This and That...

Started by Warph, September 04, 2012, 01:52:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warph

Save The Earth, Prevent Global Warming... By Peeing In The Shower

Via Daily Caller:

You want to save the environment, right? Prevent global warming, save the world's 13 Icelandic snow owls, that kind of thing.

Then you must pee in the shower. That's the earnest message from a couple of students at England's University of East Anglia, reports BBC News.

The two students, Debs Torr and Chris Dobson, theorize that their idea could "save enough water to fill an Olympic-sized swimming pool 26 times."

It's also a pragmatic timesaver, The Daily Caller notes.

"We've done the math, and this project stands to have a phenomenal impact," Dobson told the BBC.

"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Warph

#Ferguson Organizers Think They Have New Cause In #VonderrittMyers, Turns Out He Is Indeed Another #MikeBrown

Multiple groups were out tonight in Ferguson for a "Weekend Of Resistance". One of the things they were supposedly protesting against was the killing of VonDerritt Myers a couple of days ago in the nearby area of Shaw. Myers was shot several times by a police officer after Myers first fired on the officer, according to the police. A gun was found near Myers body. Myers' family insisted he was unarmed, that all he had in his hands was a sandwich. And with that the organizers and people trying to pimp for 'revolution' were off to the races, accusing the police once again of murder.

But quickly, just as Brown had been revealed to have been essentially fleeing a strong arm robbery, Vonderritt Myers' background began to emerge. Despite only being 18, Myers had other charges, including a felony gun charge. He was still supposed to be on house arrest, and not supposed to be out.

Multiple pictures of Myers began to turn up as well as posts by those who appear to be friends, mourning his death, but posting his pictures, referring to him as a Blood and by his street name of "Droop". There are many pictures showing him armed, including one in which he actually has three guns.

So Vonderrick Myers was a bloods gang banger named Droop.
--Warph

-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Ross

To bad they don't have a commander-in-chief with balls.

Warph

AWESOME!!!

The Washington Redskins' owner fights back against the PC police who are trying to force him to change the name of his football team. This photo was just take a few minutes ago of the Washington Redskins owner, Dan Snyder, watching the football game with the president of the Navajo Nation.
--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

ISSL jihadists execute four women in northern Iraq

Baghdad (AFP) - The Islamic State group has executed at least four women, including two doctors and a politician, in their northern Iraq strongholds this month, relatives and rights activists said on Saturday.

In the IS hub of Mosul, the jihadists executed three women on Wednesday including two doctors, Hanaa Edwar, a human rights activist who heads the Al-Amal organisation, said.

A medical source in Mosul confirmed their deaths and named the two doctors as Maha Sabhan and Lamia Ismail. The third woman was a law graduate.

On October 5, Iman Mohammed Yunus, a former Sunni parliamentarian from the Iraq Turkmen Front in the city of Tal Afar, farther west towards the Syrian border, was also executed.

"They took her from her home last month and called her family this week to say that she had been executed," said Ali al-Bayati, who runs a foundation supporting the rights of Iraq's Turkmen minority.

"Then they dumped her body in a water well outside Tal Afar," he said.

According to Edwar, who confirmed Yunus' execution, at least four other women were executed by IS militants in the Mosul area in recent weeks.

Militants hold a checkpoint on June 16, 2014 in Iraq's second city of Mosul, where jihadists executed three women this week

Among them were a former candidate for the local council and an academic.

"Women are easy targets for them. Many of the rights activists from Mosul ran away but some of the women among them had to stay with their children," Edwar said.

IS militants have controlled Mosul since June 10, the second day of a major offensive that saw jihadist fighters seize swathes of land in five Iraqi provinces.

They have used the city, Iraq's second largest, as a de facto capital for the Iraqi half of the "caliphate" which their leadership proclaimed in June and also includes large parts of Syria.

"After going after the ethnic and religious minorities, they are now hunting down Sunni members of civil society groups and anyone remotely connected with the government," Edwar said.

She said IS was probably trying to sow maximum fear among the population by openly targeting women.

"When you abduct and kill women, you are really spreading horror," she said.

On September 22, IS executed a women's rights activist, Samira Saleh al-Nuaimi, reportedly because she had condemned the demolition of heritage sites by IS on social media.

Edwar also said two men, a judge and a deputy prosecutor, had been executed over the past two weeks.

A source at the Mosul morgue confirmed that their bodies had been brought in earlier this month.
--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

Not Just The Largest Economy –
Here Are 26 Other Ways China Has Surpassed America

By Michael Snyder, on October 8th, 2014

In terms of purchasing power, China now has the largest economy on the entire planet, but that is not the only area where China has surpassed the United States.  China also accounts for more total global trade than the U.S. does, China consumes more energy than the U.S. does, and China now manufactures more goods than the U.S. does.  In other words, the era of American economic dominance is rapidly ending.  Global economic power is making a dramatic shift to the east, and that is going to have huge implications for our future.  We already owe the Chinese well over a trillion dollars, and as our economic infrastructure crumbles we are feverishly borrowing even more money in a desperate attempt to prop up our falling standard of living.  We can't seem to match the work ethic, inventiveness and determination of China and other Asian nations and it is showing.  If we continue down this path, what will the future look like for future generations of Americans?

In terms of raw GDP, the U.S. is still number one, at least for now.  But according to the IMF, China is now the number one economy on the entire planet in terms of purchasing power...

The simple logic is that prices aren't the same in each country: A shirt will cost you less in Shanghai than San Francisco, so it's not entirely reasonable to compare countries without taking this into account. Though a typical person in China earns a lot less than the typical person in the US, simply converting a Chinese salary into dollars underestimates how much purchasing power that individual, and therefore that country, might have. The Economist's Big Mac Index is a great example of these disparities.

So the IMF measures both GDP in market exchange terms, and in terms of purchasing power. On the purchasing power basis, China is overtaking the US right about now and becoming the world's biggest economy

When I first learned about this, I was quite stunned.

I knew that China's economy had been roaring, but like most Americans I just assumed that the U.S. would continue to remain head and shoulders above everyone else.

Unfortunately, things are changing at a pace that is much faster than most people ever thought possible. 

The following are 26 other ways that China has surpassed America....

#1 When you add up all imports and exports, China now accounts for more total global trade than the United States does.

#2 There is now more total corporate debt in China than there is in the United States.

#3 During 2013, we sold about 121 billion dollars worth of stuff to the Chinese, but they sold about 440 billion dollars worth of stuff to us.  That was the largest trade deficit that one nation has had with another nation in the history of the world.

#4 China is now the leading manufacturer of goods in the entire world.

#5 Back in 1998, the United States had 25 percent of the world's high-tech export market and China had just 10 percent. Today, China's high-tech exports are more than twice the size of U.S. high-tech exports.

#6 The United States had been the leading consumer of energy in the world for about 100 years, but during the summer of 2010 China took over the number one spot.

#7 China now has the largest new car market in the entire world.

#8 China has more foreign currency reserves than anyone else on the planet.

#9 China is the number one gold producer in the world.

#10 China is also the number one gold importer in the world.

#11 15 years ago, China was 14th in the world in published scientific research articles.  But now, China is expected to pass the United States and become number one very shortly.

#12 China is also expected to soon become the global leader in patent filings.

#13 China awards more doctoral degrees in engineering each year than the United States does.

#14 China has the world's fastest train and the world's most extensive high-speed rail network.

#15 China uses more cement than the rest of the world combined.

#16 Today, China produces nearly twice as much beer as the United States does.

#17 85 percent of all artificial Christmas trees are made in China.

#18 There are more pigs in China than in the next 43 pork producing nations combined.

#19 China is now the number one producer of wind and solar power on the entire globe.

#20 China produces more than twice as much cotton as the United States does.

#21 China produces more than three times as much coal as the United States does.

#22 China now produces 11 times as much steel as the United States does.

#23 China controls over 90 percent of the total global supply of rare earth elements.

#24 An investigation by the U.S. Senate Committee on Armed Services found more than one million counterfeit Chinese parts in the Department of Defense supply chain.

#25 According to author Clyde Prestowitz, China's number one export to the U.S. is computer equipment.  According to an article in U.S. News & World Report, the number one U.S. export to China is "scrap and trash".

#26 Nobel economist Robert W. Fogel of the University of Chicago is projecting that the Chinese economy will be three times larger than the U.S. economy by the year 2040 if current trends continue.

The Chinese are using some of their new wealth to buy up land, properties and businesses here in the United States.  In fact, just the other day we learned that a group from China is buying New York City's Waldorf Astoria hotel.

For much, much more on this trend, please see some of my previous articles...

-"The Chinese Are Acquiring Large Chunks Of Land In Communities All Over America"

-"45 Signs That China Is Colonizing America"

-"Meet Your New Boss: Buying Large Employers Will Enable China To Dominate 1000s Of U.S. Communities"

And most Americans don't realize this, but Chinese-made cars will soon be sold in the United States.

The following is from a recent WND article...

Chinese-made cars will be making their way to the U.S. next year, and guess which company is going to start exporting them to our shores?

A Chinese company, of course.

Chinese-owned Volvo's parent company, Zhejiang Geely Holding Group, will begin exporting its S60L from China to the United States as early as next year, according to a Reuters report which quoted a senior Volvo executive.

Volvo is trying to take advantage of two new Chinese factories that will make up an export hub to send vehicles to the U.S. and Russia.

Everywhere you look, China is dominating and America is in decline.

If this was a sporting event for little kids, the "mercy rule" would have been invoked by now.

Unfortunately, there is no "mercy rule" on the global economic stage.

The United States is going to have to get things together if it wants to have any hope of competing with the Chinese in the future.

The Chinese are kicking our tails and they know it.

One survey found found that 75 percent of those living in China believe that their country is on the right track.

On the other hand, Americans are not nearly as optimistic.

According to one average of recent surveys, only 28 percent of Americans believe that the United States is on the right track.

I think that those numbers say a lot.  We have been in decline for quite some time, but we can never seem to get the ship righted.

Hopefully our leaders can start coming up with some solutions soon, because we are running out of time.

--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

Quotes From Democrats On Race & Anti-Semitism

Conservatives often believe that Democrats in general and liberals in particular get a free pass when it comes to race related remarks. Here are a few quotes that RWN has gathered up. Take a look at them and make up your own mind about the double standard...

***On Blacks***

(Affecting) a black accent to recount San Francisco mayor Willie Brown asking) "Who is this "Emily List? She's supportin' all these people. She's supportin' Sen. Dianne Feinstein. She's supported Sen. Barbara Boxer....She supported everybody. Why won't she support me?" — Hillary Clinton.
Source:: John Broder: of the LA Times

"Some junior high n*gger kicked Steve's ass while he was trying to help his brothers out; junior high or sophomore in high school. Whatever it was, Steve had the n*gger down. However it was, it was Steve's fault. He had the n*gger down, he let him up. The n*gger blindsided him." — Roger Clinton, the President's brother on audiotape

"You'd find these potentates from down in Africa, you know, rather than eating each other, they'd just come up and get a good square meal in Geneva." — Fritz Hollings (D, S.C.)

"Is you their black-haired answer-mammy who be smart? Does they like how you shine their shoes, Condoleezza? Or the way you wash and park the whitey's cars?" — Song from the show of left-wing radio host Neil Rogers

Blacks and Hispanics are "too busy eating watermelons and tacos" to learn how to read and write." — Mike Wallace, CBS News.
Scource:: NewsMax

***Blacks on Blacks ***

"In the days of slavery, there were those slaves who lived on the plantation and [there] were those slaves that lived in the house. You got the privilege of living in the house if you served the master ... exactly the way the master intended to have you serve him. Colin Powell's committed to come into the house of the master. When Colin Powell dares to suggest something other than what the master wants to hear, he will be turned back out to pasture." — Harry Belafonte

"Republicans bring out Colin Powell and J.C. Watts because they have no program, no policy. They have no love and no joy. They'd rather take pictures with black children than feed them." — Donna Brazile, Al Gore's Campaign Manager for the 2000 election

(On Clarence Thomas) "A handkerchief-head, chicken-and-biscuit-eating Uncle Tom." — Spike Lee

"He's married to a white woman. He wants to be white. He wants a colorless society. He has no ethnic pride. He doesn't want to be black." — California State Senator Diane Watson's on Ward Connerly's interracial marriage

*** Comments From The Past ***

"Rather I should die a thousand times, and see Old Glory trampled in the dirt never to rise again, than to see this beloved land of ours become degraded by race mongrels, a throwback to the blackest specimen from the wilds." — Former Klansman and current US Senator Robert Byrd, a man who is referred to by many Democrats as the "conscience of the Senate", in a letter written in 1944, after he quit the KKK.

"I am a former kleagle of the Ku Klux Klan in Raleigh County and the adjoining counties of the state .... The Klan is needed today as never before and I am anxious to see its rebirth here in West Virginia .... It is necessary that the order be promoted immediately and in every state of the Union. Will you please inform me as to the possibilities of rebuilding the Klan in the Realm of W. Va .... I hope that you will find it convenient to answer my letter in regards to future possibilities." — Former Klansman and current US Senator Robert Byrd, a man who is referred to by many Democrats as the "conscience of the Senate", in a letter written in 1946, after he quit the KKK.

"These laws [segregation] are still constitutional and I promise you that until they are removed from the ordinance books of Birmingham and the statute books of Alabama, they will be enforced in Birmingham to the utmost of my ability and by all lawful means." — Democrat Bull Connor (1957), Commissioner of Public Safety for Birmingham, Alabama

"I'll have those n*ggers voting Democratic for the next 200 years." — Lyndon B. Johnson to two governors on Air Force One according Ronald Kessler's Book, "Inside The White House"

(On New York) "K*ketown." — Harry Truman in a personal letter:
"I think one man is just as good as another so long as he's not a n*gger or a Chinaman. Uncle Will says that the Lord made a White man from dust, a nigger from mud, then He threw up what was left and it came down a Chinaman. He does hate Chinese and Japs. So do I. It is race prejudice, I guess. But I am strongly of the opinion Negroes ought to be in Africa, Yellow men in Asia and White men in Europe and America." Harry Truman (1911) in a letter to his future wife Bess

"There's some people who've gone over the state and said, 'Well, George Wallace has talked too strong about segregation.' Now let me ask you this: how in the name of common sense can you be too strong about it? You're either for it or you're against it. There's not any middle ground as I know of." — Democratic Alabama Governor George Wallace (1959)

***On Jews***

"You f***ing Jew b@stard." — Hillary Clinton to political operative Paul Fray. This was revealed in "State of a Union: Inside the Complex Marriage of Bill and Hillary Clinton" and has been verified by Paul Fray and three witnesses.

"The Jews don't like Farrakhan, so they call me Hitler. Well, that's a good name. Hitler was a very great man. He rose Germany up from the ashes." — Louis Farrakhan (1984) who campaigned for congresswoman Cynthia McKinney in 2002

"Now that nation called Israel, never has had any peace in forty years and she will never have any peace because there can never be any peace structured on injustice, thievery, lying and deceit and using the name of God to shield your dirty religion under his holy and righteous name." — Louis Farrakhan who campaigned for congresswoman Cynthia McKinney in 2002, 1984

'Hymies.' 'Hymietown.' — Jesse Jackson's description of New York City while on the 1984 presidential campaign trail.

"Jews ' that's J-E-W-S." — Democratic state representative Bill McKinney on why his daughter Cynthia lost in 2002

***On Whites***

"I want to go up to the closest white person and say: 'You can't understand this, it's a black thing' and then slap him, just for my mental health." — Charles Barron, a New York city councilman at a reparations rally, 2002

"Civil rights laws were not passed to protect the rights of white men and do not apply to them." — Mary Frances Berry, Chairwoman, US Commission on Civil Rights

(I) "will not let the white boys win in this election." — Donna Brazile, Al Gore's Campaign Manager on the 2000 election

"The old white boys got taken fair and square." — San Francisco Mayor Willie Brown after winning an election

"There are white n*ggers. I've seen a lot of white n*ggers in my time." — Former Klansman and Current US Senator Robert Byrd, a man who is referred to by many Democrats as the "conscience of the Senate" in March of 2001

"The Medicaid system must have been developed by a white male slave owner. It pays for you to be pregnant and have a baby, but it won't pay for much family planning." — Jocelyn Elders

The white man is our mortal enemy, and we cannot accept him. I will fight to see that vicious beast go down into the lake of fire prepared for him from the beginning, that he never rise again to give any innocent black man, woman or child the hell that he has delighted in pouring on us for 400 years." — Louis Farrakhan who campaigned for congresswoman Cynthia McKinney in 2002, City College audience in New York

"There's no great, white bigot; there's just about 200 million little white bigots out there." — USA Today columnist Julienne Malveaux

"We have lost to the white racist press and to the racist reactionary Jewish misleaders." — Former Rep. Gus Savage (D-Illinois) after his defeat 1992

"White folks was in caves while we was building empires... We taught philosophy and astrology and mathematics before Socrates and them Greek homos ever got around to it." — Rev. Al Sharpton in a 1994 speech at Kean College, NJ, cited in "Democrats Do the Dumbest Things

"The white race is the cancer of human history." — Susan Sontag

"Reparations are a really good way for white people to admit they're wrong." — Zack Webb, University Of Kentucky NAACP

--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

Rip Van Whitey - Part #8

***Saint MLK***

Upon entering the factory, Rip was shocked to find a hive of industriousness and an oasis of relative peace and quiet. What was strangest of all was that the place was nearly entirely uniform in its whiteness. With the exception of what appeared to be guards, who dozed in the corners on chairs and lounges, their hats pulled over their eyes, everyone was white.

In the times before his great nap, such a monolithic racial makeup would have disconcerted Rip greatly, causing peptic guilt to burble in the back of his throat, his knees to knock with trepidation at the exposure to accusations of racism, and making him long for the deliverance his betters assured him only "diversity" could bring. Surely, he would say, so as to ingratiate himself to his superiors, lord himself over his inferiors, and inoculate himself against the dreaded r-word, this place was "too white".

But now...now was a different time, and made for a different Rip. He found not fear in this roomful of whites, but rather relief; not disgust, but solace. How that flagon had changed him!

At the front of the factory floor, near the very "door" through which he entered, stood a giant statue of a man Rip knew all too well—Saint MLK. His arms crossed, he stared down sternly from his commanding height at the white workers below.

Observing this assortment of whites, with their widely diverse appearances—from redheads and blonds to brunettes and brown-haired; from blues eyes to green to hazel to gray; from short to tall, and slender to hulking; from merely comely to positively beautiful—Rip noticed their work was equally diverse: some toiled away making garments, while others were assembling cheap electronics, and still others wearing protective eyewear and gloves as they composited batteries. Some even pedaled away on what looked like exercise bikes attached to the generators left over from the factory's operational days.

But not all was well, for he realized that the labor of the people did not appear to make them happy; rather, they looked decidedly tense in their affairs. Perhaps it was due to the proctors who paced around behind them, constantly haranguing them and denouncing them as sinners who must purge their original sin of white privilege by working solely for the benefit of the "eternally oppressed"; that they can only properly atone for their sins of racism and sexism and homophobia and transphobia and Islamophobia and nativism and xenophobia and genocide and slavery and colonialism—that they, and they alone!, were guilty of—by praying for the grace of Saint MLK to absolve them; that it was only right that they forfeit their children to The Indoctrinators so that they wouldn't grow up to be the hate-filled bigots that their parents were; that they should be thankful they were allowed to lead the lives of slaves rather than be human sacrifices to god Diversity; and such things, and so forth.

The self-important white man with the cocked hat nudged Rip, knocking him out of his reverie, and pointed to a vacant seat behind a manual-powered sewing machine. "Do you know how to sew?"

Though advanced in age, and despite never having been exhibited prior—throughout all of Rip's most miserable and dangerous encounters—his survival instincts finally kicked in; for, not having the slightest inkling as to how to operate the machine let alone sew, he responded without a moment's hesitation: "Yes...yes, of course."

"Then get to it," said the self-important man, and, with that, departed.

Rip noticed a proctor looking in his direction, so before he could incur her wrath, he scrambled over to his seat at the sewing machine.

To be continued...

--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

Lib Rag Salon: "When That Cop Killed Mike Brown, and Zimmerman Killed Trayvon Martin, They Were Killing Barack Obama"

(. . . and Salon jumps the shark for the 39,092,170th time)

Via Salon:
http://media.salon.com/2014/10/zimmerman_obama_wilson.jpg

There has been a breakdown in decency in this country over the past number of years to the point where, just this weekend, somebody showed up at a Vikings game where Adrian Peterson, their running back, had just been suspended or not suspended ... suspended by his team for a game because of child abuse indictment. Somebody shows up at the Vikings game in Minnesota wearing an Adrian Peterson jersey and carrying a tree switch, of the sort that he used to beat his son. It's like, what kind of ... how sick do you have to be to even think of doing that? Let alone do it.

But with Barack Obama, racism has become ordinary discourse since his election in a way that it wasn't before, and the contempt and the ridicule with which Republicans treat him. Not even Bill Clinton, who they felt they could disparage because they thought he was a dumb white cracker, not even Bill Clinton has been treated the way Barack Obama has been treated. He's been treated as if he's an impostor, an interloper and as scum.

I mean, the things that have been said about Michelle Obama, the way she's talked about on Fox News, you know, forget about Twitter or comments on news stories or anything like that where all the morons live, but the way she's been talked about, can you imagine Laura Bush ever being talked about that way? Laura Bush actually killed somebody.
http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/opinion/e1698.htm

But that was never mentioned, that was never talked about, because it was impolite to bring it up.

Anyway, don't let me go on like this. But, yeah, yeah. And when you look at the things ... when you look at the murder of Trayvon Martin, when you look at the murder of Michael Brown, when you look at those situations, it's not unrelated to Obama being president, but it's more the way in which the country has reframed itself or rewritten itself since his election, with all kinds of people saying to themselves, maybe never putting it into words, just feeling it, "There's a f***ing n---er in the White House? Well f*** you, n---er, whoever you are." And an inchoate loathing and hatred that seeks out its targets.

I'm not a psychiatrist, I haven't sat down and interviewed George Zimmerman or the cop who shot Michael Brown, I don't know what their motives are, I don't know what kind of people they are, what kind of childhood traumas they have experienced. But I don't think it's nuts that in a certain way, when that cop killed Michael Brown, and when George Zimmerman killed Trayvon Martin, they were killing Barack Obama.

--Warph

-- Warph

Ross

You can call them leaders, but I won't.
Not untill they start acting like leaders and accepting responsibility for their actions.
I may be Crazy
But
I am Not Insane !

Living in the age of insanity,
from Ebola to radical Islam
to gay marriage

America's leaders are helping degrade the culture
like it's their job

Beach Blanket Babylon cast member Caitlin McGinty,
singing during the 7th inning stretch of the playoff game
between the San Francisco Giants and the Washington Nationals

By Robert Knight - - Friday, October 10, 2014

If you're a regular consumer of news, you may be feeling what I'm feeling right now.

We're living in an age of insanity. Let's start with Ebola.

The virus is tragically consuming thousands of people in West Africa, and yet America is still accepting flights from the affected countries. After the first patient death in Texas, the Obama administration says it has gotten around to tightening procedures for monitoring passengers into five airports, including Washington Dulles International Airport.

The Washington Post editorialized Thursday against stopping the flights, even while admitting that passenger checks "are not foolproof," and "Ebola can incubate in a human for up to 21 days, and the infected person does not immediately show symptoms an infected person can go through multiple screenings without setting off alarms."

On CNN, Centers for Disease Control Director Thomas Freiden avoided answering whether a sneeze may put another person at risk. When pressed, he said, "If you're within three feet, that's a situation we'd want to be concerned about." Been in an airliner lately?

Well, let's trust that our ultra-effective Obamacare health bureaucracy can limit the damage when the victims fly all over the country. After all, the administration is doing such a great job of containment along the Mexican border.

Does anyone still think our government is acting sanely and doing what's best for us Americans?

You do? I hope you're right, but let's do a sanity reality check.

Would a sane government trade five Taliban terrorist leaders for an American soldier who went AWOL in Afghanistan?

Would a director of national intelligence (James R. Clapper) testify to Congress that the Muslim Brotherhood, whose surrogates have turned the Arab Spring into a bloody regional war, is a "largely secular" organization in Egypt?

Would the administration continue to define as "workplace violence" the slaughter of more than a dozen soldiers at Fort Hood, Texas, in 2009 by a militant Muslim yelling "Allahu akbar"?

How about the Army's top general (George Casey) observing, "as horrific as this tragedy was, if our diversity becomes a casualty, I think that's worse."

Really? How about a disgruntled recent convert to Islam entering his former workplace and beheading a woman — in Oklahoma?

For more insanity in high places, let's move on to the legal blitzkrieg against marriage laws, with the exception of a single sane judge in Louisiana.

With lightning speed, the federal judicial Borg has ordered a majority of states to ignore the clearly stated wishes of their citizens. As the Supreme Court yawns, black-robed tyrants below are ordering everyone to pretend that brideless or groomless weddings are really "marriages" — or else. Anyone not buying this fiction is a "hater."

Insanity is rearing its bizarre head in every corner of America. An Obama-Biden sticker on your car is a tip-off, unless you're in the Free Stuff Army or run an abortion clinic, in which case it makes perfect sense.

We just don't have enough people who are stoned, so states are rushing to legalize marijuana.

How about sports, the last redoubt of sanity? Well, mostly. The word "fan" is short for "fanatic."

Did you catch the "God Bless America" performance during the baseball playoff game between the Giants and Nationals in San Francisco? It was sung by a woman (pretty sure) from the cast of "Beach Blanket Babylon," who wore a huge dress and massive headpiece right out of a drag queen revue. Which is the whole point. Take something as American as apple pie and mock it, right in front of the children, like the inclusion of lewd dancing in last year's Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade.

Some Frisco sports fans were ecstatic. A blog entry: "Loved the Giants rocking the Beach Blanket Babylon look for God Bless America. This ain't Kansas anymore, Toto." Another was delighted that Nationals slugger Bryce Harper "had the most sickened look on his face" during the performance. Perhaps Mr. Harper should have been fined for taking it out on Giant pitchers.

Another entry: "Too bad we couldn't save her for the Cards series. (Middle America would love her!)"

Yes, shocking "Middle America" is what the insane, leftist, perpetually adolescent culture is all about. When its proponents get into seats of power, they even walk around like crazed children with giant gavels.

In 1971, the British rock group The Kinks released an amazingly reactionary song, "Twentieth Century Man." It laments big government and the loss of civility, sanity and true art, and it works just as well in 2014:

It's the age of insanity

What has become of the green pleasant fields of Jerusalem?

I was born in a welfare state

Ruled by bureaucracy

Controlled by civil servants

And people dressed in gray

Got no privacy, got no liberty

Cos the twentieth-century people

Took it all away from me."

At some point, we need to acknowledge that people who appear to be clinically insane are running the culture and the government, and that we need to do something about it — starting in November.

In the meantime, prayers for our country could do wonders.

Robert Knight is a senior fellow for the American Civil Rights Union and a columnist for The Washington Times.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/oct/10/knight-living-in-the-age-of-insanity/?page=3

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Obama now phoning it in — literally
[/b][/color][/size]

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/oct/12/joseph-curl-obama-now-phoning-it-in-literally/

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

It's war, not 'America's Most Wanted'

The White House minimizes the dangers posed by
Americans who leave to fight for ISIS

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/oct/13/bruce-its-war-not-americas-most-wanted/

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk