This and That...

Started by Warph, September 04, 2012, 01:52:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warph

"No White House tours for you... but Obama's expensive vacations & golfing excursions,
plus First Dog Bo's motorcade, are left intact and funded"

Krauthammer on Obama's Approval Drop & Media Not Covering for Him: POTUS Exploiting the Sequester, His Exaggerations, Cynicism, & Petty Actions of Shutting Down White House Tours

By Vicki McClure Davidson on March 15, 2013

Political analyst Charles Krauthammer made the following spot-on observations while on FNC last Friday about Pres. Barack Obama and his drop in approval numbers and his pettiness in cancelling the White House tours (although, Team Obama is [is lying] blaming the Secret Service and not the president for the cancellation).

"Obama's strongest constituency, which is not the Left, it's the mainstream media, could no longer cover for him without being entirely embarrassed. It had to expose the one exaggeration after another on the sequester, the stuff about the janitors being laid off and all that, which wasn't so, and secondly, the obvious cynicism of White House tours, trying to inflict the maximum pain in order to make a case and to blame Republicans."

More on the deliberately cancelled White House tours and Team Obama's struggles with telling the truth and White House Press Sec. Jay Carney's "gymnastics" justifying the president's decision — this analysis from Krauthammer aired earlier this week:

Krauthammer's Take: WH Explanation About Tours Indicative of 'Arm's Length Relationship with Truth'
"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Warph

Rand Paul Rocks the House at CPAC

Yesterday, Sen. Rand Paul of Kentucky spoke boldly and didn't mince words at the 2013 Conservative Political Action Conference hosted by the American Conservative Union.

The CPAC crowd went wild as Rand spoke about his now-famous 12-plus-hour filibuster, drones, Barack Obama, the sequester, bail-outs, the cancellation of the White House tours, wasted government money, government fraud and corruption, the right to bear arms, liberty, the Constitution, and the need for the Republican party to change by reviving liberty and shrinking government. Rand discussed his five-year budget plan and eliminating the federal Department of Education, putting education money and the education agenda back to the states.

One take-away line: "Not one penny more to countries that are burning our flag."

Partial transcript of Sen. Rand's speech:

The GOP of old has grown stale and moss-covered. I don't think we need to name any names, do we? Our party is encumbered by an inconsistent approach to freedom. The new GOP will need to embrace liberty in both the economic and the personal sphere.

If we're going to have a Republican party that can win, liberty needs to be the backbone of the GOP. We must have a message that is broad, our vision must be broad, and that vision must be based on freedom.

There are millions of Americans, young and old, native and immigrant, black, white and brown, who simply seek to live free, to practice a religion, free to choose where their kids go to school, free to choose their own health care, free to keep the fruits of their labor, free to live without government constantly being on their back.

I will stand for them. I will stand for you. I will stand for our prosperity and our freedom, and I ask everyone who values liberty to stand with me. Thank you. God bless America.

For full speech:
Rand Paul's CPAC 2013 Speech - 3/14/2013
--Warph

-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Warph

It's reported that 180 economists disagree with Obama and other liberals' assessment of our economic condition — we DO have a spending problem, even if Obama insists repeatedly we don't. And it's serious. The new Senate budget makes it worse.
http://www.speaker.gov/general/new-boehner-website-highlights-180-economists-who-say-spending-problem-seeks-input-american

The federal government can no longer kick that can down the road.

SPENDING IS THE PROBLEM: Chart showing historic/projected spending &
revenue as a percentage of GDP | Source: QMB/CBO/HBC

Obuma's Spending Problem:
http://edition.cnn.com/2013/01/10/opinion/bennett-obama-debt-celing
--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

Remember Melowese Richardson?  I wrote about this idiotic woman last month and her admission in a news interview that she had voted SIX TIMES for Barack Obama in Ohio in the 2012 election.  And she was proud of it.

Ohio Dem Poll Worker Melowese Richardson Indicted for Voting Six Times for Obama, Sister Marguerite Kloos Also Faces Illegal Voting Charge

"Ohio Democrat voter and poll worker Melowese Richardson, who was investigated for voting 6 times
for Obama, has been indicted – others being investigated for multiple voting"

The voter fraud that Democrat leaders like DOJ head Eric Holder claim doesn't exist just keeps proving them wrong.

Democrat poll worker Richardson was indicted earlier this week. And not just for her 2012 illegal voting, but for her voter fraud in the 2008 and 2011 elections as well. A nun, Sister Marguerite Kloos, has also been charged with illegal voting and faces up to 18 months in prison. She has quit her job as dean of the Division of Arts and Humanities at Cincinnati's College of Mount St. Joseph's.

Reported by Fox News (because you'll never hear about this from Rachel Maddow or Chris Matthews or Rev. Al Sharpton at leftist MSNBC) — Cincinnati poll worker charged with voting half dozen times in November:

She admitted voting twice in the presidential election last November, and now, Obama supporter Melowese Richardson has been indicted for allegedly voting at least six times. She also is charged with illegal voting in 2008 and 2011.

The 58-year-old veteran Cincinnati poll worker, indicted Monday, faces eight counts of voter fraud. Two others, one of whom is a nun, have been charged separately.

Richardson had admitted on camera to a local TV station, "Yes, I voted twice," claiming she was concerned that her vote would not count. She also said there "was no intent on my part to commit any voter fraud."

"I'll fight it for Mr. Obama and Mr. Obama's right to sit as president of the United States," she proclaimed in the interview.

Officials charged that she voted in her own name by absentee ballot and also in person at the polls, but Hamilton County Prosecuting Attorney Joseph Deters said she also is charged with voting in the name of five other people in various elections.

"This is not North Korea," Deters said in a statement announcing the indictments. "Elections are a serious business and the foundation of our democracy. In the scheme of things, individual votes may not seem important, but this could not be further from the truth. Every vote is important and every voter and candidate needs to have faith in our system. The charges today should let people know that we take this seriously."

[...]

Sister Marguerite Kloos also faces one count of illegal voting, for allegedly submitting an absentee ballot in the name of a fellow nun, Sister Rose Marie Hewitt, who had died before absentee ballots were sent out. She is accused of opening Sister Hewitt's ballot, forging her signature and mailing it to the Board of Elections as a vote.

The 54-year-old Kloos has resigned as the dean of the Division of Arts and Humanities at the College of Mount St. Joseph in Cincinnati, where she still serves as an associate professor of religious and pastoral studies.

And this is one of the very reasons why Democrats are fighting so zealously to prevent voter identification being required at the polls.

Melowese Richardson and Sister Marguerite Kloos got caught and more than a dozen others in Ohio are under investigation for multiple voting. It's impossible to accurately determine how many other Democrat voters across the nation, especially in those states that don't require any identification, have voted illegally and have not been caught.

Richardson faces up to 12 years in prison if convicted.
--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

VOTER FRAUD

Last summer, it was reported that Democrat voter registration forms were mailed out in a number of states, including Washington state, New Mexico, and Virginia to family pets, children, dead people, and others not eligible to vote. Son of Democrat Rep. Jim Moran, Patrick Moran, who was also a field director for his father's campaign, was exposed in a vote fraud video in October 2012. In September 2012, it was reported that at least 9,000 dead voters were registered to vote in Dallas County, Texas, but because of federal law, couldn't be removed from the voting roster until after the election. Days after the presidential election, vote counts in key states such as Pennsylvania, Ohio, Virginia, Colorado, and Florida, voting turnout in some counties was from 104 percent to 140 percent of registered voters. Voter fraud has also been uncovered in Florida and New York with absentee votes. Conservative journalist and videographer James O'Keefe taped and exposed Houston DNC's Organizing for America's Regional Field Director Stephanie Caballero helping Democrat voters with double voting for Obama with absentee ballots. New York Democrat officials and political operatives pleaded guilty in December 2011 to voter fraud-related felony charges — they had tried to steal a New York election.

The list goes on and on — and while there is voting fraud and cheating on both sides of the political fence, the numbers for Democrat fraud appear to be far, far higher than for Republicans. We need to stop the dam from breaking, we must fight to preserve the integrity of our votes. Regardless of which political party, which voters, which ineligible voters are doing the cheating.

MSNBC, if it's not too much to ask, stop covering for Democrat liars and cheats and start doing your job reporting the truth.
However, if Melowese Richardson had been a Republican who had voted six times for Mitt Romney...well, you know we'd hear all about that.

--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

Far-left-loon Pelosi: Obuma Has Never Done Anything For "Political Reason"

Yeah... And unicorns roam NYC drinking big gulps and braying at Nanny Bloomberg.

--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

Sen. Graham: Benghazi Survivors Told By
Administration "To Be Quiet"

Six months later and we don't even know the names?
Cover up by this administration and the media, with the
exception of a few, doesn't even bother to ask.  
The lies continue.... and probably will never stop.

From Fox:
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/03/15/sen-graham-claims-benghazi-survivors-told-to-be-quiet-by-administration/?intcmp=trending

Republican Sen. Lindsey Graham, in an interview with Fox News, alleged that the injured survivors of the Benghazi terror attack have been "told to be quiet" and feel they can't come forward to tell their stories — escalating his push for more information about survivors who have never been publicly identified.

The White House is denying any attempt to exert pressure on them.

"I'm sure that the White House is not preventing anyone from speaking," White House Press Secretary Jay Carney said, when asked about the survivors.

But Graham told Fox News, "the bottom line is they feel that they can't come forth, they've been told to be quiet."

"We cannot let this administration or any other administration get away with hiding from the American people and Congress, people who were there in real time to tell the story," Graham said.

Graham continued to voice concern about the inaccurate or incomplete accounts that came from the Obama administration in the days following the attack. He is among a handful of Republican lawmakers pressing for access to and more information about the survivors.

[...]

[UPDATE]

Three Diplomatic Security Agents, State Dept Contractor Among The Injured In Benghazi Attack; Obama Administration Still Stonewalling On Information About Survivors

The information on survivors apparently still hasn't been provided to Congress.  It is incredible that over six months later, the administration is still stonewalling basic facts in this matter, despite repeated requests from Congressional representatives.  Reports are now that Sen. Lindsey Graham has managed to talk with these injured men and Fox will broadcast that this evening.

From Fox News:
Three diplomatic security agents, as well as a State Department contractor, were among the Americans injured during the terrorist attack last September on the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi, Fox News has learned.

According to a State Department official, who confirmed Fox's reporting on the condition of anonymity, two diplomatic security agents were injured, including one "seriously," at the CIA facility known as the "annex" and a third suffered smoke inhalation at the consulate where Ambassador Chris Stevens was killed.

Four Americans, including the U.S. ambassador, were killed in the attack, and the Obama administration faced intense criticism from Republicans in the aftermath over security problems and apparent inconsistencies in officials explanation of what happens. Lately, however, the focus has turned to the attack's survivors, who still have not been named.

Separately, a diplomatic security source told Fox News the State Department diplomatic security agent who was in the most serious condition suffered a severe head injury during the second wave of the attack at the annex from mortar and rocket-propelled grenades

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/03/15/3-benghazi-survivors-in-diplomatic-security-sources-say-as-gop-demands-access/
--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

Palestinian Jihadist From Hamas' Izz Ad-Din Al-Qassam
Brigades Killed Fighting Alongside Al Nusra Front In Syria...

Better there than Israel.

A Palestinian jihadist military trainer and commander who was a member of the Tawhid and Jihad Group in Jerusalem and who previously served with Hamas was killed in Syria while fighting for the Al Nusrah Front for the People of the Levant, al Qaeda's affiliate in the country.

The Ibn Taymiyyah Media Center, "the official source for releases from the Mujahideen Shura Council (MSC) in the Environs of Jerusalem," according to the SITE Intelligence Group, released a video to jihadist forums on March 12 about Muhammad Ahmed Qanitah.

Qanitah, who is also known as Abu Abdul Rahman, was killed in a rocket attack in December while fighting for the Al Nusrah Front during the siege of the airport in Aleppo, according to the videotape.

The biography in the video stated that Qanitah "grew up with a religious family and was raised to hate the 'Jewish enemy,'" according to a summary of the video by the SITE Intelligence Group. "He learned martial arts and threw stones at the enemies and was injured when he was 12 years old."

The narrator of the video said Qanitah joined Hamas' Izz ad-Din al-Qassam Brigades of Hamas in 2003. "He came to know its leaders and worked with them and trained its fighters, and he participated in many jihadi actions and attacks against the settlements." He fought against the Israeli military during Operation Cast Lead in Gaza in 2009, "and he continued participating in al-Qassam Brigades and the 'cleansing' of Gaza to live under Shariah-based governance," the SITE summary said.

http://www.longwarjournal.org/archives/2013/03/palestinian_jihadist.php
--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

Poll: 35% Of American Voters Have A "Very Unfavorable" View Of Biden,
Only 22% Hold "Very Favorable" Opinion...

Who the hell has a favorable view of this clown... no, wait, I already know the answer.... Wonkette

Wonkette: Hey, You Know Who Dampens Our Panties?  Joe Biden...
http://wonkette.com/502915/here-is-old-handsome-joe-biden-to-dampen-your-panties#more-502915

Via Rasmussen:
Some things don't seem to change. Unlike President Obama's approval ratings which jumped after his reelection, Vice President Joe Biden's favorables remain largely the same as they've been for the last four years.

A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds that 46% of Likely U.S. Voters have a somewhat favorable opinion of Biden, while 48% regard him unfavorably. That includes 22% with a Very Favorable view of the vice president and 35% with a Very Unfavorable one.

--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

Pic Of The Day...

She better not let the anti-gun fanatics see her making that hand gesture.

And what the hell is Mooch doing?

President Barack Obuma watches as First Lady Mooch Obuma playfully greets him on the Colonnade of the White House, Feb. 12, 2013. T ina Tchen, Chief of Staff to the First Lady, and Personal Aide Kristin Jones, left, accompany Mrs. Obuma.
--Warph

-- Warph

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk