This and That...

Started by Warph, September 04, 2012, 01:52:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warph

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/chris-matthews-nra-wants-guns-demand-youre-buying-hershey-bar

MSNBC's Chris "Tingles" Matthews said Friday that the National Rifle Association wants "guns on demand, like you're buying a Hershey bar."

"That's the way they want to do it, guns on demand, like you're buying a Hershey bar. That's it. It's a Hershey bar. I think I'd like one. I'm going to try that. You know, no background check? What are you, crazy? Okay, that's the hideous argument they make, check out the guy that's going to guard the kids, but don't check out the guy who's buying the gun to go after the kids," Matthews said referring to the NRA.

Wait a second, Tingles... Hershey bars are made of chocolate, chocolate is dark brown... dog whistle!
"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Warph

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/sen-tim-johnson-endorses-gay-marriage

Sen. Tim Johnson (D-SD), one of the last remaining Democratic holdouts to oppose same-sex marriage, announced Monday that he now supports gay nuptials... He's Evolved.

"After lengthy consideration, my views have evolved sufficiently to support marriage equality legislation," Johnson said in a statement. "This position doesn't require any religious denomination to alter any of its tenets; it simply forbids government from discrimination regarding who can marry whom."

Evolved, huh, Timmy boy...  I'll bet just about every one of these Demo-rats campaigned that they would defend traditional marriage.  Their constituents need to make them feel the pain at the ballot box next time.  The Republicans could have a field day with gay marriage flip flop ads.... oh, I forgot, we have the most spineless, go along to get along, whipped group of Republicans in history.  I wouldn't doubt they start EVOLVING at a rapid rate too.  Pathetic.  Well, only three to go... Mark Pryor (D-Ark.), Joe Manchin (D-W.Va.) and Mary Landrieu (D-La.).

--Warph

-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Warph

GOP Congressman's Gay Son Says Piers Morgan, MSNBC's Lawrence O'Donnell Cancelled Interviews When He Wouldn't Bash His Father For Not Supporting Gay Marriage

Ah yes... Journalism at its finest.

Matt R. Salmon, the gay son of Republican Rep. Matt Salmon of Arizona, said Sunday that MSNBC and CNN cancelled interviews when he informed producers he wouldn't attack his father on air. The younger Salmon said they expected him to criticize his dad, who doesn't support same-sex marriage. Salmon singled out Lawrence O'Donnell and Piers Morgan's shows as the ones who cancelled.

Rest of story at:
http://www.azcentral.com/12news/

http://www.buzzfeed.com/andrewkaczynski/republican-congressmans-gay-son-says-cnn-msnbc-cancelled-int
--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

Van Jones slams Obama's 'doozy' of mistake cutting Social Security
http://washingtonexaminer.com/van-jones-slams-obamas-doozy-of-mistake-cutting-social-security/article/2526756?custom_click=rss

President Obama's bid on Wednesday to offer a budget concession to Republicans by trimming the planned spending growth of Social Security is winning little support among progressives, with one former aide calling it a "doozy" of a mistake.

Activist and former aide Van Jones, who runs the influential anti-Tea Party group Rebuild the Dream, said, "I worked for this president. I voted for this president. But even the most beloved presidents make mistakes and missteps. This one would be a doozy."

Former Clinton Labor Secretary Robert Reich hit Obama too, claiming that the president's plan to recalculate down Social Security increases "would hurt seniors -- it's an idea not befitting a Democratic president."

Jim Dean, head of Democracy for America, is threatening to fund challenges to Democrats who back the president's move

They're not alone in challenging Obama. Other opponents include the AFL-CIO, MoveOn.org and the National Organization for Women.[/id

Gee... do you think it might be a Republican plot?
Q: How is the President's budget like a cheap ho?
A: they're two months late and nobody wants to know 'em.

--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

The World Is Upside-Down

By: David Limbaugh

What right-minded person can deny the current uncanny applicability of the admonition by the Prophet Isaiah, uttered some 2,700 years ago, "Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness"?

Increasingly today, what is undeniably evil is depicted as good and what most traditionalists, at least, used to agree is good passes often for evil.

What's striking to me is that many aren't merely rationalizing evil in an attempt to excuse their indefensible actions. They have systematically turned our entire moral code upside down. They have attacked the very basis for that code and declared that belief in its divine author itself is evil — and dangerous.

Many deny that there is an affirmative war against Christianity and Judeo-Christian values, but they apparently haven't heard or read the words of some of the New Atheists — or anti-theists, as some call themselves — who conflate all religions and blame them all for most of the evil and war in the world.

Others scoff at the notion that Christianity and Christian values are being assaulted, arguing that it's absurd to believe a majority belief system could be under attack.

Let me share just three disturbing stories that caught my attention the past few days.

During an Army Reserve Equal Opportunity training briefing on extremism, evangelical Christianity, Catholicism and Islamophobia were listed along with al-Qaida, Hamas, the Ku Klux Klan and other groups as examples of religious extremism.

An Army spokesman confirmed that this occurred but told Fox News that this was an "isolated incident not condoned by the Dept. of the Army."

Well, that's good to know, but it doesn't change the fact that we see this kind of wrongheaded insanity with ever-greater frequency in our culture. The idea that evangelical Christianity and Catholicism can be listed as extremist organizations by anyone is troubling enough — but even more so in a publication paid for by taxpayer dollars. This episode may be isolated as far as the Army is concerned, but the thought process giving rise to this twisted perspective is anything but unique, as those paying attention can attest.

Next, we turn to the Florida Statehouse, where legislators were considering a bill to require abortionists to provide medical care to an infant who survives an abortion — the same type of bill President Obama opposed as an Illinois state senator.

Townhall reports that Alisa LaPolt Snow, the lobbyist representing the Florida Association of Planned Parenthood Affiliates, testified that her organization believes the decision to kill an infant who survives a failed abortion is the prerogative of the mother and her abortion doctor. It must not escape your attention that Snow repeatedly affirmed that she was speaking not on her own behalf but on behalf of her organization.

If this doesn't repulse you, you might need a stimulant to jump-start your moral blood pressure. If you think this is isolated thinking, then you might need to do a little more research into Planned Parenthood and the overall culture of death we are witnessing in this nation.

When Snow was pressed on her position, she reportedly betrayed no moral reservations about her organization's position. Rep. Jim Boyd asked her, "If a baby is born on a table as a result of a botched abortion, what would Planned Parenthood want to have happen to that child that's struggling for life?"

She replied, "We believe that any decision that's made should be left up to the woman, her family and the physician."

Stop right there. Pro-abortionists will still argue, disingenuously, I believe, that abortion does not involve the killing of a live human being, but no one can argue the procedure in question is anything short of premeditated murder. Let me repeat: premeditated murder. Yet we have a woman, representing a major organization that is cherished by the political left and receives government funding, arguing for the right to commit murder. There are no synonyms for "shocking" and "depraved" that can adequately describe this evil.

Finally, The Washington Times has reported that Melissa Harris-Perry, a professor at Tulane, has endorsed the concept of human ownership by the state.

I don't have the space to delve into this one, but it suffices to say that it fits nicely with the first two examples as another assault on our society's foundational institutions and values.

These incidents used to be rare, fringe occurrences but have now elbowed their way into mainstream culture.

Please don't accuse me of whining, pessimism or fatalism for calling these matters to your attention. I'm not saying the culture war is over, but I am saying the forces of evil have the upper hand and will ultimately prevail if the prevailing attitude of apathy and moral indifference continues to imprison our will to fight for what is right. It's up to us.

--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

Obumanomics: The President's Priorities
Debt in 2014 will hit 78.2% of the economy.

This clown will spend until he's in the grave!

President Obama is pitching his new budget proposal as a fiscal peace offering to Republicans, but the details suggest everyone should expect more conflict. The fiscal 2014 plan he released Wednesday is a very slightly modified version of his previous budgets that reduces the deficit by raising taxes and trading defense cuts for more domestic spending.

The real news is that his budget ratifies much of the spending increase of the first term and tries to lock it in. He wants the feds to spend $3.78 trillion next year ($11,944 per American), which would still be 22.2% of national output nearly four years into an economic recovery. Before the financial panic in 2008, the government was spending about $1 trillion less, or closer to $2.7 trillion a year and an average of 20% of GDP—and President Bush was no slouch as a spender himself.

Mr. Obama wants federal spending to grow to $4.45 trillion by 2018 fueled mostly by the exploding costs of his Affordable Care Act. This spending surge appears smaller than it is only because the government will bank large reductions in military spending as the Iraq and Afghanistan wars wind down. But unlike in the 1990s, this peace dividend will be spent.

--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

Shock Poll:
63% Think No New Taxes Are Needed

Nothing shocking about that!

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/general_politics/april_2013/63_think_no_new_taxes_are_needed

Voters make it quite clear that there's no need for the federal government to raise taxes. They'd prefer more tax cuts instead but are much more closely divided on that question.

The latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey shows that just 28% of Likely U.S. Voters think additional tax hikes are needed to fund the federal government. More than twice as many (63%) disagree and feel more taxes are not necessary.

--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

North Korea: Nuclear War 'Unavoidable' – First Target Is Tokyo

Japan's Ground Self-Defense Force soldiers prepare its missile interceptor

In a commentary carried by the Korean Central News Agency (KCNA), the communist country lashed out at Tokyo's standing orders to destroy any missile heading toward Japan, threatening such actions will result in a nuclear attack against the island nation.

If Japan executes its threat to shoot down any North Korean missile, such a "provocative" intervention would see Tokyo — an enormous conurbation of 30 million people — "consumed in nuclear flames", KCNA warned.

"Japan is always in the cross-hairs of our revolutionary army and if Japan makes a slightest move, the spark of war will touch Japan first," the report added.

More at: http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/391376/North-Korea-states-nuclear-war-is-unavoidable-as-it-declares-first-target-will-be-Japan

--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

ACLU Exposes IRS Shocker:
We Have Been Reading Your Emails And Text Messages Without Warrants Since Obuma Took Office

Started in 2009 which is right when a certain CLOWN took office...

IRS: We can read emails without warrant
The Hill
By Brendan Sasso

The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) has claimed that agents do not need warrants to read people's emails, text messages and other private electronic communications, according to internal agency documents.

The American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU), which obtained the documents through a Freedom of Information Act request, released the information on Wednesday.

Read more: http://thehill.com/blogs/hillicon-valley/technology/292989-irs-claims-it-can-read-emails-without-a-warrant#ixzz2QKTLeDl6

[...]

New Documents Suggest IRS Reads Emails Without a Warrant
By Nathan Freed Wessler, Staff Attorney

Everyone knows the IRS is our nation's tax collector, but it is also a law enforcement organization tasked with investigating criminal violations of the tax laws. New documents released to the ACLU under the Freedom of Information Act reveal that the IRS Criminal Tax Division has long taken the position that the IRS can read your emails without a warrant—a practice that one appeals court has said violates the Fourth Amendment (and we think most Americans would agree).

Rest of story @: http://www.aclu.org/blog/technology-and-liberty-national-security/new-documents-suggest-irs-reads-emails-without-warrant
--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

Why [Dirty] Harry Reid is ashamed of the Senate budget

By Rick Manning

– Hell must have frozen over this past weekend as the U.S. Senate broke a four year record of intransigence and failure as it unleashed a blizzard of votes that culminated with the passage of a budget document that reveals the plans and priorities of the 50 Democrats who supported it.

It was no mistake that the big reveal by Senate Democrats was that they had no plan whatsoever to ever bring the budget into balance came on Friday evening going into pre-dawn Saturday morning.  Harry Reid and crew clearly were embarrassed by their budget and hoped to avoid widespread media coverage by scheduling votes when they would receive the least amount of attention.

Ironically, Democrat Senator Bob Menendez (D-NJ) actually had the audacity to complain that it was irresponsible for the Senate to be considering major foreign policy decisions at 3 am on Saturday, referring to a budget amendment that passed putting the Senate on record as opposing the United Nations Small Arms Treaty which the Obama Administration is currently negotiating.

Menendez's complaint should have been with Majority Leader Reid who deliberately scheduled the vote-a-thon in the wee hours of the morning to keep the results cloaked from real time reporting as much as possible.

But the rationale behind Reid's Hide the Budget Act makes perfect sense.

The Senate Democrats claimed that their budget was "balanced" a grand total of 230 times as noted by Senator Jeff Sessions (R-AL) in spite of their voting for a budget that never even gets close to balance.

In spite of these rhetorical claims, every Democrat Senator with the exception of West Virginia's Joe Manchin voted against sending the budget back to Committee with instructions that it balance within ten years.  The motion to recommit by Sessions was defeated by a 46–53 margin with Frank Lautenberg (D-NJ) not voting.

The significance of this admission by 53 Democrat Senators — 50 of whom voted for final passage of the budget — that they have no intention of ever bringing the budget to balance cannot be overstated.

No matter their orchestrated protestations to the contrary, and their attempts to spin the American people by perverting the definition of balancing the budget, their votes do not lie. The budget that was passed by the Senate Democrats creates $7.3 trillion in new debt over the next ten years despite a $1.5 trillion tax increase.

It immediately increases the budget deficit and grows federal government spending by 60 percent over the next ten years.  Even more stunning, the growth of means-tested spending increases by 80 percent — i.e spending on those who are the poorest amongst us.

This last point is a bald admission that the Democrats who voted for this budget do not believe that their big government policies will work. Nor do they think their budget will grow the economy or ween people away from government dependency, but instead they project that the very dependency that sucks the self-respect from the least of these, will dramatically increase. Incredibly, the Senate Democrats actually budgeted for the failure of their policies.

To put an exclamation point on the devastating impact that the Senate Democrat vision for federal government taxing and spending would have on American's who want a job, the Heritage Foundation found that if passed into law, it would cost our nation an average of 853,000 jobs per year for the next ten years.

That's 8.5 million jobs that either won't be created or would go away entirely if the Senate Democrats' vision for America became a reality.

That's 8.5 million Americans consigned to perpetual dependency rather than developing the kind of sustainable careers that our nation's workers have traditionally been able to depend upon.

That's 8.5 million disappointments, tears and putting off a vibrant future for another day as American workers are stuck in a cycle of Democrat Senate induced dependency rather than being able to stand on their own two feet to determine their own futures based upon their ability and hard work.

That's simply unacceptable and inexcusable.  Yet, it is the consequence of a Senate Democrat vision that dramatically increases government, puts another $7 trillion onto the national debt, all the while sucking an additional $1.5 trillion in new taxes out of the economy.

Thankfully, one of the positives from the Senate budget debate is that our U.S. Senate went on the record on a number of other issues, producing mixed results.

Beyond the UN Small Arms Treaty vote, another of these was the vote of support by 56 Senators in favor of illegal immigrants having access to free taxpayer funded health care should they become legal under a future immigration reform bill.

Another vote that is good news for those who believe in free markets but bodes ill for those in the Obama Administration who hope to pass a carbon tax, as 53 Senators rejected this holy grail for the environmental left on a bi-partisan basis.

This past weekend was indeed momentous for not only the Senate Democrats being forced to actually do their jobs and lay out their budgetary vision for the country, but also for the 47 votes taken that put every Senator on record on many of the other critical issues facing our nation.

It is just too bad that Harry Reid was so ashamed of the product his Budget Committee produced that he attempted to hide their work behind a late night curtain.

Read more at NetRightDaily.com: http://netrightdaily.com/2013/03/why-harry-reid-is-ashamed-of-the-senate-budget/#ixzz2QKXezWkT
--Warph

-- Warph

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk