This and That...

Started by Warph, September 04, 2012, 01:52:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warph

Thursday, November 27, 2014

("He that struggles with us strengthens our nerves, and sharpens our skill. Our antagonist is our helper."
~ Edmund Burke, 1729-1797)

Being Thankful for the Left

Posted by Daniel Greenfield

When we celebrate Thanksgiving, after being thankful for family and friends, for health and comfort, for food and shelter; we shouldn't forget to be thankful for the left.

There is no light without darkness and without evil, the good often fails to find their own voice. It is in the presence of slavery that we remember the worth of freedom. Men and nations are forged in war; not only the war of shell and shot, but the war of ideas. War teaches us to fight for what we have. Wars of ideas teach us to stand up for what we believe.

It is because conservatives are basically hopeful and confident that we are also prone to extremes of despair. Too many us were shocked at the decline of our society because of our great confidence in it. The faith that conservatives have in America makes them vulnerable to being crushed by the latest victory of the left.

I have seen far too much despair and defeatism, too many comments that suggest there is no hope for America and the only thing left to do is pour a glass of wine and watch the sun go down. But those comments testify to how sheltered Americans are from the struggles against tyranny around the world.

Eight years of Obama is bad, but try sixty-nine years of Communism on for size. That's what generations of Russians had to live through. Ask some of the conservative activists in Europe who have never had any of the freedoms that we still take for granted whether they've given up hope. Ask people from countries where criticism of Islam can mean death, whether they've given up hope.

There are countless tales of courage over the last century of men and women who did not stop fighting, who did not stop teaching their children so that they would not stop resisting. And those stories have not ended. They continue today in Europe, Asia and South America. And those people would envy the conditions under which we fight, where we can protest without being shot or sent to prison, where we can have a shot at winning elections if we try hard enough.

Where we are, compared to 100 percent of the rest of the world, still free.

We face a hard fight, not only for our freedom, but the freedom of the world. The international left has made America its special project. It knows that if it can extinguish the hope of liberty in this land then it will drive the rest of those who hope for freedom across the ocean deeper into despair. And it wants your despair. It wants you to give up so that the rest of the world gives up too and bows under its chains.

And yet this fight is a glorious one. This fight is our birthright. And we should be thankful for the fight.

It would be more pleasant if there were no Obama or Hillary. If Alinsky had never been born and Marx had never been whelped. It would be nice if we lived in a world where red was just a color and the Democratic Party was a rural movement suspicious of the Federal government and dreaming of an agrarian utopia. But then so would never having to work for a living or getting up out of bed.

Life is challenge and we face all kinds of different challenges. We get up early out of bed in the morning and drive to work. We rise in the middle of the night when the baby cries and we go to the hospital when our loved ones need us there. We do dreary things and terrible things that seem so different from the life we imagined as children. And we do them not only because they are duty, but because these challenges, the daily ones and the once in a lifetime ones, make us who we are.

Besides these prosaic challenges, the daily routines and the occasional tragedies, there are uncommon challenges that we face when the foe comes to our gate and demands that we bow and become slaves. This is the challenge that we face as a society, a nation and a people. It demands more of us and it ennobles us. It makes us a great people and a great nation, rather than only another people who seek to live in comfort with no thought for anything else.

Good emerges in response to evil. We need our enemies to remind us of who we are and what we can do when our backs are against the wall. We need evil to remind us of the good that we are capable of. As a whetstone sharpens a sword, so evil sharpens us into a weapon against it. It makes us morally stronger and teaches us the stark truths that we cannot take refuge from evil; we must confront it.

If there were no left, would there be nearly as much patriotism among true Americans as there is now? And if there were no left, how many of us would really contemplate the core principles of freedom and free enterprise? If there were no left, how many of us would ponder what we truly believe and what compromises we are willing and unwilling to make? If there were no left, would we be the same people that we are today?

For those of us who believe in the Bible, the Lord created both darkness and light. And if it were not for the darkness, would the light be nearly as precious to us? Imagine a world without sunrise or sunset, where the sight of rays of light clearing away the darkness would have no meaning? And then remember that things are treasured to the extent that they can be taken away from us.

Would we value freedom as much if we did not have to defend it? Would we hold it as dear if we did not fear that it would be taken away? Would we even be aware of what freedom is and what a free people must be if not for the dark hand of those who wish to strip us of those freedoms?

It is the left's opposition that has added urgency to a hundred issues, from the national debt to the War on Terror to freedom of speech and of religion. It has made us think about those issues, to take them out of the back of our minds and hold them up to the light as a reminder of how important they are and what must be done about them.

The left's corruptions remind us of the need for purification. As it gathers the worst of all around it, we find ourselves called to be better than we are. As the left works to doom our country, and as we suffer defeat after defeat, these defeats only serve to remind us that we must be better, that we must do more, learn more and become more in order to save our country.

War is the great teacher and this is a political war, short on bodies and heavy on minds, it is a war in which casualties are not taken in the chest or the arm, but in the mind, in reason and emotion, and against these weaknesses, we can and will prevail.

As we fight the left, we become stronger, more dedicated and more purposeful. We become the men and women that we were meant to be.

As you sit around your tables, thinking of all that you have gained and lost this year, remember and be thankful for the left, for though the winter ice gives way to the summer sun and bitter defeat gives way to sweet victory, it is defeat and hardship that teaches better than comfort and ease. We can learn more from our defeats than we ever could from our victories. Our defeats teach us endurance and fortitude, they teach us that defeat can be borne and that its sting can be turned into the weapon that unseats the foe. And our foes make us who we are.

Their evil teaches us to find the good within ourselves. Their strength teaches us to find our own strength. And their plots against what we have teach us how many treasures we have, not least of these being the full value of our freedom and our happiness that they wish to take from us.

Their war on America is teaching us to be better Americans. It may not feel that way right now, but we are privileged to have this opportunity and this fight. 

We should be thankful for the left, its assaults on us are teaching us how to fight and its plots against our freedom are teaching us how to be free.
"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Warph

See George Washington's Handwritten Thanksgiving Day Proclamation: "It Is The Duty Of All Nations To Acknowledge The Providence Of God, To Obey His Will"

On Oct. 3, 1789 George Washington, the first president of the United States, issued a proclamation to make the fourth Thursday of November as a day for "offering our prayers and supplications to the great Lord and Ruler of Nations."

Washington also declared that "it is the duty of all Nations to acknowledge the providence of Almighty God, to obey his will, to be grateful for his benefits, and humbly to implore his protection and favor."

Finally, Washington asked Americans to give "our sincere and humble thanks" to God "for the peaceable and rational manner, in which we have been enabled to establish constitutions of government for our safety and happiness, and particularly the national One now lately instituted."

Artist's depiction of George Washington praying at Valley Forge.

George Washington began his proclamation by stating that God is at the center of thanksgiving and ended it by saying the United States should "promote the knowledge and practice of true religion and virtue."

(Page Image)

**Thanksgiving Proclamation**

[New York, 3 October 1789]

By the President of the United States of America, a Proclamation.

Whereas it is the duty of all Nations to acknowledge the providence of Almighty God, to obey his will, to be grateful for his benefits, and humbly to implore his protection and favor– and whereas both Houses of Congress have by their joint Committee requested me to recommend to the People of the United States a day of public thanksgiving and prayer to be observed by acknowledging with grateful hearts the many signal favors of Almighty God especially by affording them an opportunity peaceably to establish a form of government for their safety and happiness.

Now therefore I do recommend and assign Thursday the 26th day of November next to be devoted by the People of these States to the service of that great and glorious Being, who is the beneficent Author of all the good that was, that is, or that will be– That we may then all unite in rendering unto him our sincere and humble thanks–for his kind care and protection of the People of this Country previous to their becoming a Nation–for the signal and manifold mercies, and the favorable interpositions of his Providence which we experienced in the course and conclusion of the late war–for the great degree of tranquility, union, and plenty, which we have since enjoyed–for the peaceable and rational manner, in which we have been enabled to establish constitutions of government for our safety and happiness, and particularly the national One now lately instituted–for the civil and religious liberty with which we are blessed; and the means we have of acquiring and diffusing useful knowledge; and in general for all the great and various favors which he hath been pleased to confer upon us.

And also that we may then unite in most humbly offering our prayers and supplications to the great Lord and Ruler of Nations and beseech him to pardon our national and other transgressions– to enable us all, whether in public or private stations, to perform our several and relative duties properly and punctually–to render our national government a blessing to all the people, by constantly being a Government of wise, just, and constitutional laws, discreetly and faithfully executed and obeyed–to protect and guide all Sovereigns and Nations (especially such as have shewn kindness unto us) and to bless them with good government, peace, and concord–To promote the knowledge and practice of true religion and virtue, and the encrease of science among them and us–and generally to grant unto all Mankind such a degree of temporal prosperity as he alone knows to be best.

Given under my hand at the City of New York the third day of October in the year of our Lord 1789.

GO: Washington

(Washington served two terms as president before retiring to his beloved farm, Mt. Vernon, in Virginia. He died three years later in 1799 of a throat infection)

--Warph

-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Warph

Obuma Secretly Met With Ferguson Terrorists,
Ordered Them To"Stay On Course"

http://patdollard.com/2014/11/obama-quietly-met-with-ferguson-activists-stay-on-course/

President Obama met with Ferguson protest leaders on November 5th, the day after the midterm elections. The meeting was not on his daily schedule. He was concerned that the protesters "stay on course."

What does that mean?

And why is the president meeting with the violent Mike Brown protesters before a verdict is reached in the court case?

The Ferguson protesters have looted over 100 businesses in the St. Louis area.

The New York Times hid this in the 21st paragraph of their report:
But leaders here say that is the nature of a movement that has taken place, in part, on social media and that does not match an earlier-era protest structure where a single, outspoken leader might have led the way. "This is not your momma's civil rights movement," said Ashley Yates, a leader of Millennial Activists United. "This is a movement where you have several difference voices, different people. The person in charge is really — the people. But the message from everyone is the same: Stop killing us."
At times, there has been a split between national civil rights leaders and the younger leaders on the ground here, who see their efforts as more immediate, less passive than an older generation's. But some here said relations have improved in recent weeks.

Some of the national leaders met with President Obama on Nov. 5 for a gathering that included a conversation about Ferguson.

According to the Rev. Al Sharpton, who has appeared frequently in St. Louis with the Brown family and delivered a speech at Mr. Brown's funeral, Mr. Obama "was concerned about Ferguson staying on course in terms of pursuing what it was that he knew we were advocating. He said he hopes that we're doing all we can to keep peace."
(Obuma wants the protesters to stay on course?  Unbelievable.)
--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

Lieutenant Governor: OBAMA ORDERED FERGUSON TO BURN

http://patdollard.com/2014/11/missouri-lieutenant-governor-obama-ordered-ferguson-to-burn/

Lt. Governor Kinder(R) argues that Obama and Holder had ordered Governor Nixon to not send in the National Guard. "I cannot imagine any other reason why the governor who mobilized the National Guard would not have them in there to stop this before it started." Obama knew that that 100% effectively meant that blacks would be allowed to burn Ferguson down.

--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

The Mid-Term Elections

Our host examines how the wise sages of main stream media covered, or didn't cover, the recent mid-term elections

VIDEO:

--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

Gun Sales Expected to Skyrocket on Black Friday, FBI Worried

(The White House is probably anticipating more gun control by Executive Order. Obuma isn't concerned with petty things like laws or the Constitution.  The Second Amendment is just something that stands in the way of the progressive agenda to him.
If I were a betting man, I would put money on Obuma signing a series of executive orders concerning ammunition.  His administration has attempted this strategy from several different angles.  Multiple agencies have placed purchase orders for huge amounts of ammunition, distorting the supply.  The EPA forced the closure of the last remaining lead mine in the US.  An EO banning the import of ammunition would be my guess, followed by a regulation from the BATF requiring background checks and record keeping for ammunition purchases. Much stricter regulations on smokeless powder and primers would be another route for placing crippling burdens on ammo manufacturers.   Unfortunately, these actions are things that citizens would not have the option of non-compliance)

From Cabela's to Wal-Mart guns will be on sale a everywhere on Black Friday, and what better time is there to load up on a firearm? The manic shopping frenzy lands right before Christmas and right in the midst of deer hunting season.

With the expected increase in gun sales the Federal Bureau of Investigation is gearing up for a dense wave of background check requests. There are more than 48,000 gun retailers in the U.S., according to the Associated Press. For every sale, cashiers must call in a check to the FBI or to other approved agency to insure that the customer does not have a criminal record. When the National Instant Criminal Background Check System, was implemented in 1998, the FBI oversaw around 9 million checks. Last year that number inflated to more than 21 million.

"This Friday opens the busiest season for gun purchases, when requests for background checks speed up to nearly two a second, testing the limits of the National Instant Criminal Background Check System, or NICS....

NICS did about 58,000 checks on a typical day last year. That surged to 145,000 on Black Friday 2013. They're bringing in 100 more workers than usual for the post-Thanksgiving rush this year."

Seventy-one percent of background checks last year were instantly approved. According to Federal Law, a customer is disqualified from purchasing a gun if he/she is: underage, an illegal alien, a documented drug addict, a convicted felon, a fugitive from justice, underage, mentally ill, dishonorably discharged from the military, has renounced their U.S. citizenship, is subject to a court restraining order, or has a history of domestic violence.

--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

Car Wisely Drives Through Michael Brown Rioters in Minneapolis

(Gee... I sure hope he's all right... 
the driver, I mean):

The hard left liars running the media have whipped sociopathic lowlifes and their fellow travelers throughout the country into such a state, stopping to give them a chance to break into your car and haul you out is not wise.

So far no charges have been filed. The moonbat who got run over received only minor injuries, but hopefully learned a little something.

--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

Hillary Demands Royal Treatment On Speaking Tour

(You don't say....)

Via Truth Revolt:

It was like a scene out of "The Princess and the Pea," only this was real life. Along with her $300,000 fee for her speech at UCLA , Hillary Clinton had a list of demands, one of which was "that the chairs be outfitted with two long, rectangular pillows — and that two cushions be kept backstage in case the chair was too deep and she needed additional back support."

Through a Freedom of Information Act request the Washington Post received the emails exchanged between UCLA and Clinton's people as they were preparing for her March 5, 2014 speech at the school.

The documents show that Clinton's representatives at the Harry Walker Agency exerted considerable control over her appearance and managed even the smallest details — from requesting lemon wedges and water on stage to a computer, scanner, and a spread of hummus and crudité in the green room backstage.
--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

Rules For White People At #Ferguson Protests In Canada:
Don't Take Up Space, Stay In The Back

(What a crock of sh!tt...'You Crackers stays to da back 'less dey's POH-lees, den yous stands twixt us 'n dem...Den if you sees da black man takin' a beatin' from the POH-lees, den you steps in ta take a beatin' too!')

Via Daily Mail:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2852167/Please-refrain-taking-space-controversial-rules-white-people-Michael-Brown-vigil-Toronto.html

A set of rules for white people at a vigil for Michael Brown in Canada has sparked controversy with critics accusing organizers of promoting segregation.

'Non black allies' were told to 'refrain from taking up space in all ways possible' and 'never be at the centre of anything' at the event in Toronto on November 25.

The Facebook page also advised white demonstrators to 'refrain from speaking to the media' and 'stand behind black folks or between us and the police'.

--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

Hollywood Moonbats Fight Against Ferguson Decision With 'Blackout Friday'

(Crowds in line for the black Friday sales are interfering with the looting and rioting)

Via Philly Com
http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/entertainment/celebrities_gossip/Hollywood-fights-against-Ferguson-decision-with-Blackout-Friday.html

Hollywood leaders are supporting a nationwide protest of the Ferguson grand jury decision Monday not to indict police officer Darren Wilson for the killing of Michael Brown, under the social media hashtag #BlackoutFriday and organized through the collective Blackout for Human Rights.

"Fruitvale Station" director Ryan Coogler, "Selma" helmer Ava DuVernay, "Grey's Anatomy" actor Jesse Williams, Russell Simmons, Michael B. Jordan and others have voiced their support for Blackout Friday, an effort to "make Black Friday (November 28, 2014) a nationwide day of action and retail boycott."

"Blackout will be organizing grassroots events, nationwide, for people to come out and show their solidarity in the fight for equal human rights," read the website. [...]

DuVernay will moderate a Q&A session Friday following a screening series presented by African American Film Festival Releasing Movement at the Downtown Independent in Los Angeles, which will feature "Fruitvale Station," DuVernay's "Middle of Nowhere" and "25 to Life."
--Warph

-- Warph

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk