This and That...

Started by Warph, September 04, 2012, 01:52:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warph

No Joke: Obama Talks About Ways To Combat Anti-Semitism With... Turkey's Notorious Jew-Hater PM Recep Erdgogan

Erdogan and Obama

(Obuma must have a short term memory problem because it was less than two months
ago when Erdogan was bashing Israel with endless anti-Semitic comments)

Via INN:
http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/184803#.VA7yRqNGvB3

U.S. President Barack Obama on Friday urged Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan to combat anti-Semitism, the White House said in a statement.

"The President met with Turkish President Erdogan today in Newport, Wales, where both leaders were attending the NATO Summit. They exchanged views on how best to cooperate in the struggle against ISIS and violent extremism in Iraq and Syria, and on the need for strengthened measures against foreign fighters transiting to and from the battlefield," the statement said.

"They discussed the urgent need for effective pressure and diplomacy aimed at bringing to an end the conflicts in Ukraine and Libya. The President and President Erdogan also discussed the importance of building tolerant and inclusive societies and combating the scourge of anti-Semitism," it added.

Under the rule of the Islamist AKP party of Erdogan, who used to be the country's prime minister before his recent election as president, anti-Semitism has risen steadily, prompting many young Turkish Jews to leave the country.

That rising hatred has been blamed on vitriolic anti-Israel rhetoric by Turkish leaders and politicians, which often spills over into anti-Semitism.

"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Warph

--Warph

-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Warph

Pic Of The Day
Little Boy Tries In Vain To Get The Sound Of Obama's Voice Out Of His Head

(We've all been there, kid... believe me!)

Bored little boy on the Oval Office couch as U.S. President Barack Obama visits with his parents, a departing United States Secret Service agent and his wife.

--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

After Motorcylist's Death, Bike Vanishes From The Scene Before Detroit Police Arrive

(The "cousin" and "girlfriend" left the dead body in the street... how weird is that?)

Via Deadline Detroit
http://www.deadlinedetroit.com/articles/10339/after_motorcylist_s_death_bike_vanishes_from_the_scene_before_police_arrive#.VA9W7K0pC70

A very strange thing happened after a fatal motorcycle accident in Detroit on Monday: The dead man's motorcycle and belongings including his computer tablet were snatched off the street before EMS and police arrived.

Fox 2's Taryn Asher reports that witnesses said that a man who claimed to be the motorcyclist's cousin drove off with the motorcycle, that was still running, and that a woman who claimed to be the girlfriend got out of a car and took his belongings including a tablet and phone. Asher said it's not clear if the people are who they said they are.

--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

WSJ/NBC Poll: Hillary Clinton's Approval Rating Continues To Plummet, Down To 43%

(The more ol' Pants-Suit looks like a candidate, the less invincible she appears...
That graph looks a little like an illustration of Hillary's fun box)
"The candidate that would not die..."

Via WSJ:
http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2014/09/09/hillary-clintons-approval-numbers-return-to-earth-wsjnbc-poll/

The former first lady and New York senator enjoyed sky-high approval ratings during her tenure as President Barack Obama's secretary of state, but her numbers have returned to earth since she traded her perch as the nation's top diplomat for her current role as the Democrats' top presidential prospect in 2016.

The latest Wall Street Journal/NBC News poll found 43% of registered voters view Ms. Clinton positively, compared with the 41% who harbor negative views. That's a steep drop from February 2009 when 59% viewed the newly confirmed secretary of state positively and just 22% held negative views. The numbers suggest Americans are far less charitable about Ms. Clinton when she is seeking office or, in this case, merely considering it than they are about other politicians who retire from public office.
--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

'Plugs' Bidin: "The Greatest Abuse That Can Be Committed Is The Abuse Of Power"

(A$$ploding irony alert)

--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

ABC/WaPo Poll: 55% Say Obama Is Dividing America, Only 38% Say He's Uniting Us

Via Langer Research:
http://www.langerresearch.com/uploads/1162a1ThePresidentandtheMidterms.pdf

At home, with Obama holding off his promised executive action on immigration reform, a new low of just 31 percent approve of his handling of immigration. Fifty-nine percent disapprove, up by a broad 18 points from spring 2013, when progress on the issue seemed imminent.

In general assessments, moreover, Americans by a 17-point margin say Obama has done more to divide than to unite the country, a rating worse than George W. Bush's early in his poorly rated second term – and one that's deteriorated among Obama's supporters as well as among his critics. Just 43 percent call Obama a strong leader, down 11 points in the past year to the fewest of his presidency. And his overall job approval rating, at 42 percent, is a point from its all-time low this spring.

The risks to Obama's party in the November elections are great – but they're mitigated, all the same, by the Republican Party's concurrent problems. While Americans by 55- 38 percent say Obama has done more to divide than to unite the country.

--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

ISIS Forms All-Female "Al-Khansaa Brigade" To Hunt Down "Spies" Disguised As Women In Burqas

(Transgender jihadis)

(ABNA) – http://www.abna.ir/english/service/europe/archive/2014/09/09/636446/story.html#

Up to 60 women are believed to have joined the Al-Khansaa brigade, an all-women's branch of ISIL, which is believed to be based in the Syrian city of Raqqa.

The claims were made following research conducted by the US based think tank Terrorism Research and Analysis Consortium (TRAC). TRAC says the group was set up to expose people suspected of spying on ISIL by disguising themselves in women's clothing.

According to reports from the Daily Telegraph, most of the women in the Al-Khansaa brigade are between 18-24, with some joining the main military ranks of the ISIL terrorists.

Among the women militants may be the privately-educated Aqsa Mahmood, 20, from Glasgow, Scotland, who traveled to Syria in November 2013.

Last week, Mahmood's parents broadcast an appeal for their daughter to return home on the US news network CNN.

"Her last message was that 'I will see you on the day of judgment... I will take you to heaven, I will hold your hand.' That's what she said,'" her father, Muzaffar Mahmood, said.

"Our daughter is brainwashed and deluded and helping those engaged in genocide," her parents added.

The brigade's women are reportedly paid around 100 pounds (US$161) a month, according to TRAC.

While little is known about the operations of the brigade, the International Centre for the Study of Radicalisation (ICSR), based at Kings College London, says that it is likely the brigade moves in similar circles to male ISIL terrorists.
--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

--Warph

-- Warph

Ross

Wile E. Coyote

This video posted on therightscoop.com shows a hilarious attempt by ISIS nutjobs to shoot a cannon. What ensues is comical and something that one might expect to happen to Wile E. Coyote.

According to therightscoop, the words spoken as the cannon is fired is an Islamic prayer that recognizes that Allah is guiding the projectile. Apparently, Allah is not too happy with these terrorists distorting his words for their gain.

What this video demonstrates is that while the Western world remains endangered by radical Islamists such as ISIS or Al Qaeda, they are far from competent.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk