This and That...

Started by Warph, September 04, 2012, 01:52:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warph

Today is Victory in Europe Day, the 70th Anniversary of the Victory Over Nazism

VIDEOS:

D-Day June 6, 1944: https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=29&v=OwIcH6bJeCw

Surviving D-Day Omaha Beach 1944 - Full Documentary: https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=29&v=_9dCkHg0fqw

"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Warph

News of the Future, Part Deux

--Warph

-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Warph

Emptying My Brain Pan

In the old days, I recall my mother would occasionally have to empty the little pan under the ice box into which water would collect. With so many items winding up in my in-box, every so often I have to do a little emptying myself.

To begin with, I thought Charles Krauthammers's comment regarding the peddling of influence by the Clintons was well worth sharing: "If there isn't a shred of evidence that they accepted bribes in exchange for favors, it's because they shredded the evidence."

♦ The more I see of Bill and Hillary doing everything imaginable in pursuit of a few extra dollars, the more I find myself thinking of them as the Kardashians on steroids. As for Hillary's presidential aspirations, I think that the only people who would like to see her elected more than Bill and Chelsea are America's editorial cartoonists. With her snarky smile and her multitude of pantsuits, she is easily drawn, although some of us would prefer to see her drawn-and-quartered.

♦ Being a liberal can't be easy. First, you had to be embarrassed by all those University of Maryland college students trying and failing to identify a photo of Ronald Reagan. Then you got to watch Diane Sawyer trying to process Bruce Jenner's admission that he/she is a Christian conservative. I suspect that immediately after the interview, Ms. Sawyer took to her chaise lounge with a severe case of the vapors.

♦ Much has been made of the fact that Hollywood bubblehead Ben Affleck pulled strings to make sure nobody ever found out that one of his ancestors was a slave owner. If, God forbid, he had discovered that another had been a Republican, Ms. Sawyer would have had to shove over and make room for him.

♦ Not to be outdone in the loony sweepstakes, Gov. Andrew Cuomo, on his return from vacationing in Cuba, said he admired the Castros' handling of the media. When you're the governor of New York, it's not enough to want to see the Second Amendment abolished; you also have to express contempt for the First.

♦ Before Ferguson, MO, made anti-cop riots so popular in urban black communities, what did these louts do for amusement?

As we all noticed, in Baltimore, as in Ferguson, the thugs are given free rein to loot, burn and destroy, for at least 24 hours, even when the National Guard is standing by. We know that, under Obama, members of the military will never be called upon to fire a weapon in anger. Thanks to the wimps running our cities and states, apparently the same holds true for National Guardsmen. Our new national motto might as well be "No Matter What, No Boots on the Ground."

In spite of over 300 arrests in Baltimore, anyone who thinks the thugs will serve any real time for burning down neighborhood stores, thus destroying the dreams and lives of the small business owners in the community, must be puffing the magic dragon. In today's world, villainy isn't punished, it's more often rewarded. Those thugs won't even lose their welfare checks.

♦ During the riots, we kept hearing that the Crips and the Bloods had put their turf differences aside and agreed to a truce so that they could concentrate their efforts on putting cops in the hospital or the cemetery. My question is: how is it that those criminal enterprises are still in business?

After all, it was 45 years ago that the RICO (Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations) Act was passed. Over the decades, it has been used against organized crime to put any number of Mafia kingpins behind bars because it allows prosecutors to go after the guys who actually give the orders, not just the goombahs who carry them out.

But when do we ever hear that the government has gone after black and Hispanic gangs? Apparently, if you want to cause mischief and get away with it, the best way to go about it these days is to join a street gang, sneak across our border or convert to Islam.

♦ Furthermore, when I hear Obama or Mrs. Clinton explain away the Baltimore riots, I know that I am going to hear a call for more tax dollars to be tossed into the black community. When you consider how many trillions of our dollars have already been squandered on programs to assist people who show, by their contempt for education and their soaring rate of illegitimate births, that they have no real desire to break the shackles placed on them by Democrats, the notion of wasting even a single additional dollar makes me queasy.

♦ A great many people, I among them, was delighted to see the black woman whacking her teenage son upside his head when she spotted him huddling with the Baltimore troublemakers. But before anyone elects Toya Graham "Mother of the Year," we need to know if she's single as a result of divorce or widowhood. Otherwise, she's just another unmarried woman with six kids at home, which would mean she is part of the problem, not the solution.

Still, she is far more deserving of our respect than all the other adults, including Baltimore's mayor and city council members, who essentially stood by and made excuses for the young hooligans.

♦ But it does serve to remind me of all the people in America, mainly strangers, who do so much to make our lives slightly more bearable, in spite of the best efforts by politicians to make them far worse.

Those unsung heroes I have in mind are the fathers and mothers who do their best, in spite of impossible odds, to raise decent children; telephone employees who keep lines of communication open during natural disasters; the people who brave the elements to clear the roads while the snow and ice are still coming down; the life-savers who never seem more than a few minutes away when someone has a heart attack, finds himself involved in a highway collision or trapped in a burning building; and even plumbers, however much they charge, who manage to show up on Thanksgiving or Christmas, like Mighty Mouse, ready to save the day.

So if you happen to be any of these people, I know I speak for everyone else when I say: "Take a bow. You've earned it."

....BURT
--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

The 100 Most Popular Conservative Websites Of 2015

1) Fox News: 212
2) Wall Street Journal: 294
3) Independent Journal Review 341
4) The Drudge Report: 635
5) Western Journalism: 819
6) New York Post: 870
7) The Blaze: 1045
8 ) Breitbart: 1,533
9) WorldNetDaily: 2,500
10) Conservative Tribune: 2,555
11) Newsmax: 2,622
12) Young Conservatives: 2972
13) Infowars: 3,133
14) Top Right News: 3,203
15) The Washington Times: 3,241
16) The Daily Caller: 3,328
17) National Review: 4,379
18) Rare: 5,159
19) Real Clear Politics: 5,617
20) PJ Media/Instapundit: 5,799
21) TownHall: 6,643
22) Investor's Business Daily: 6,930
23) Hot Air: 7,136
24) The Washington Examiner: 7,372
25) Reason: 7,882
26) The Washington Free Beacon: 8,176
27) Qpolitical: 8,564
28) Twitchy: 8,783
29) The Weekly Standard: 9,124
30) Cybercast News Service: 9,154
31) Free Republic: 10,125
32) Right Wing News: 10,545
33) Chicks On The Right: 11,575
34) Newsbusters: 12,674
35) Mad World News: 13,110
36) The American Thinker: 13,279
37) The Gateway Pundit: 14,301
38) The Tea Party News Network: 14,928
39) Glenn Beck: 15,422
40) Freedom Outpost: 15,869
41) The Heritage Foundation: 15,991
42) Lifesitenews: 16,045
43) Buzzpo: 17,949
44) The Federalist: 17,512
45) The Federalist Papers: 17,759
46) Shoebat: 17,976
47) Power Line: 18,615
48) The Rush Limbaugh Show: 19,421
49) Lew Rockwell: 20,179
50) Watts Up With That? 21,357
51) Bizpac Review: 21,506
52) Redstate: 22,625
53) Life News: 22,747
54) Clash Daily: 23,254
55) Truth Revolt: 23,564
56) Lucianne: 23,856
57) Ace of Spades HQ/My Pet Jawa/Rhymes With Right: 24,253
58) Viral Buzz: 24,918
59) The Right Scoop:  27,873
60) Pamela Geller: 28,467
61) Front Page Magazine: 30,367
62) Universal Free Press: 31,314
63) Tell Me Now: 31,221
64) Weasel Zippers:  32,545
65) Louder With Crowder: 30,631
66) Jihad Watch: 33,200
67) Mr. Conservative 33,894
68) American Conservative: 33,952
69) RedFlagNews: 35,048
70) The Ludwig von Mises Institute: 35,700
71) Freedom Outpost: 36,794
72) The Cato Journal: 37,900
73) Taki's Magazine: 40,558
74) Joe For America: 44,530
75) Legal Insurrection: 45,079
76) Steyn Online: 46,174
77) The American Spectator: 49,116
78) American Enterprise Institute: 49,548
79) Personal Liberty Digest:  49,747
80) Allen West: 49,872
81) Commentary: 49,515
82) Bad Blue: 49,522
83) Three Percenter Nation: 50,012
84) The New American:  54,502
85) Judicial Watch: 59,172
86) Washington Weekly News: 62,691
87) Althouse: 66,030
88) Daily Paul: 66,851
89) Bill O'Reilly: 67,480
90) GOP.com: 67,749
91) Canada Free Press: 68,023
92) Human Events Online: 68,967
93) Jewish World Review: 76,215
94) GOPUSA: 71,293
95) Ricochet: 71,358
96) Day by Day: 73,755
97) Numbers USA: 76,280
98) Vox Day: 76,816
99) X Tribune: 76,417
100) City Journal: 84,176
--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

Two centuries ago, a somewhat obscure Scotsman named Tytler* made this profound observation: "A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the majority discovers it can vote itself largess out of the public treasury. After that, the majority always votes for the candidate promising the most benefits with the result the democracy collapses because of the loose fiscal policy ensuing, always to be followed by a dictatorship, then a monarchy".

The average age of the world's greatest civilizations from the
Beginning of history, has been about 200 years. During those 200
Years, these nations always progressed through the following sequence:
•From bondage to spiritual faith;
•From spiritual faith to great courage;
•From courage to liberty;
•From liberty to abundance;
•From abundance to complacency;
•From complacency to apathy;
•From apathy to dependence;
•From dependence back into bondage.

The Obituary follows:
"United States of America",  Born 1776, Died 2016
It doesn't hurt to read this several times.

Professor Joseph Olson of Hamline University School of Law in St. Paul, Minnesota, points out some interesting facts concerning The last Presidential election:
•Number of States won by:   Obama: 19   Romney: 29
•Square miles of land won by:    Obama: 580,000      Romney: 2,427,000
•Population of counties won by: Obama: 127 million  Romney: 143 million
•Murder rate per 100,000 residents in counties won by:                               Obama: 13.2             Romney: 2.1
Professor Olson adds: "In aggregate, the map of the territory Romney won was mostly the land owned by the taxpaying citizens of the country.
Obama territory mostly encompassed those citizens living in low income tenements and living off various forms of government welfare..."

Olson believes the United States is now somewhere between the "complacency and apathy" phase of Professor Tyler's definition of Democracy, with some forty percent of the nation's population Already having reached the "governmental dependency" phase..

If Congress grants amnesty and citizenship to twenty million criminal invaders called illegal's - and they vote - then we can say Goodbye to the USA in fewer than five years .

*Tytler -There's some debate about whose profound observation this was, but for our purpose all that matters is that it still swims.

--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

How Baltimore Proves That the Screeches of "Racism" Will Never End

--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

Marine's Vet's Beloved American Flag Vandalized by *Niger's

Via Fox Insider:

http://insider.foxnews.com/2015/05/09/marine-vets-beloved-american-flag-drawn-vandals

The war on the American flag continues.

Retired Marine Marvin Hernandez Garcia mounted an American flag in front of his house, the same flag that he carried with him on duty across five continents.

One morning last week, the vet woke up to find his car smashed with the flag pole and the flag desecrated with a marker.

"The message that I would like to say is America is still the greatest country in the world," Hernandez Garcia said on "Fox and Friends Weekend." "It's not something that we are just brainwashed with. We are still the greatest country. We got problems. Everybody does."

"The flag represents freedom. When you step on the flag, you really are stepping on those veterans that have really fought for you. And everybody else, including your own parents, grandparents and great-grandparents and so forth," Hernandez Garcia said.

*Niger, latin word for Black.
--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

4 Blacks Arrested in murders of 2 Mississippi police officers during traffic stop

Mississippi's governor says his state is in "mourning" Sunday after the shooting deaths of two police officers Saturday night during a traffic stop in Hattiesburg.

Officer Benjamin Deen, 34, had stopped a 2000 Gold Cadillac Escalade in an industrial part of the city at around 8:30 p.m. local time Saturday, said Warren Strain, a spokesman for the Mississippi Department of Public Safety. Officer Liquori Tate, 25, arrived afterward to assist him, shots were fired, and both officers were wounded.

Strain said both officers died of their injuries at a hospital. The officers' deaths are reportedly the first for the Hattiesburg police force in 30 years.

"This should remind us to thank all law enforcement for their unwavering service to protect and serve.  May God keep them all in the hollow of his hand," Mississippi Gov. Phil Bryant said.

Warren Strain, a spokesman for the Mississippi Department of Public Safety, said Marvin Banks, 29, and Joanie Calloway, 22, were each charged with two counts of capital murder. Banks was also charged with one count of being a felon in possession of a firearm and with grand theft for fleeing in the police cruiser after the shooting, Strain said.

"He absconded with a Hattiesburg police cruiser. He didn't get very far, three or four blocks and then he ditched that vehicle," Strain said.

Banks' 26-year-old brother, Curtis Banks, was charged with two counts of accessory after the fact of capital murder.

A fourth suspect, Cornelius Clark, 28, was charged with obstruction of justice.

Strain said officers arrested the three Hattiesburg residents at different locations overnight without resistance.

The Hattiesburg American reports that Curtis Banks was brought to the Mississippi Highway Patrol Troop J headquarters Sunday at around 3 a.m. local time. His brother Marvin Banks was arrested about two hours earlier.
http://www.hattiesburgamerican.com/story/news/crime/2015/05/10/suspects-fatal-hpd-shooting-identified/27077937/

The Jackson Clarion-Ledger reported that as reporters were asking Curtis Banks if he had shot two of the Hattiesburg patrolmen, he blurted out "no sir, I didn't do it."
http://www.clarionledger.com/story/news/2015/05/09/two-hattiesburg-police-officers-killed/27072893/

"All I know right now is that there was a traffic stop and someone started shooting at them and both of the officers were struck," Lt. Jon Traxler, a police department spokesman, said Saturday night. He said he didn't know how many shots were fired, or exactly by whom, adding that was now part of the investigation.

Traxler said the state's chief law enforcement agency, the Mississippi Bureau of Investigation, had taken up the probe of the shooting. 

Local reports identified Deen as a past department "Officer of the Year," and Tate was a newcomer to the force who Strain said was a 2014 graduate of the law enforcement academy.

The last Hattiesburg police officer killed in the line of duty was Sgt. Jackie Dole Sherrill, who died on New Year's Eve in 1984, according to police department records. Sherrill, 33, was gunned down as she attempted to serve a warrant on a suspect.

The pain of the deaths hit particularly close to home for Erica Sherrill Owens, the daughter of Sherrill.

When she heard the news of the two officers, Sherrill Owens said, her first thought was that she hoped it was someone she didn't know.

"I know that sounds so selfish because you don't want to hear of any police officer losing their lives. Then when I heard one of the names, my heart just sank because I went to high school with him."

She was referring to Deen, who had graduated from Sumrall High School in 1998, one year ahead of Sherrill Owens.

"We were great friends in high school. He married his high school sweetheart and he's got two kids and a great family," she said.  "It's just heartbreaking."

Tony Mozingo, a local judge, left red roses near the scene of the shooting.

"We all just are heartbroken because we know and work with these officers every day," said Mozingo, who was accompanied by his wife and two daughters. Deen was a "consummate law enforcement professional."

Hattiesburg Mayor Johnny DuPree told the Clarion-Ledger he lamented the deaths.

"The men and women who go out every day to protect us, the men and woman who go out every day to make sure that we're safe, they were turned on (Saturday) night," DuPree said outside Forrest General Hospital in Hattiesburg, where the officers were taken. 

DuPree said Sunday that both officers' lives aren't to be mourned, but celebrated, WDAM reports. Community events in honor of both men are being organized.

DuPree praised law enforcement and residents for coming together to find the suspects.

"We were able to catch these individuals and keep our promise to the officers' families with the public's help," he said.

Hattiesburg resident Tamika Mills was quoted by The Clarion-Ledger as saying some bystanders came upon the officers on the ground, and that one of the officers asked "... `Am I dying? I know I'm dying. Just hand me my walkie-talkie,"' Mills told the paper.

She added, according to the account, that seeing the officers down was "shocking and heartbreaking."

--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

And verily as he walked among the little people at the Catholic-Evangelical Leadership Summit at Georgetown, Obuma spoke unto them saying it is cynical to believe there will always be poverty.

ObuttHead: "You-Y'know. One of the things I'm always concerned about is ... is ... is cynicism. My chief of staff, Denis McDonough, we take walks around the South Lawn ... uh ... usually when the weather is good. Um ... Aaaaand a lot of it is policy talk, sometimes it's just talk about values. And ... uh ... one of our favorite sayings is ... uh ... our job is to guard against cynicism ... eh ... particularly in this town. Aaaaand I think it's important when it comes to dealing with issues for us to guard against cynicism and ... and ... not ... uh ... buy the idea that the poor will always be with us and there's nothing we can do, because there's a lot we can do. The question is, do we have the political will ... uh ... the ... the communal will to do something about it."

Huh...?  I guess Jesus is a cynic.

While Jesus was in Bethany in the home of Simon the Leper, a woman came to him with an alabaster jar of very expensive perfume, which she poured on his head as he was reclining at the table. When the disciples saw this, they were indignant. "Why this waste?" they asked. "This perfume could have been sold at a high price and the money given to the poor." Aware of this, Jesus said to them, "Why are you bothering this woman? She has done a beautiful thing to me. The poor you will always have with you, but you will not always have me. [Matthew 26:6-11]

Funny, you'd think Barack Insane Obuma, super Christian that he is, would have known that.
Then again, Obuma has more faith in Government than he has in God.

This is the problem with Liberalism.  They really truly do believe in Utopia.  They really do believe that they can rid the world of poverty and disease if only we have the political will, the... uh... communal will to hand over more of our money and all of our freedom to government.

Call me a cynic, but that's nothing but a load of horse sh!t.

--Warph

-- Warph

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk