This and That...

Started by Warph, September 04, 2012, 01:52:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warph

Tsunami 2004 - Caught On Camera

10 Things You Didn't Know About Tsunamis
Iain Stewart journeys across the oceans to explore the most powerful
giant waves in history, with ten remarkable stories about tsunamis.

These massive waves can be taller than the biggest skyscraper, travel at the
speed of a jet plane and when they reach land, rear up and turn into a terrifying
wall of water that destroys everything in its path. These unstoppable, uncontrollable
forces of nature caused the ruin of an entire ancient civilization, may have played a small
part in the demise of the dinosaurs, and in World War II were used as a weapon.

Yet astonishingly, two men who surfed the tallest wave in history - half a kilometre high - survived.[/b]
"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Warph

--Warph

-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Warph

It really is a shame that the U.S. economy isn't growing at the same rate as insanity. Instead, we have Barack Insane-Hussein Obuma threatening to shut down tours of the White House to school kids, blaming that old devil, Sequester.

At the same time, as the Wall Street Journal points out, he green lights a junket for Department of Agriculture employees to attend the 26th California Small Farm Conference, in Fresno, where they'll have the opportunity to sip "exceptional wines" and sample "tasty dishes" whipped up by "special guest chefs."

At the same time that Obuma gave the finger to school kids and other Americans who planned to visit the place that used to be called "The People's House" before the Obumas moved in, he sent $300 million to Egypt's Mohamed Morsi, shortly after the creep referred to Christians and Jews as pigs and monkeys.

Those are your tax dollars at work, or not, as the case may be.

But far be it from me to suggest that lunacy is limited to those within spitting distance of Pennsylvania Avenue.  For instance, Sean Penn and Oliver Stone are both sitting shiva or however it is that Hollywood cretins pay their respects when their favorite despots die.  Catholics don't mourn the death of Christ the way celebrities mourn the passing of every anti-American jackal in the world.

In related news, Dennis Rodman, a former basketball player who was nicknamed "Worm" for perfectly obvious reasons, recently announced that North Korean dictator Kim Jong Un is an "awesome guy."

I have no doubt that a big part of the reason that so many notables salivate at the mere mention of Obuma's name is because they see in him a despot wannabe.

It's probably just as well that it's so difficult to get inside the heads of liberals because, judging by the stuff that comes out of their mouths, their skulls must be very dark and spooky places, filled with echoes of Biden's gaffes and Obuma's talking points.  Remember when Obuma said his would be the most transparent administration in history or when he said that Bush's request for an increase in the national debt was proof of failed leadership or, more recently, when he said America doesn't have a spending problem?  Apparently, liberals missed all that while they were busy swooning.

Obuma's war on the Second Amendment continues, reinforced by ex-congresswoman Gaby Giffords.  If anyone should be leading the fight to make it easier to institutionalize loons, not make it more difficult for law-abiding Americans to buy guns, it's the woman who was shot by a psychopath, who didn't know and didn't care if she was a Republican or a Democrat.

Speaking of guns, someone recently sent me a pithy line on the subject: Participating in a gun buyback program because you believe that criminals have too many weapons is like having yourself castrated because you think the neighbors have too many kids.

Finally, if you recall, when John Hinckley shot President Reagan back in 1981, he said he was doing it in order to impress actress Jodie Foster, who, at the time was an 18-year-old coed at Yale.  Well, as if spending several decades in prison isn't bad enough, can you imagine the razzing he got from the other prisoners when, in 2007, Ms. Foster got around to announcing she was a lesbian?
--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

JOKE of the DAY:

Source: Ashley Judd moving forward with run for Mitch McConnell's Senate seat in Kentucky

Ashley Judd has yet to officially announce her political aspirations, but a source with intimate knowledge of the situation tells FOX411's Pop Tarts column the actress is preparing herself to challenge Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell for his Kentucky seat in 2014.

"At least in Ashley's mind, it is happening," said the insider. "She has devoted herself to many important causes and stepped away from the Hollywood spotlight so this seems like the logical next step. I don't know if she will be successful, but her heart is in the right place."

Read more: http://www.myfoxdc.com/story/21554465/source-ashley-judd-moving-forward-with-run-for-mitch-mcconnells-senate-seat-in-kentucky#ixzz2MzhAeNud
--Warph

-- Warph

jarhead

Good for Ashley Juggs---finally someone in the Senate  that aint afraid to "let it all hang out" --or at least a couple of her assets !!

Warph

A little humor here by the....

Grieving Celebrities Struggle to Find Replacement Dictator

(AP) – The formal announcement by the Venezuelan government that Hugo Chavez has died sent shockwaves through the ranks of the Hollywood elite, who had long been the Venezuelan leader's staunchest supporters. Throughout the day, celebrities struggled to cope with the devastating loss:

"Sean is devastated, completely inconsolable," Sean Penn's publicist Amy Glattensturmer told the AP. "He's been in his bedroom all day. He won't eat, he won't berate his staff, he won't punch women, he wouldn't even come outside to look at the brand new Ferrari Enzo the studio sent him as incentive to read a script. He realizes that a true champion of the working class has died today, and, as one himself, Sean has taken the hit very hard."

"The relationship between celebrities and their dictators is a very close one," PR guru Benjamin Shaltzberg told the AP. "Hollywood celebrities had formed a huge bond with Chavez. It will be difficult to replace."

Throughout Tuesday afternoon, cars full of mourners were seen driving up to Tim Robbins' 20,000-acre private estate, called "Proletariat Meadows," in Westchester County. Robbins, who would not speak directly to the AP, did release the following statement on Twitter: "We who struggle in the working class have lost a hero – a man of strong hand, and one of the few who truly realized what a genius I am."

Supermodel Naomi Campbell, who previously called Chavez "fearless" and a "rebel angel," was so distressed by the news of his passing that she couldn't even bring herself to throw a phone at her assistant. "At first, she was like, how can I go on as normal with Hugo gone?" Campbell's assistant Anna Smyth-Lipsky told the AP. "But then she realized that Hugo would have wanted her to push ahead, to be as fearless as he was. So she lined up the entire staff and began chucking phones at us one-by-one. We were all so proud to see her bravery in not letting this tragedy get her spirits down."

But with Chavez gone, where do these celebrities go now? "They still have Ahmadinejad, certainly," PR whiz Shaltzberg told the AP. "But he's never quite been at Chavez's level. There have always been issues."

"I love Mahmoud," Michael Moore told the AP, " but you can't get a decent plate of pork chops over there. I mean, I love whoring myself out to dictators, but without pork, where's the joy? With Hugo, you always got bacon. And you can't put a price on that."

Mike Tyson agrees. "Look, the rapin' is great over there in Iran, but I like my victims to put up a fight, Turns me on, you know? Those Vezenwaylan bitches that Hugo would give me, now THEY were feisty. I sure hope no (expletive) democracy screws that place up."

"Because of Venezuela's historically-close relationship with the U.S., Chavez was very keen on American culture. And the staff of toadies he would assign to visiting celebrities knew how to fawn," Shaltzberg adds. "When people like Danny Glover or Oliver Stone visit a dictator, they don't just want to be wined and dined. They want to be told how great 'Lethal Weapon 4' was, or what a crime it was that the Oscars overlooked 'Alexander.' Sure, Ahmadinejad can take them to see the stoning of a woman or the execution of a homosexual, and that's great. But it's the little touches that matter, the sycophantism and flattery that celebrities need. And pork."

"Hugo once let me stomp the rib cage of an imprisoned journalist," Alec Baldwin told the AP in an exclusive interview. "And as I was kicking the guy, imagining he was my piggish slut of a daughter, Hugo threw a '30 Rock' quote at me! And we just started riffing back and forth. He knew every line, every episode. That was class, you know? The other dictators just don't have that same level. Once, when I was in Iran watching a woman get fifty lashes for mouthing off to her husband, I turned to Mahmoud and joked, 'I bet Jack wishes he could do that to Liz Lemon,' and he just stared at me, like I was speaking a foreign language. Amazing...not a clue."

"This really could be Kim Jong-un's moment," Shaltzberg told the AP. "It's ironic that Chavez's passing comes so close after Dennis Rodman's triumphal visit to North Korea. There's a void that's been created by Chavez's passing, one that Kim can fill. Sure, there's Castro, but when the beloved family dog dies, you don't rush out to buy an even older one. You get a puppy. Kim could really be the next member of the celebrity/dictator mutual admiration society. But, there are obstacles, of course. Language, especially. Many Venezuelans are English-fluent, and understand the subtleties of the language. Not so in North Korea, where, since the country's creation, English has either been banned or discouraged among the population. So, if Kim wants to make his country the new destination of choice for celebrities looking to rub shoulders with a dictatorial madman, the country's going to have to polish-up its language-skills."

Shaltzberg's point was emphasized by a full-page ad that the government of North Korea is planning to run in Wednesday's Variety, in an attempt to fill the Chavez void. The ad, shown to the AP by a source at the magazine, reveals just how far the North Koreans have to go before they can reach the level of skill with the Hollywood community that Chavez always displayed.

The ad reads:
"Hey you actor douchebag. Yes you. You come here, North Korea. We treat you good. We have pork. Lots pork. Our pig not disease, our pig good. You come, you eat, go home. You leave."

We showed the ad to PR expert Shaltzberg, who immediately began packing for a trip to Pyongyang. "I gotta go where I'm needed," he told the AP.

--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

Obuma Tells Republicans Behind Closed Doors: "You Need Me"...

Via Politico

(...Like a hole in the head.)

. . . "I'm waiting for my dinner invitation," the Republican joshed to Obama, referring to the president's recent evening out with Republican senators. "I listen to Paul," Obama replied, according to McCarthy, referring to House Budget Chairman Paul Ryan. Then, in what McCarthy took as a reference to a political charm offensive, he recalled Obama saying, "You guys give us too much credit. We're not doing all that stuff you think we are." As told by McCarthy, Obama then said that if Republicans are going to get entitlement reform, "You need me." As McCarthy walked away, the congressman thought: "He's still a law professor. He'd rather lecture you and put a red mark on your paper than talk to you."

The truth is Obama has lost some leverage — and needed a bunch of high-profile meetings with adversaries to swat away reports that he's too stubborn and too political. But, in private, nothing has really changed.

Hey... McCarthy??  The only thing Barack Insane-Hussein Obama understands and respects is in-your-face political force.  You might as well figure you are a worthless fool if you're anything short of that standard.

He needs to be confronted in the most direct and non-presidential of language: "You screwed up on sequestration.  You're going to spend the next three years a literal prisoner in this White House unless you do what the grown ups tell you to do.  That starts with the people sending back ObumaCare as unfit to consume.  Next is slashing the bloat.  You're gonna do what we tell you Clown, and in exchange, we'll let you have the big airplane to go golfing with Tiger once a year.  Blow us off and we'll make you spend every damn day cooped up with Michelle."

....Warph

--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

President Obama's plans won't balance the federal budget in the coming decade, he said Tuesday, stressing that his top priority is growing the economy and not a balanced budget.

"My goal is not to chase a balanced budget just for the sake of balance. My goal is how do we grow the economy, put people back to work, and if we do that we are going to be bringing in more revenue," he said in an interview with ABC News's George Stephanopoulos.

(You POS... more revenue, huh?  So you can spend it on entitlement benefits... like 2.2B on the Obumaphone?????????)

Obama said he's opposed to House Budget Committee Chairman Paul Ryan's budget plan released Tuesday, which would balance the budget in a decade.

"We're not gonna balance the budget in ten years because if you look at what Paul Ryan does to balance the budget, it means that you have to voucher-ize Medicare, you have to slash deeply into programs like Medicaid, you've essentially got to either tax middle class families a lot higher than you currently are or you can't lower rates the way he's promised."

--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

Obumaland: 59% Say It's No Longer Possible To Work Hard And Get Rich In America...

Via Rasmussen:
More Americans than ever now believe it is no longer possible for anyone in the United States to work their way out of poverty. They believe even more strongly that it's no longer possible for someone to work hard in this country and get rich.

A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds that just 27% of American Adults now say it is possible for anyone in the country to work hard and get rich, generally unchanged since late 2012. Fifty-nine percent (59%), though, say that is no longer possible, up from 55% in late January and the highest level of pessimism in over four years of surveying.  Fourteen percent (14%) are undecided.

--Warph

-- Warph

jarhead

So eventually this hypocrite will hand over the AR-15 to the police but will keep the .45 pistol. Oh wait, it says the rifle is a AR-15," STYLE" weapon---that means it could be a .22 rifle with that evil black stock

PHOENIX – The husband of former U.S. Rep. Gabrielle Giffords generated nearly 4,000 comments on Facebook from people on both sides of the gun debate after he posted a photo of himself buying a military-style rifle -- a purchase he made to demonstrate how easy it is to obtain the kind of firearms he's lobbying Congress to ban.

A background check took only a matter of minutes to complete, Mark Kelly said in the Facebook post, adding that it's scary to think people can buy similar guns without background checks at gun shows or on the Internet.

It didn't take long for gun-rights supporters to accuse Kelly of being a hypocrite for buying an AR-15-style rifle and a 45.-caliber handgun. Many of the Facebook comments focused on his motivations and the rules for purchasing such guns.

The AR-15 is among 157 military-style weapons that would be banned under a bill pending before the U.S. Senate Judiciary Committee. Kelly, a former astronaut, said he intends to eventually hand in the rifle to Tucson police.

The advocacy group started by Giffords and Kelly had no immediate comment Tuesday on Kelly's gun buys.

But the group released a statement from Kelly on the Senate Judiciary Committee's approval Tuesday of a proposal to expand federal firearms background checks to nearly all gun purchases. Kelly said the 10-8 vote was a huge step in keeping guns out of the hands of criminals and mentally ill people. Kelly's statement didn't address the controversy over his own gun buys.

Kelly, a former astronaut who plans to keep the handgun, told CNN on Monday that it was important for him to have firsthand information on the ease of buying guns such as the AR-15 and that he looks forward to buying a firearm at a gun show in the future. Kelly and Giffords have long been supporters of gun rights and owned handguns themselves.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/03/13/former-rep-giffords-husband-mark-kelly-purchase-rifle-ignites-online-firestorm/#ixzz2NQndR01j

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk