The problem with that question is that the answer is as easy as it is useless. Yes, ISIS is evil and must be stopped. Saying so over and over again could very well make it harder to stop them.

James Dawes: There is only one good reason to denounce a group as evil -- because you plan to injure them, and calling them evil makes it psychologically easier to do so. "Evil" is the most powerful word we have to prepare ourselves to kill other people comfortably.

The flip side is that "evil" is also a word that stops us from thinking.

There is no point in trying to understand evil because it is, in the most typical phrasing, "inhuman," "senseless" or "beyond comprehension." It is a fool's quest to analyze the local realities and strategic imperatives of unthinking savages. There is something almost offensive about trying to understand such evil.

National Review's Jonah Goldberg tried to shame those who are trying to think seriously about ISIS. In a recent tweet, he mocked the attempt to understand ISIS in its social and political context, suggesting that we should focus instead on one fact: "They're evil. They do obviously evil things for evil ends."

(This is WHY I don't watch CNN anymore... the author of this piece, James Dawes, should be lying in the same ditch as those poor souls)

--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

Joint Chiefs Chair: Open Borders And Immigration Issues
Make ISIL "Immediate Threat"

(Martin Dempsey to get tongue lashing for telling truth in 3-2-1...)

(CNSNews.com ) – Gen. Martin Dempsey said at a Pentagon press briefing yesterday that "because of open borders and immigration issues," the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL) an "immediate threat."

In the context of the ISIL threat, Dempsey said he had had conversations his European colleagues "about their southern flank." He did not specifically mention the U.S.-Mexico border, which is the southern flank of the United States.

A reporter asked Dempsey and Secretary of Defense Chuck Hagel: "Is it the calculation, though, that ISIL presents a 9/11 level threat to the United States?"

Read More...
http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/terence-p-jeffrey/joint-chiefs-chair-open-borders-and-immigration-issues-make-isil
--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

British Islamists Gloat Over Beheading Of James Foley

Via Times of London:
http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/news/world/middleeast/article4182593.ece

British jihadists gloated and cracked jokes as the news of James Foley's death spread yesterday.

Some posted in Arabic, others in English. All legitimised the brutal act as religiously ordained.

Abu Aminah, under the username of @ghazisami, tweeted: "My hopes and prayers in this whole James Foley fiasco goes to the mujahid executioner. May Allah keep him and his family safe."He used verses from the Koran and Hadiths to support the beheading. Indicating that he was British, he said of the knifeman: "Half of UK Pakis speak like that."

Abul Muthanna, a self-described "soldier of the Islamic State", described the British "brother" as a "lion". Tweeting under the username of @abulmuthanna313, he said: "They went on a mad one." He later wrote: "U can call our acts horrific but calling us cowards? Our men love death like u love life, they come at u with explosive belts #DeathSeekers". The writer is thought to be Nasser Muthana, 20, from Cardiff. His younger brother Aseel, 17, and their friend Reyaad Khan, 20, are among about 500 British jihadists believed to have fought alongside IS forces in Syria and Iraq. [...]

Abu Turaab al-Kanadi, a Canadian fighter with the username of @AlTuraabSVD, made light of the decapitation, saying it was "time to play soccer".

Another fighter calling himself Abu dhar al-muhajir tweeted: "We have heard that Roman blood is very delicious, and we have come here to enjoy it". He added: "Revenge is sweet."

Another man, tweeting under the name Life of a Mujahid, wrote: "Reason for American journalists or civilians being killed in response to American crimes against Muslims is, they haven't left us a choice. You have more technology doesn't mean you kill millions of innocents . . . An eye for an eye!"

--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

Jesse Jackson Cornered by Angry Ferguson Protesters:
'When You Going to Stop Selling Us Out?'
Aug. 22, 2014 - By Erica Ritz

(Protesters peg him dead to rights...)

At least two protesters cornered Jesse Jackson at a McDonald's in Ferguson, Mo., tearing into him for what they saw as a lack of leadership after Michael Brown's death, according to video posted by Western Journalism.

Jesse Jackson is berated by protesters in Ferguson, Missouri.
(Image via Western Journalism)

"Hey, Jesse Jackson. How you doing? Are you here to support us?" one protester began, approaching Jackson's vehicle and recording the interaction.

"You've been marching all day long? We haven't seen you marching all day long," he said. "Are you going to pay the bond of those brothers that's been locked up?"

"Are you marching today with us, or are you just going to sit in the car?" the second protester demanded.

"We ain't seen you!" the first protester said. "When you going to stop selling us out, Jesse? We don't want you here in St. Louis! When you gonna stop selling us out, Jesse?"

Jackson remained quiet throughout most of the interaction, but at that point, his driver interjected: "Wait a minute, brother..."

"Ain't no, 'Wait a minute brother,'" the first protester retorted, growing increasingly irate. "This is real! We activists out here! ... You're not a leader. We don't want you here, brother. Matter of a fact, you're not even a brother. You can keep moving and get them brothers out of jail. That's what you can do!"

You can watch the complete clip via Western Journalism, below:http://www.westernjournalism.com/leader-black-protesters-ambushes-jesse-jackson-missouri/
--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

'A Subtle Message to ISIS' From a Ticked Off Military Veteran Should Send a Chill Down the Spine of Every Terrorist

A military veteran has penned a brutally scathing message to the Islamic State militants in the Middle East who are slaughtering innocent men, women, and children.

The powerful response from Nick Powers, identified as a Marine Corps veteran by one website, comes after terrorists beheaded American photojournalist James Foley and posted the propaganda video online for the world to see.

The main, undeniable point of his message to ISIS terrorists is this: You really don't want to pick a fight with America's veterans.  (How about we Americans send this message to the criminals in Wash, DC as well?  It is their NAZI regime,including the Bush cabal/Clintons/Soros et al who are financing ISIS on steroids, the replacement mercenaries for the former AlQaeda 'terrorists'.)

It's best to read his message in its entirety:

"As I sit here constantly hearing and watching you execute innocent men, women and children in the Middle East, I chuckle. Why do I chuckle you may ask? Well, let me explain something to you cowardice fools who think you are so tough behind all your propaganda videos. You are scaring a population that doesn't know how to fight.  You're bullying the weak. (YEAH – and these bastards HIDE BEHIND ALL THE BLACK MUSLIM GARB - THEY HIDE - THEY ARE FULL OF FEAR THEMSELVES – WE ARE NOT TO  BE ABLE TO IDENTIFY THESE SCUM – WELL, TIME FOR THE MASKS TO BE BLOWN OFF.)

You say Islam is the 'religion of peace', but since when does terrorizing the innocent and beheading men, women and children constitute peace? WTF? But keep in mind, what did Saddam's troops do when we came rolling into town? They surrendered, twice... So all your empty threats of coming to America and raising your flag over the White House amuse me more than any of you sick, sadistic bastards could ever imagine or comprehend.

In 2012 there was about 21.2 million veterans in the United States. Do you understand what that means? Let me break it down for you. That means there are literally millions of disgruntled, dysfunctional, pissed off veterans who have been dealing with years of abuse from their government stabbing them in the backs and having to watch their friends die because you Islamic extremist idiots can't seem to act like normal human beings and stop terrorism and the violence.

It's one thing to take over an Islamic state but, if my memory serves me correctly, I'm pretty sure we plowed through Fallujah in 4 days. Better yet, it took us about A month to control your entire country. At this point, with 13+ years of war under our belts, how long do you think it would take us to do it all over again? I'll let you draw your own conclusions on that one. Do you really think you stand a chance on US soil? Do you really think it would be smart to poke that bear? Remember, never bite the hand that feeds you.

Remember, we are armed to the teeth in the US and I can promise you this... the Geneva Conventions will not apply to you. You attack us and there will be no mercy. We will bring the righteous hand of God down upon you and crush you. The ball is in your court now ISIS. We are more than ready to arrange your so called "meeting" with your 72 virgins and send you to your "prophet" Mohamed."

– Nick Powers

http://www.warfighterfoundation.org/updates/warfighter-foundation-blog-featured-on-the-blaze/

--Warph

-- Warph

jarhead

Warph,
Those cowardly sons a bitches have no idea what they would be up against if they brought their fight here to the Mother Land. Lots of old vets, given the chance again, would like to check out in a blaze of glory---that is unless our CiC disarms us all before his brothers all get here. Personally, I would have to recruit Doc Larry to come here and pass out Darvons every day just to get me jump started

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk