This and That...

Started by Warph, September 04, 2012, 01:52:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patriot

Quote from: jarhead on December 29, 2012, 12:32:06 PM
Can one of you smart people, like ol Warph, explain why the tax payers should pick up the tab to the tune of 17 billion dollars, included in this aid pkg, to help people rebuild their homes and business's ? Isn't that what insurance is for ?

Them's mighty fine questions, jarhead... until you take the gimee, entitlement mentality into account.  Haven't you heard?  Obama has a 'private stash' to help folks out.  But you might keep paying for that insurance just in case.  LOL

Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

jarhead

Patriot,
$58 million in subsidies for tree planting on private properties.
Now aint that a kick in the arse. If some one wants a tree let them buy their own---or better yet send that $58 million to us and we will dump a boat load of hedge apples in the Atlantic and when they wash ashore---in a couple years they will have lots of nice trees

Warph

Quote from: jarhead on December 29, 2012, 09:50:01 PM
Patriot,
$58 million in subsidies for tree planting on private properties.
Now aint that a kick in the arse. If some one wants a tree let them buy their own---or better yet send that $58 million to us and we will dump a boat load of hedge apples in the Atlantic and when they wash ashore---in a couple years they will have lots of nice trees

Don't forget these Pork Pie dittys, Jar...

***The bill includes $188 million for an Amtrak project to curb rail bottlenecks in the Northeast. The project was on the table LONG BEFORE Sandy hit in late October, according to an analysis of the bill by the group Taxpayers for Common Sense.

***$150 million for the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration for fisheries disasters in 2012 not related to Sandy; the money could go to New England states, Alaska, New York and Mississippi.

***$821 million for dredging projects in areas hit by Sandy and OTHER natural disasters.

***$20,000 to buy a new car for the Department of Justice's inspector general. (I love this one!)

I read that a good number of insurance companies are dragging their heels on this waiting to see what the Feds are going to do.  They need cut other federal programs to pay for some or all of the disaster costs.  The head of the F E M A, Craig Fugate, recently said the government's disaster relief fund still has $4.8 billion, enough to pay for recovery efforts into early spring. 

Hopefully the House will whittle this bill down.
"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

jarhead

Why not tell it like it was???

I had a dream last night...

There sat the dog faced John Kerry  before the Senate confirmation hearings
for his appointment to Secretary of  State. After the Chair had praised his
vast "Diplomatic Experience"...  Followed by praise for his integrity,
honorable service, etc. He finally  turns the hearing over to the rest of
the panel for questioning... and here  is where my dream turned to
fantasy...
For in my dream... the first  Republican Senator to ask a question starts like
this....

Senator...  you life story is a long and storied one...well known throughout
the world...  and the Chair has praised your integrity and diplomatic
experience... I'd  like to start by asking you to once again describe your
famous Christmas Eve,  secret mission into Cambodia ... Which I find most
interesting since you  weren't even in SE Asia during the Christmas time of
year? Then I would like  to ask... is consorting with our nations enemies
part of your "Diplomatic  Experience"... Like North Vietnam while we were at
war? The Sandinista's  while we were engaged in conflict in Central America ?
The butcher Assad and  Saddam Hussein in the Middle East ... and the Russians
and Chinese when we  were engaged in the Cold War?

And would you explain to us how you  recruited your fellow "Winter Soldiers"
to come and testify before Congress  about atrocities committed by our
American Soldiers and Marines... when most  of the so called witnesses you
recruited... were never even in the military  or had ever gone to Vietnam ?
Remind us of your eye witness accounts of our  Vietnam Veterans as being as
ruthless as the hordes of Gangues Khan? Tell us  when and where you observed
that first hand Senator Kerry?

And then  I'd like to know why your citations for your Silver Stars were
signed by a  Secretary of the Navy... years and years after the war was
over?

And also, is  it true as charged by eye witnesses... Your Purple Hearts were
as a result of  your own incompetence? Friendly fire by your own hand? These
are just some of  the questions I have... and should be answered before your
confirmation.

And in my dream... I was cheerleading the line of  questioning and thinking
subconsciously... "Ask why he couldn't pass the Bar  Exam... if he is so
brilliant"? "Ask him why he parked his boat in Rhode  Island ... Was it to
avoid taxes on it in his home state"? "Ask him how he has  accumulated such
grand wealth on the salary of a Senator"? "Is it true that  your wealth was
derived by marrying homely, if not down right, butt ugly...  rich heiresses
and widows"? "And ask him why the men who served with him in   Vietnam ...
universally hate his guts... along with 99.9% of all Vietnam  Veterans"?

"Ask him if it is true that of all the men and women in the U.S.  Senate... he is
known to be the most egotistical of them all... only his good  buddy, John
McCain comes close. A man who also married well... Birds of a  feather"?

And then... I woke up! Ain't gonna happen... Politicians are  gutless!

But I have to ask myself? Is this the face America wants to  present to the
rest of the world? A man who has made a career of lies,  falsehoods and
deceit? I can think of no human being... who symbolizes the  term; "Ugly
American" more than John Kerry. A liar, a phony, arrogant, piece  of human
dog squeeze if there ever was one!

Is this a man we should be  proud to be hailed as a "Great American"? Can
any foreign leader ever trust a  single word out of this man's mouth... when
it is documented that he has lied  to his own countrymen... time after time
after time... Is this the best we  have offer? In a perfect world... this
man wouldn't even be considered for  "Dog Catcher"... even though he did
manage to capture two in his  lifetime.

He is an insult... a mortal insult... to all who have  served.

Ed Schriber
Col. USMC (Ret.)
"Semper Fi"

Warph

I love that last line from the Col., "He is an insult... a mortal insult... to all who have  served."

Commander George Elliott--who praised Kerry's conduct during the Vietnam War--provided an affidavit criticizing Kerry for being awarded a Silver Star.

However, what appeared at first as a coup for them appeared to backfire when, on August 5, 2004, a Boston Globe article reported that Elliott had recanted his criticism of Kerry. The article quoted Elliott as saying, "It was a terrible mistake probably for me to sign the affidavit with those words. I'm the one in trouble here." The affidavit states that the incident for which Kerry received the medal was actually shooting "a wounded, fleeing Viet Cong in the back." Elliott said he felt "time pressure" to sign the affidavit "That's no excuse," Elliott said, "I knew it was wrong. ... In a hurry I signed it and faxed it back. That was a mistake." [28]

In the same article Elliott maintained that, "based on the affidavits of the veterans on other boats," Kerry's being awarded the Bronze Star and third Purple Heart might be questionable. He said: "I simply have no reason for these guys [signing the other affidavits] to be lying, and if they are lying in concert, it is one hell of a conspiracy. So, on the basis of all of the information that has come out, I have chosen to believe the other men. I absolutely do not know first hand."

Check for rest of story @:
http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php?title=Swift_Boat_Veterans_for_Truth

The swift boat veterans disclosed the real Kerry and it was this group not the Republicans who stopped him from gaining control of the entire USA... however he remained in Senate and kept his powerful seat, tho' it's unfortunate that an effective effort did not remove him from the Senate.  Kerry shows that elites can disregard our laws without any retribution and rise in power.  I expect his pal McCain will ensure the Senate confirmation goes smoothly without any meaningful opposition... another sign of a failing U.S. Congress.
...Warph

I have to agree with FDR:

See the resemblance:

Radical John Kerry Heads to State Dept.

It looks as if pathological liar and long-time radical Sen. John Kerry (D-MA) will be nominated for Secretary of State. But who is Kerry?

Let's begin in 1971, when Kerry, ironically speaking to the same Foreign Relations Committee which he now heads, said of America's efforts in the Vietnam War: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/matt-hadro/2012/08/11/wolf-blitzer-quotes-john-kerry-plea-us-accelerate-withdrawal-afghanistan

Each day to facilitate the process by which the United States washes her hands of Vietnam, someone has to give up his life so that the United States doesn't have to admit something that the entire world already knows ... so that we can't say that we've made a mistake.

Then the slander started:
https://facultystaff.richmond.edu/~ebolt/history398/JohnKerryTestimony.html

I would like to talk, representing all those veterans, and say that several months ago in Detroit, we had an investigation at which over 150 honorably discharged and many very highly decorated veterans testified to war crimes committed in Southeast Asia, not isolated incidents but crimes committed on a day-to-day basis with the full awareness of officers at all levels of command....

They told the stories at times they had personally raped, cut off ears, cut off heads, taped wires from portable telephones to human genitals and turned up the power, cut off limbs, blown up bodies, randomly shot at civilians, razed villages in fashion reminiscent of Genghis Khan, shot cattle and dogs for fun, poisoned food stocks, and generally ravaged the countryside of South Vietnam in addition to the normal ravage of war, and the normal and very particular ravaging which is done by the applied bombing power of this country.

Kerry still stood by those charges in 2004:
http://articles.cnn.com/2004-04-25/politics/hughes.kerry.vietnam_1_kerry-campaign-spokesman-kerry-s-vietnam-atrocities?_s=PM:ALLPOLITICS

Kerry told NBC last week that his use of the word 'atrocity' was 'inappropriate' and that the language he had used 'reflected an anger. It was honest, but it was in anger. It was a little bit excessive. He also said he never intended to cast a negative light on the soldiers with whom he served."

Kerry bullied others to lie, too, as Steve Pitkin, a fellow veteran who testified with Kerry, later admitted:
In January of 1971, I rode in a van with John Kerry, a national leader of the VVAW, and others from Washington D.C. to Detroit to attend the Winter Soldier Investigation, a conference intended to publicize alleged American war crimes in Vietnam. Having no knowledge of such war crimes, I did not intend to speak at the event.

During the Winter Soldier Investigation, John Kerry and other leaders of that event pressured me to testify about American war crimes, despite my repeated statements that I could not honestly do so. One event leader strongly implied that I would not be provided transportation back to my home in Baltimore, Maryland, if I failed to comply. Kerry and other leaders of the event instructed me to publicly state that I had witnessed incidents of rape, brutality, atrocities and racism, knowing that such statements would necessarily be untrue.

http://archive.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2004/10/19/203211.shtml

Kerry as Secretary of State will follow in Israel-hater Hillary Clinton's anti-Israel footsteps, as Wikileaks revealed:
   On a February trip to the Middle East, Senate Foreign Relations Committee chairman John Kerry (D-MA)    told Qatari leaders that the Golan Heights should be returned to Syria, that a Palestinian capital should be    established in East Jerusalem as part of the Arab-Israeli peace process, and that he was 'shocked' by what    he saw on a visit to Gaza.

Any negotiation has its limits, added Senator Kerry, and we know for the Palestinians that control of Al-   Aqsa mosque and the establishment of some kind of capital for the Palestinians in East Jerusalem are not negotiable.

http://thecable.foreignpolicy.com/posts/2010/11/29/wikileaked_john_kerry_calls_for_israel_to_cede_golan_heights_and_east_jerusalem

In 2007, Kerry voted against a Senate resolution that wanted to "combat, contain, and roll back the violent activities and destabilizing influence inside Iraq of the Government of the Islamic Republic of Iran." This, of course is exactly what has been happening ever since. The resolution also designated the Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps as a foreign terrorist organization; Kerry didn't like that either.
http://www.thepoliticalguide.com/Profiles/Senate/Massachusetts/John_Kerry/Views/Iran/

Kerry was one of the first politicians to call for Egyptian President Mubarak's resignation, in line with Barack Obama's push for the Islamization of the Middle East.

But the most damning charge against Kerry is that this man who came home and denounced American troops in Vietnam left POWs behind who were still imprisoned there when he headed the Select Senate Committee on POW-MIA Affairs. There was plenty of evidence that POW's were still in Vietnam, but Kerry pushed for normalization of relations with Vietnam despite that.
http://amvetspost1992.org/pow_mia.htm

--Warph

-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Warph

Top Ten Worst John Kerry Foreign Policy Mistakes

Senate Republicans seem eager to let fellow Senator John Kerry (D-MA) sail through the confirmation process and take office as Secretary of State (once current incumbent Hillary Clinton testifies about the Benghazi attack). The logic seems to be that "elections have consequences," and that President Barack Obama has again earned the right to select a competent advocate for his foreign policy, even if that policy is a bad one.

Kerry's weaknesses are not as self-evident as those of UN Ambassador Susan Rice, who misled the nation about Benghazi and had a long record of other failures. Yet Sen. Kerry has been on the wrong side of nearly every foreign policy issue for the past 40 years. His "experience" is much like that of supposed foreign policy guru, Vice President Joe Biden: a long track record of grievous mistakes.

Here are Kerry's top ten worst:

10. Honduras (2009) - Sen. Kerry backed Obama's dubious claim that leftist President Manuel Zelaya--an antisemite and autocrat in the Hugo Chavez mode--had been ousted in a coup. He even tried to reverse a contrary finding by the Law Library of Congress.

9. Terrorism (1996) - In a debate with former Gov. Bill Weld, Sen. Kerry opposed the death penalty for terrorists, at a time when lack of vigilance by the Clinton administration allowed Al Qaeda to become a deadly threat. (After 9/11, Sen. Kerry changed his mind.)

8. Nicaragua (1985) - As Mary Anastasia O'Grady of the Wall Street Journal noted last week, Sen. Kerry encouraged Congress to end aid for the Contras, who were opposing the Sandinista regime, which quickly found support from the Soviet Union and Cuba.

7. Iraq (2003) - In 2002, Sen. Kerry voted to authorize the Iraq War; in 2003, he voted against continued funding and aid necessary to secure victory. The flip-flop was not only indefensible, but also cost Sen. Kerry the 2004 election against George W. Bush.

6. Colombia (2003) - Sen. Kerry described FARC, a drug-fueled terrorist guerilla army in Colombia much beloved by Chavez and the far left, specializing in kidnappings and hostage-taking, as having "legitimate complaints" against the Colombian government.

5. Gulf War (1991) - Not only did Sen. Kerry vote against authorizing UN-approved action against Saddam Hussein, but he also argued for a "new world order" not led by the U.S. and criticized the American-led coalition President George H.W. Bush had built.

4. Iran (2007) - Our own William Bigelow notes: "In 2007, Kerry voted against a Senate resolution that wanted to "combat, contain, and roll back the violent activities and destabilizing influence inside Iraq of the Government of the Islamic Republic of Iran."

3. Israel (2003) - As CBS News has noted, Sen. Kerry called Israel's anti-terror security barrier--which has saved hundreds of Israeli and Palestinian lives--a "barrier to peace" in October 2003. (As on many other issues, Sen. Kerry soon reversed his position.)

2. Syria (2009) - Though Sen. Kerry condemned Syria as a supporter of terrorism in 1991, when Syria had aligned with the U.S. in the Gulf War, he later embraced dictator Bashar al-Assad, leading Democrats' efforts to rehabilitate the murderous regime.

1. Vietnam (1971) - As bad as Sen. Kerry's record has been since, nothing quite tops his national debut in the "Winter Soldier" investigation as a decorated veteran telling false stories about war crimes allegedly committed by American troops in Vietnam.

--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

What Does 'Right to Work' Really Mean?

By Chris Malagisi
1/2/2013

At this point in time, most people are probably familiar with the 'Right to Work' drama that ensued last week in Michigan. Through a debate with a staunch pro-union friend of mine, it dawned on me that perhaps there were some people who might not actually understand what it means to be pro 'Right to Work.'

At first glance, how could anyone be against a right to work? Who would be against someone working as the term itself invokes a pro-freedom sentiment found in the American democratic tradition. 'Right to Work' advocates believe these laws promote job creation, generate investment and allow workers to choose whether or not to join a union. 'Right to Work' opponents instead believe they are injurious to unions by reducing enrollment and dues, tends to decrease wages and overly favors employers.

Who's right? Studies show states like Michigan and others in the Midwest have some of the highest compulsory union enrollments yet also have high unemployment rates, compared to states with 'Right to Work' laws. On its face, this notion would seem counter intuitive as one might infer union membership implies protracted job security. These same studies also point out that non 'Right to Work' states pay their workers a little less but do provide more stability in the long run because they base their hiring decisions more so on demand, supply and the current economic conditions. So who's right?

Many justify their pro or con arguments based on the results of the laws as opposed to what is constitutionally just. To better understand what it means to be 'Right to Work' it is important to understand its actual constitutional heritage and the underlying free market principles that validate its position.

The US Constitution's first amendment guarantees the right of freedom of association and implies a freedom of non-association as well. The fifth amendment also guarantees private ownership of property and the principle of free enterprise. Understanding these rights, workers should therefore be able to join or not join unions and employers should have a substantial say in the way their business, or property, operates.

This notion changed substantially after the National Labor Relations Act, or Wagner Act, passed in congress and was signed into law by FDR in 1935. The new law purported to protect the rights of workers to organize labor unions, engage in collective bargaining - the ability to bargain on behalf of all union employees, striking as necessary to support their demands, and forced individuals to join a union whether they wanted to or not. In reality, the new law diminished fundamental private property rights for employers and their businesses and forced compulsory union membership and dues on employees.

The law was immediately controversial and unions steadily began to abuse their new powers throughout the country. Through intimidation, overreaching demands on management, compulsory membership and dues, and dispersing money to political candidates, whether or not the actual union membership endorsed them or not, became the new normal.

By 1947, one out of every fourteen workers were on strike. This eventually sparked the Labor-Management Relations Act, or Taft-Harley Act, which passed overwhelmingly in a bipartisan manner in congress in 1947, even overriding a presidential veto from President Truman. The act curtailed much of the abuses and redressed the labor-management imbalance. It also allowed, under section 14(b), the right-to-work clause giving workers the option not to join a union.

This also allowed employees the ability to decide on becoming union shops using a secret ballot - the same way we vote in any election in this country. This was incredibly important because unions could no longer intimidate others to join through social pressure or the threat of payback, which had taken place throughout much of the 1930s and 1940s. This sentiment was even captured in the Oscar winning Best Picture movie of 1954 - On the Waterfront, with Marlon Brando playing the famous lead role of Terry Malloy.

With all the hoopla this past week, 'Right to Work' opponents may not realize that they still have the right to organize if their employee base chooses to do so. 'Right to Work' advocates would agree with this as well but believe employees should have the fundamental right to choose whether or not to start or join a union without the fear of intimidation and by using a secret ballot. At the same time, non-union employees should not complain then of not receiving union benefits if they choose not to join their union.

As the country continues its economic drift, it's important we do not forget our constitutional freedoms and rights, even in this ever-changing globalized world with shifting economic landscapes and priorities. Both sides want a more prosperous and productive economy for all but it must begin with a right to work.
--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

*** "America's Greatest Work Of Art" ***
"So I said to him, 'Barack, I know Abe Lincoln, and you ain't Abe Lincoln ..'"

UPDATED: 01/03/13
Obuma has made numerous attempts to quote Lincoln SO WHY DOESN'T OBUMA USE THESE FAMOUS LINCOLN QUOTES:

"If I were to try to read, much less answer, all the attacks made on me, this shop might as well be closed for any other business. I do the very best I know how - the very best I can; and I mean to keep doing so until the end. If the end brings me out all right, what's said against me won't amount to anything. If the end brings me out wrong, ten angels swearing I was right would make no difference."
"I don't like to hear cut-and-dried sermons.  No--when I hear a man preach, I like to see him act as if he were fighting bees."

"If you would win a man to your cause, first convince him that you are his sincere friend. Therein is a drop of honey that catches his heart, which ... when once gained, you will find but little trouble in convincing his judgment of the justice of your cause."

"I have found that when one is embarrassed, usually the shortest way to get through with it is to quit talking about it or thinking about it, and go at something else."

"No man [who has] resolved to make the most of himself can spare time for personal contention."

"A man watches his pear-tree day after day, impatient for the ripening of the fruit. Let him attempt to force the process, and he may spoil both fruit and tree. But let him patiently wait, and the ripe pear at length falls into his lap!"

"The true rule, in determining to embrace or reject any thing, is not whether it has any evil in it; but whether it has more of evil than of good. There are few things wholly evil or wholly good. Almost every thing ... is an inseparable compound of the two; so that our best judgment of the preponderance between them is continually demanded."

"You must not wait to be brought forward by the older men....Do you suppose that I should ever have got into notice if I had waited to be hunted up and pushed forward by older men?"

"Half finished work generally proves to be labor lost...."

"Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other one thing."

"The dogmas of the quiet past are inadequate to the stormy present. As our case is new, so we must think anew, and act anew. We must disenthrall ourselves, and then we shall save our country."
Lincoln's Annual Message to Congress, December 1, 1862

OR

...these quotes by William John Henry Boetcker (1873–1962):

You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich.
You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong.
You cannot bring about prosperity by discouraging thrift.
You cannot lift the wage earner up by pulling the wage payer down.
You cannot further the brotherhood of man by inciting class hatred.
You cannot build character and courage by taking away people's initiative and independence.
You cannot help people permanently by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves.

OR

... remember these great quotes from the Obumanator himself:

"And finally, Bos, I just want to say thank you for Youkilis." –joking at a fundraiser in Boston about the Red Sox trading their beloved slugger Kevin Youkilis to Chicago White Sox, Obama's hometown team. The line drew boos from the audience. (June 25, 2012)

"When I meet with world leaders, what's striking -- whether it's in Europe or here in Asia..." -mistakenly referring to Hawaii as Asia while holding a press conference outside Honolulu, Nov. 16, 2011

"We're the country that built the Intercontinental Railroad." —Cincinnati, OH, Sept. 22, 2011

"We're not trying to push financial reform because we begrudge success that's fairly earned. I mean, I do think at a certain point you've made enough money. But, you know, part of the American way is, you know, you can just keep on making it if you're providing a good product or providing good service. We don't want people to stop, ah, fulfilling the core responsibilities of the financial system to help grow our economy." —on Wall Street reform, Quincy, Ill., April 29, 2010

"One such translator was an American of Haitian descent, representative of the extraordinary work that our men and women in uniform do all around the world -- Navy Corpse-Man Christian Brossard." –mispronouncing "Corpsman" (the "ps" is silent) during a speech at the National Prayer Breakfast, Washington, D.C., Feb. 5, 2010 (The Corpsman's name is also Christopher, not Christian)

"The Middle East is obviously an issue that has plagued the region for centuries." --Tampa, Fla., Jan. 28, 2010

"UPS and FedEx are doing just fine, right? It's the Post Office that's always having problems." –attempting to make the case for government-run healthcare, while simultaneously undercutting his own argument, Portsmouth, N.H., Aug. 11, 2009

"The Cambridge police acted stupidly." —commenting on a white police officer's arrest of black scholar Henry Louis Gates Jr. at his home in Cambridge, Mass., at a news conference, July 22, 2009

"The reforms we seek would bring greater competition, choice, savings and inefficiencies to our health care system." --in remarks after a health care roundtable with physicians, nurses and health care providers, Washington, D.C., July 20, 2009

"It was also interesting to see that political interaction in Europe is not that different from the United States Senate. There's a lot of -- I don't know what the term is in Austrian, wheeling and dealing." --confusing German for "Austrian," a language which does not exist, Strasbourg, France, April 6, 2009

"No, no. I have been practicing...I bowled a 129. It's like -- it was like Special Olympics, or something." --making an off-hand joke during an appearance on "The Tonight Show", March 19, 2009 (Obama later called the head of the Special Olympics to apologize)

"I didn't want to get into a Nancy Reagan thing about doing any seances." --after saying he had spoken with all the living presidents as he prepared to take office, Washington, D.C., Nov. 7, 2008 (Obama later called Nancy Reagan to apologize)

"I think when you spread the wealth around, it's good for everybody." -- defending his tax plan to Joe the Plumber, who argued that Obama's policy hurts small-business owners like himself, Toledo, Ohio, Oct. 12, 2008

"What I was suggesting -- you're absolutely right that John McCain has not talked about my Muslim faith..." --in an interview with ABC's George Stephanopoulos, who jumped in to correct Obama by saying "your Christian faith," which Obama quickly clarified (Watch video clip)

"I'm here with the Girardo family here in St. Louis." --speaking via satellite to the Democratic National Convention, while in Kansas City, Missouri, Aug. 25, 2008

"Let me introduce to you the next President -- the next Vice President of the United States of America, Joe Biden." --slipping up while introducing Joe Biden at their first joint campaign rally, Springfield, Illinois, Aug. 23, 2008

"Just this past week, we passed out of the U.S. Senate Banking Committee -- which is my committee -- a bill to call for divestment from Iran as way of ratcheting up the pressure to ensure that they don't obtain a nuclear weapon." --referring to a committee he is not on, Sderot, Israel, July 23, 2008

"Let me be absolutely clear. Israel is a strong friend of Israel's. It will be a strong friend of Israel's under a McCain...administration. It will be a strong friend of Israel's under an Obama administration. So that policy is not going to change." --Amman, Jordan, July 22, 2008

"How's it going, Sunshine?" --campaigning in Sunrise, Florida

"On this Memorial Day, as our nation honors its unbroken line of fallen heroes -- and I see many of them in the audience here today -- our sense of patriotism is particularly strong."

"Hold on one second, sweetie, we're going to do -- we'll do a press avail." --to a female reporter for ABC's Detroit affiliate who asked about his plan to help American autoworkers (Watch video clip)

"I've now been in 57 states -- I think one left to go." --at a campaign event in Beaverton, Oregon (Watch video clip)

"Why can't I just eat my waffle?" --after being asked a foreign policy question by a reporter while visiting a diner in Pennsylvania

"It's not surprising, then, they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren't like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations." --explaining his troubles winning over some working-class voters

"The point I was making was not that Grandmother harbors any racial animosity. She doesn't. But she is a typical white person, who, if she sees somebody on the street that she doesn't know, you know, there's a reaction that's been bred in our experiences that don't go away and that sometimes come out in the wrong way, and that's just the nature of race in our society."

"Come on! I just answered, like, eight questions." --exasperated by reporters after a news conference

"You're likeable enough, Hillary." --during a Democratic debate

"In case you missed it, this week, there was a tragedy in Kansas. Ten thousand people died -- an entire town destroyed." --on a Kansas tornado that killed 12 people.

--Warph

-- Warph

sixdogsmom

Uhhhh--- Warph, Lincloln did not say nor write those things.  8)
Edie

Bullwinkle

Why not quote a fellow democrat? 

" Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country."

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk