This and That...

Started by Warph, September 04, 2012, 01:52:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warph

Quote from: jarhead on October 17, 2012, 07:25:38 PM
Warph,
WHAT ! I did this thing and it has George Wallace winning !! OK that a fibber---mine showed Romney wining by a land slide---I hope I'm right.

You're right on, Jar... and if anyone gives you any lip about it, you can always quote them that famous Marine comeback: Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

Then watch them head for the hills.
"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

jarhead

But Warph,I have no catapult or big ass rocks . Will a beeny flipper and small pebbles do the trick ? All this sounds cruel but not as cruel as someone telling me to "pound dirt up my butt  ". This is my first day out of my bunker since I was told to do that dastardly deed---and then ,only after I built a chastity belt and wearing it backwards !!!

Patriot

Quote from: jarhead on October 18, 2012, 08:12:51 AM
---and then ,only after I built a chastity belt and wearing it backwards !!!

Now that visual is almost as scary as Obummer getting reelected and the dems holding the Senate.... not quite, but almost.   :o

Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

jarhead

Quote from Patriot:
almost as scary as Obummer getting reelected and the dems holding the Senate

Well crap, just got brave enough to come out of my bunker, then you say something that sends me scurrying right back into it !!!

Patriot

Quote from: jarhead on October 18, 2012, 10:25:26 AM
Well crap, just got brave enough to come out of my bunker, then you say something that sends me scurrying right back into it !!!

Bawk! Bawk!  C'mon... fight the good fight.  We need your smiling (even if toofless) face in the battle.  Besides, you don't wanna completely deplete you bunker Budweiser supply.

Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

Warph

The Christian world is reeling from the discovery of an ancient document
suggesting that Jesus was married.  And by "reeling from" I mean "not in
the slightest bit affected by."  Here's why:

--Warph

-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Warph

DEEEEE-FENSE

IN FOCUS: USAF Targets Long-Range Strike Bomber

By: Dave Majumdar Washington DC 12:00 15 Oct 2012  Source:  Flight International

The US Air Force is developing a new stealth bomber to counter growing anti-access/area-denial (A2/AD) challenges around the world - but the programme faces enormous challenges in the face of declining US defence outlays. The Long Range Strike-Bomber (LRS-B) is part of a so-called "family of systems" being designed to ensure US forces can hold any point on Earth that may be at risk from aerial attack. The Long Range Strike family of systems - particularly the new bomber - is the centrepiece of the Pentagon's emerging "AirSea Battle" construct.

On 17 February, US secretary of defense Leon Panetta told a mainly air force audience at Barksdale AFB, Louisiana that maintaining the USA's bomber fleet was "extremely important" as was "putting money into developing a new bomber - so we're going to do both of those". "We're going to maintain this bomber fleet. We're going to keep it in place. We need it for forward projection. We need it for power projection in the Pacific; we need it for power projection in the Middle East," he added.

The LRS-B project is considered so important to future US military strategy in the Western Pacific and Middle East that the programme is proceeding despite a $487 billion reduction in the Pentagon's budget covering the next 10 years.

F-35 Lighting II

F-35 Lighting II (JSF) is a extremely advanced 5th generation Stealth Strike Fighter of the near future.it is expected to be in service by 2015.it come in three variants : F-35A (USAF) , F-35B VSTOVL (USMC) & F-35C (USN)....
--Warph

-- Warph

jarhead

Matthews belongs in the loony bin along with Biden, DWS, Pelosi and a whole slew of those other  idiots in DC.

MSNBC's Matthews claims it's unconstitutional for Romney to challenge Obama
By Bradley Blakeman

Published October 19, 2012

This week, MSNBC "star" Chris Matthews made the following statement, clearly speaking out of frustration as he watched President Obama wilt under the scrutiny of the second presidential debates where he was challenged repeatedly by Republican Mitt Romney.

"I don't think he understands the Constitution of the United States...He's the president of the United States. You don't say, 'you'll get your chance.'"

Chris Matthews was angry with Romney challenging the president on his record during the course of an election to unseat him.

Imagine that.

Matthews should be angry about the president's poor performance not with Romney's tenaciousness in seeking the truth.

But here's the truth, that Matthews hasn't seemed to have learned: the respect you give is the respect you get. If the president wants respect than he better stop acting like a potentate and more like a president of the United States. Romney gave the president the respect he deserved at the debates and during the course of the election.

You would think Matthews would know what is in the Constitution and what is not.

Nowhere in the Constitution does it set forth that a president of the United States is above the people and cannot and should not be challenged. Is that not what a presidential election is all about – challenging an incumbent president on his record?

The Founding Fathers specifically limited the powers of the president and did not exempt a president from abiding by the laws of the land in the same manner and to the same extent as the average citizen.

America was founded because of our dissatisfaction with a monarchy run by kings and queens who were above the people. The problem is that Matthews thinks that not only he is above the people but President Obama should be as well.

The president of the United States in the Oath of Office swears to the following:

"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."

Prior to the debates mainstream media bigs could craft the coverage of the race as they saw it and in the manner they wanted to communicate it. The problem for them now is that they cannot tell the people what to think when they watched the debates themselves in real time and formed opinions without the need for explanation or editorializing. Their "power" over the people has been marginalized and the liberal media can't stand it.

I have news for Matthews: there is no greater responsibility a president has than to preserve, protect and defend the Constitutional protection of a citizens' freedom of speech -- presidents are neither immune from it nor protected from it.

I suggest that someone needs to stuff Chris Matthews' 2012 Christmas stocking with a copy of the US Constitution.

Warph

Quote from: jarhead on October 20, 2012, 09:16:08 AM
Matthews belongs in the loony bin along with Biden, DWS, Pelosi and a whole slew of those other  idiots in DC.

MSNBC's Matthews claims it's unconstitutional for Romney to challenge Obama

Right... the guy reminds me of a mean school yard bully.  He's MSLSDs biggest lush but keeps making those trips to the bank.

Ah, yes... Remember when?

Funniest clips of the famous SNL President Debates. Focused mainly on the best of them all, the Bush vs. Gore debates with Dana
Carvey filling in as George Bush Sr. Cannot forget the 'Maverick' either!

What politics is all about.

--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

Help You Don't Need:
"Governor Romney's argument is, 'We're not fixed, so fire him and put me in.' It is true we're not fixed. When President Obama looked into the eyes of that man who said in the debate, 'I had so much hope four years ago and I don't now,' I thought he was going to cry. Because he knows that it's not fixed." --Bill Clinton campaigning for Obama -- Or is he? ???

On Cross-Examination:
Candy Crowley displayed blatant bias Tuesday, both in the selection of questions from left field and the outrageous and inaccurate "fact-checking" of Mitt Romney mid-debate. But that was hardly surprising from a Leftmedia talkinghead who described Romney's choice of running mate Paul Ryan as "some sort of ticket death wish" because of Ryan's efforts to reform the entitlement programs of Medicare and Social Security before they bury our nation in debt.

Crowley helped Obama secure a narrow "win" on style points in CNN's post-debate poll asking, "Who won the debate?" But digging deeper in the same poll -- on questions of substance -- we discover that when asked who would better handle the economy (58-40), health care (49-46), taxes (51-44) and the deficit (59-36), Romney won handily. Of course, the only poll that matters is the one on Election Day.

--Warph

-- Warph

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk