This and That...

Started by Warph, September 04, 2012, 01:52:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warph

Horror: The moment that hijacked United Airlines Flight 175 from Boston crashed into the
World Trade Center

Expedition 3 Commander Frank Culbertson says "it's
important for people to continue to learn the lessons" from the tragedy of September 11, and make ourselves a better nation. Culberton was aboard the International Space Station at the time of the attacks, and the only American off the planet. He captured incredible images of New York City in the minutes and hours following the event.

Nasa monitored the site of the attack: This image was taken by the Landsat 7 satellite on
September 12. Smoke can clearly be seen streaming away from Ground Zero

"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Warph

Hells bells and footie pajamas! I almost forgot that today is "Talk Like a Pirate Day"  ???, but you wouldn't expect me to fall into lockstep with the rest of the world, now, would you?  Otherwise, what is the point in being me? ...Which is not to say that there actually is a point.  So... lets make it... uh... hmmmm... "Chaster A. Arthur Day" ...yeah, that sounds good.

But..."How can I talk like Chester A. Arthur when I don't know what he sounded like?" you may be asking.  Well, who asked you to ask?  Troublemaker...

I have it on good authority that he sounded like Lincoln.  Or Larry King.  ("Roscoe Conkling, you're on the air with Chester A. Arthur and Nipsey Russell.") ...and said stuff like, "Let the Chinese stay" and "Too bad about Garfield" and "The tariff is a local question" and "Rutherford B. Hayes can eat my shorts."  Et cetera.

In fact, I may write in old Chester A's name come February, May or whenever the Presidental Election is.  Because a dead president is better than no president at all... which is what we have right now.

--Warph

-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Warph

SOME DUMB HUMOR....

The Obama campaign has rolled out a new Twitter campaign: "For all".  In it, celebrities and Obama supporters have uploaded images of themselves with their hands over their hearts, pledging to support his re-election bid. The creation of the Twitter feed appears to be in response to a video of Mitt Romney discussing his chances of winning over 47 percent of the electorate, which pays no federal income tax.

In April, the Obama campaign rolled out the campaign slogan "Forward," which was immediately ridiculed for its similarity to Communist China's "Great Leap Forward." Like the Obama team's last attempt to motivate its liberal base, the new campaign is open to plenty of criticism from the right; it's the kind of propaganda Chairman Mao might have adopted. Worse, it fits into the narrative of Obama supporters as individuals more inclined to pledge allegiance to a politician before their country.

--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

These stats and bar charts below read like something out of 1984... if the Orwell classic had mentioned religion at all.

But I can't say it comes as a great surprise.  However, as Mollie Hemingway inquires in her Twitter feed: "Have the media done a good job telling us which religion is the most persecuted in the world?"  https://twitter.com/MZHemingway/status/248807070810398721

Now I know Mollie's was a rhetorical question, but what the hey: all together now...one, two, three... NO!

Forget TBN and Harold Camping and Hal Lindsey and all the other professional doomsdayers. Here's how you'll know the end is nigh: the day MSNBC devotes five minutes to these numbers.  Hell, forget MSNBC, how about NBC, or CBS?  Maybe, maybe, if PBS has an extra few minutes to fill on the NewsHour.  And even then I bet they'd garble it up to blame the victims somehow...

But FOX might take this on, but only because it's not a real news organization... hee, hee..  :laugh:

Business Insider:

The Pew Forum released its 2012 report, Rising Tide of Restrictions on Religion, on Thursday, and ranked which religions were the most persecuted.

And despite the fact that Islamic protests have dominated the news, it's Christians that have been persecuted in the most countries between 2006 and 2010.

Here's how many countries people were harassed in a specific year:

Here's how the harassment breaks down in terms of government harassment and social harassment:

Of course, the data doesn't take into account how severe the harrassment was, or how widespread it was within the countries recorded, but it's certainly surprising.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/most-persecuted-religions-in-the-world-2012-9#ixzz272YVOMrO
--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

$50,000 In Checks Stolen From Obama Campaign National Headquarters

This could get amusing...

CHICAGO (FOX Chicago News) -While President Barack Obama campaigns for re-election, workers at his national campaign headquarters in Chicago have a mystery on their hands. FOX Chicago News has learned staffers called Chicago Police Wednesday morning to report the theft of approximately $50,000 in checks intended to pay for campaign expenses.

Two squad cars were seen parked outside the Prudential Plaza building Wednesday where Obama for America headquarters is located. Officers responded to the call at 10:46 a.m., and were seen exiting the building carrying brown manilla envelopes.

Three checks being mailed to vendors as payment for campaign services were apparently pilfered before they even made it past the building's front door. Sources tell FOX Chicago that two of the checks were for over $20,000 apiece.

At least one of the checks had already been deposited into a downtown bank account.

Midwest Press Secretary Ben Finkenbinder confirmed Chicago police are investigating a call about missing money. "Three checks we sent to vendors made it into the wrong hands, and after learning of this we notified police," Finkenbinder said in a statement. "We're pleased that they're dealing with the issue swiftly, and we don't expect this to have any impact upon the campaign."

Security inside the Prudential Plaza complex is extremely tight. Anyone headed upstairs to Obama's campaign headquarters must be credentialed to get past the lobby.

Hundreds of campaign staffers work inside the Obama for America office. Sources say there is no evidence that the office was broken into, but the theft is not believed to be an "inside job."

The investigation has been assigned to Area Central detectives. The case was initially classified as "theft by deception," which potentially includes crimes like embezzlement, forgery or counterfeiting.

A Chicago Police spokesman would only say they are involved in an "ongoing investigation" and that nobody is in custody.

--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

Rush Limbaugh: Is Obama setting off the violent protests
around the Middle East?

Hmmm... Anything is possible with Barack Insane-Hussein Obama!
--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

Breitbart News: 
Breitbart News is doubling its reward–to $100,000–for one of the missing pieces of Barack Obama's past, which may be the key to understanding his collapsing Middle East policy: the "Khalidi tape," a video kept under wraps by the Los Angeles Times since April 2008.

The Khalidi tape shows Obama at a 2003 farewell party for radical Palestinian academic and activist Rashid Khalidi, and reportedly features vitriolic anti-Israel rhetoric.

Reporter Peter Wallsten... now with the Wall Street Journal.... revealed the existence of the tape in an article on Obama's pro-Palestinian background. Obama's participation in the Khalidi event, Wallsten wrote, had led Palestinian-Americans to believe "that Obama is more receptive to their viewpoint than he is willing to say."

The article was not aimed at vetting Obama's past; rather, the tape was likely shared with the Times as a means of pressuring Obama by reminding him of his past commitment to the Palestinian cause as he courted pro-Israel voters and donors.

Accordingly, Wallsten seems to have revealed only enough of what was on the video to achieve that aim. While noting that some speakers accused the Israeli government of terrorism and likened Jewish settlers to Osama bin Laden, Wallsten added that Obama "adopted a different tone...and called for finding common ground."

Wallsten refused to release the Khalidi tape itself, or a transcript thereof, for readers to examine and judge for themselves.

Read at:  http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Peace/2012/09/20/Reward-100000-for-Khalidi-Tape
--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

Traitor Obuma eyes 'blind sheik' release

The Obama administration is weighing the release of blind Sheik Omar Abdel-Rahman — the spiritual adviser to the 1993 World Trade Center bombers — in a stunning goodwill gesture toward Egypt that has touched off a political firestorm, officials said yesterday.

Read more:
http://www.nypost.com/p/news/international/eyes_blind_sheik_release_0MFMrnamOFxtIJKJLpTQNL#ixzz278ulI3N4
--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

So, according to "national security officials," who could be anybody, including the guy who stands watch over the bins outside the Dollar Store, Iran is waging cyberwar against Bank of America and JPMorgan Chase.

National security officials told NBC News that the continuing cyber attacks this week that slowed the websites of JPMorgan Chase and Bank of America are being carried out by the government of Iran. One of those sources said the claim by hackers that the attacks were prompted by the online video mocking the Prophet Muhammad is just a cover story.
Story at:   http://openchannel.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/09/20/13990206-officials-see-iran-not-outrage-over-film-behind-cyber-attacks-on-us-banks

I love that they're showing an interest.  Obviously means they care.... would be nice tho', if they now added some "effort" to their "interest" before I lose the very special .00001% interest I'm earning on my savings.  And by effort I don't mean a strongly worded e-mail to the editor of the Iranian Time's "Your Turn" column.

...Warph
--Warph

-- Warph

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk