This and That...

Started by Warph, September 04, 2012, 01:52:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warph

#Stand for America – #Stand Proud: Like it or leave it!
...operators standing by!

And to think, these are voters in America. – God help us all!

"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Warph

BACON – TASTY, NUTRITIOUS, AND PISSES OFF MUSLIMS!

A Muslim women, no doubt dressed in a black garbage bag, recently complained that a sign advertising bacon in a local restaurant OFFENDED her.  Being in comm-a-nist Vermont, the restaurant took down the sign.  I'd have told her to cram a half pound of bacon sideways up her Muslim you-know-what!  As such, I'm changing my name today to ANGRY BACON-EATING SUMBITCH' WARPH.

If bacon is Kryptonite to Muslims, I'm going to start strapping it to my clothes.  You'd think, as a Muslim filly, she'd be more concerned with getting her tingly parts snipped off by her Imam or being buried in a pit and eating a steady diet of rocks for a few minutes.  But no, it's the American staple of any nutritious breakfast that offends her!  Nobody, NOBODY, will come between ME and his bacon!

Well, there are two things in this world I don't care about. And both of them are what offends savage Muslims!  So here you go, Aisha!  I suggest you go bobbing for bacon.  Several times!

....ANGRY BACON-EATING SUMBITCH' WARPH

--Warph

-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Warph

(Uh-oh and oopsie... not politically correct! You've got to know liberals across this land have got to despise this festival taking place in Ohio, let alone the advertisement itself!  Can't you just hear their teeth gnashing now... Hhhhmmmmmm?

You should read more about this situation here.  Hope you get a kick out of what's written too)

--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

Academic Org Lets Members Choose Any Of Six Genders

(Liberals love this PC nonsense almost as much as how we love to laugh at them for it.)

The American Sociological Association, the leading professional organization for American sociologists, is now granting its members much greater leeway in how to define their gender identities.  :o ::) :P

Previously, the ASA's membership surveys only allowed three choices of gender: "male," "female" and "prefer not to answer."

Now, as reported at Inside Higher Ed... https://www.insidehighered.com/quicktakes/2014/08/27/sociology-association-picks-gender-categories
...members will have no fewer than seven options for their gender choice, with the added ability to select "all that apply." The added options include "transgender male/transgender man," "transgender female/transgender woman," "genderqueer/gender non-conforming," or another "preferred identity" of their choice not explicitly named.

"Genderqueer" is defined by the Gender Equity Resource Center at the University of California-Berkeley as "A person whose gender identity is neither man nor woman, is between or beyond genders, or is some combination of genders."

The new gender choices are the end product of over a year of debate on how to expand the sociological community's gender options. In the second half of 2013, the organization planned to add categories for transgender individuals as well as an "Other" option. However, some members objected that being designated as an "other" marginalized them. Some advocated for the gender category being free-form, with members filling out a blank space however they desired.

The new gender options will not immediately come into effect, but are expected to be in place by the 2016 ASA membership year.

--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

Black On Black Killing: Unarmed 13 Year Old Shot To Death In Georgia

(Looks like Obuma needs to appoint a Urban Youth Czar)

Via WSBTV
http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/four-people-arrested-shooting-death-13-year-old/ng9G8/

Four people are now under arrest in connection with the shooting death of a Carrollton teenager.

Police say 13-year old Nizzear Rodriguez was shot to death in his grandmother's townhome while he was sleeping in his bed.

Investigators arrested 17-year old Malik Davis just hours after the murder. He made his first appearance in Magistrate Court Tuesday afternoon on murder, burglary, home invasion and weapons charges.

Police arrested three more people Tuesday afternoon. Kenneth Wheat, 21, is charged with murder and burglary. Jackquline Leann Freeman, 24, is charged with murder as well. Police think she was the getaway car driver. They charged a fourth person, Oleida Ward, 34, with making false statements during the investigation.

Police would not comment on a possible motive, but Rodriguez's family believes Davis and Wheat broke into the home to rob it.

In court, a magistrate judge stated police believe Davis stole a PlayStation out of the home.

Rodriguez celebrated his 13th birthday hours earlier, and Osorio said his grandmother was planning to take him to buy new shoes the day they discovered his body lying in bed.

--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

British ISIS Fighter: "I Would Be 'Honored' To Behead A Western Hostage,
My Hands Are Ready For This Blessed Act"

(Two very sick psyco-bastards)

Via Telegraph:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/syria/11060146/British-jihadist-boasts-that-he-would-be-honoured-to-behead-a-Western-hostage.html

Two British jihadists fighting with Islamic State forces in Syria have praised the beheading of James Foley and threatened to bring their murderous campaign back to the West.

The masked men, only their eyes visible and using the names Abu Anwar and Amu Bakr, delivered their chilling boasts via a computer video link-up with CNN.

Asked if he would be ready in the killing of a Western captive, Anwar said: "I would be more than honoured to partake in an execution like this.

"I hope God gives me the chance to do such a thing as the brother did with James Foley. Whether it be on someone like James Foley, or a soldier of Bashar [the Syrian dictator] or a soldier of America, my hands are ready to do this blessed act."

He called killing of the American journalist a "direct and justified response to the crimes of the United States against the Islamic State".

--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

IQ scores are decreasing - and some experts argue it's because humans have reached their intellectual peak

•IQs have largely increased since the 1930s thanks to better living conditions and education - a trend known as the Flynn effect

•But IQ test results suggest people in the UK, Denmark and Australia have become less intelligent in the past decade

•Opinion is divided as to whether the downwards trend is long-term  

•Some studies have shown the average IQ of Westerners has plunged 10 points or more since Victorian times and others claim it will keep decreasing

•But other experts argue that even if we are becoming more stupid, better healthcare and technology means the 'problem' will regulate itself

Are people dumber than they used to be?  [Take the 8th Grade Test from 1912 at the end of this article.  Bet you'll FLUNK it!]  Were previous generations mentally sharper than us?  You may have suspected that people are getting stupider for quite some time, but now we actually have scientific evidence that this is the case. 

As you will read about below, average IQs are dropping all over the globe, SAT scores in the U.S. have been declining for decades, and scientists have even discovered that our brains have been getting smaller over time.  So if it seems on some days like you woke up in the middle of the movie "Idiocracy", you might not be too far off.  Much of the stuff that they put in our junk food is not good for brain development, our education system is a total joke and most Americans are absolutely addicted to mindless entertainment.  Fortunately we have a lot of technology that does much of our thinking for us these days, because if we had to depend on our own mental capabilities most of us would be in a tremendous amount of trouble.

Sadly, this appears to be a phenomenon that is happening all over the planet.  As a recent Daily Mail article explained, IQ scores are falling in country after country...
Richard Lynn, a psychologist at the University of Ulster, calculated the decline in humans' genetic potential.

He used data on average IQs around the world in 1950 and 2000 to discover that our collective intelligence has dropped by one IQ point.

Dr Lynn predicts that if this trend continues, we could lose another 1.3 IQ points by 2050.

One IQ point does not sound like a lot, but when you go back even further in time the declines become a lot more dramatic.  For example, a psychology professor at the University of Amsterdam named Jan te Nijenhuis has calculated that we have lost a total of 14 IQ points on average since the Victorian Era.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2730791/Are-STUPID-Britons-people-IQ-decline.html

And we don't need a professor to tell us that this is true.  Just go back and read some of the literature from that time period.  Much of it is written at such a high level that I can barely even understand it.

There is other evidence that people are getting stupider as well.  For instance, SAT scores in the United States have fallen significantly in recent years...
http://www.collegenews.com/article/sat_scores_continue_their_downward_spiral
There appears to be a disturbing trend in American high schools. If we judge the quality of education by the scores that students get on their SATs, then it appears that things are getting worse. Since 2006, the overall average SAT score has fallen by 20 points, dropping from 1518 to 1498 in 2012. Scores are also down in each of the three categories tested, with reading dropping 9 points, mathematics dropping 4 points, and writing falling 9 points. It's a fair bet that students aren't becoming less intelligent, so exactly what is going on?

And this decline in SAT scores is not just limited to the past few years.  As the following chart from Zero Hedge demonstrates, SAT scores have been declining in America for decades...

Dumb and dumber? Evidence suggests the IQs of people in the UK, Denmark and Australia have declined in the last decade. A study by the University of Hartford claims the larger the global population becomes, the less intelligent we will be, dropping by around eight IQ points by the year 2110 - and other estimates are even more pessimistic

There are even some scientists that are convinced that this decline in the mental ability of humans goes back for thousands of years.  Some blame genetic mutations for this decline, and others point to the fact that our brains have been getting smaller.  For example, just check out what one study conducted at Cambridge University concluded...
An earlier study by Cambridge University found that mankind is shrinking in size significantly.

Experts say humans are past their peak and that modern-day people are 10 percent smaller and shorter than their hunter-gatherer ancestors.

And if that's not depressing enough, our brains are also smaller.

The findings reverse perceived wisdom that humans have grown taller and larger, a belief which has grown from data on more recent physical development.

The decline, said scientists, has happened over the past 10,000 years. They blame agriculture, with restricted diets and urbanization compromising health and leading to the spread of disease.

Most of us today just assume that people are smarter than they ever have been before.
Most of us today look down on our ancestors and mock them for being so primitive.
But the truth is that if we had to go up head to head against them in mental challenges, we might find ourselves greatly humbled.

At the end of this article, I have posted an eighth grade exam from 1912 that was donated to the Bullitt County History Museum in Kentucky.

As you can see, it is far more difficult than anything that eighth grade students have to do today.  In fact, most eighth grade students today are doing pretty good if they can point out the United States on a map of the world and can string a few sentences together.

I should know – for a short period of time I once taught eighth grade students.

So when I first came across the exam posted below, I was amazed at how difficult it was.

Could you pass such an exam?

I don't know if I could.

But these are the kinds of questions that eighth grade students were expected to be able to answer back in 1912...
-Through which waters would a vessel pass in going from England through the Suez Canal to Manila?

-How does the liver compare in size with other glands in the human body?

-How long of a rope is required to reach from the top of a building 40 feet high to the ground 30 feet from the base of a building?

-Compare arteries and veins as to function. Where is the blood carried to be purified?

-During which wars were the following battles fought: Brandywine, Great Meadows, Lundy's Lane, Antietam, Buena Vista?

A full copy of the exam is posted below.  Please notice the absence of multiple choice questions where a student can guess by circling an answer.  In the old days, kids were actually expected to be able to think and to be able to write...

--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

Video: U.S. Airstrike Takes Out Truck Full Of ISIS Fighters

(BINGO... their jihad just came to an abrupt end)

--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

Dems Apocalyptic: We're Begging, We Begged, All Hope Is Lost, We've Got Nothing Left

Drew: But I can't shake the feeling this might be just a fundraising ploy.

--Warph

-- Warph

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk