This and That...

Started by Warph, September 04, 2012, 01:52:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warph

Companies To Keep Rates Down Ahead of Midterms

(Because he's Crooked Obuma, that's why)

Via Allen West:
It was the line from The Godfather that will never be forgotten: "I'm gonna make you an offer you can't refuse." The Chicago thugocracy of Barack Hussein Obama took that tactic with health insurance companies to make them swallow Obamacare in the first place, and is now quietly bribing them to "postpone" rate hikes scheduled to come out right before the midterms.

According to Forbes.com, " Hidden in the midst of a 436-page regulatory update, and written in pure bureaucratese, the Department of Health and Human Services asked that insurance companies limit the looming premium increases for 2015 health plans. But don't worry, HHS hinted: we'll bail you out on the taxpayer's dime if you lose money. No wonder there wasn't a press release. The White House is playing politics with Americans' health care—and they're bribing health insurance companies to play along."

Ok, let me clarify: the Obama administration has sneaked in a regulatory rule update asking health insurance companies not to do their job accurately if it means higher insurance premiums. After all Obama — aka Vito Corleone — stated Obamacare would bring about an average reduction of $2500 to healthcare premiums. Now, here is the offer the insurance companies can't refuse: "even if you're losing money, we'll square it away for you" — with taxpayer dollars of course.
"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Ross

Millions of Americans installing
'perfect spying device'
in their own living rooms:
Amazon Fire TV
monitors and records your conversations

Tuesday, July 15, 2014
by Mike Adams, the Health Ranger
Tags: Amazon Fire TV, audio surveillance, perfect spying device

(NaturalNews) Amazon.com is building the CIA's new $600 million data center, reports the Financial Times. (1) At the same time Amazon.com is building this massive cloud computing infrastructure for the CIA, the company is also shipping millions of Fire TV set-top devices to customers who are placing them in their private homes. I have one myself, and it's a terrific piece of hardware for delivering Prime video content. In fact, in terms of its usability and specs, it's far superior to Roku or Netflix-capable devices. Fire TV is, hands down, the best set-top video delivery device on the market today.

But there's something about it that always struck me as odd: it has no power button. There's no power button on the remote, and there's no power button on the box. It turns out there's no way to power the device off except for unplugging it.

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/046009_Amazon_Fire_TV_audio_surveillance_perfect_spying_device.html#ixzz37jdUZ0BI

Warph

Great article, Ross.  Hope everyone read it.:
"Millions of Americans installing'perfect spying device' in their own living rooms: Amazon Fire TV monitors and records your conversations"

Checkout this article:

How the CIA Partnered With Amazon and Changed Intelligence

The intelligence community is about to get the equivalent of an adrenaline shot to the chest. This summer, a $600 million computing cloud developed by Amazon Web Services for the Central Intelligence Agency over the past year will begin servicing all 17 agencies that make up the intelligence community. If the technology plays out as officials envision, it will usher in a new era of cooperation and coordination, allowing agencies to share information and services much more easily and avoid the kind of intelligence gaps that preceded the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks.

For the first time, agencies within the IC will be able to order a variety of on-demand computing and analytic services from the CIA and National Security Agency. What's more, they'll only pay for what they use.

More at: http://www.defenseone.com/technology/2014/07/how-cia-partnered-amazon-and-changed-intelligence/88555/?oref=defenseone_today_nl
--Warph

-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Warph

New Walmart Care Clinic Launching In Two SC Locations

(Roll back prices?)

Via WISTV
Walmart is getting into the healthcare game.

A clinic will open in Sumter and Florence at the end of July that could drive down healthcare costs across the community.

If they're successful, the concept could spread.

"You hear articles and news stories all the time about how the cost of healthcare has skyrocketed, and it has. It's really a problem, and finding smart ways to get the cost down is important," said Dr. Jason Leonard with Colonial Family Practice.

Across town, you'd expect family physician Dr. Jason Leonard to fear the big-box competition, but that isn't the case.

"I really don't think so," Leonard said. "I think that it's a great thing that they're opening. I think that it really can take some pressure off the emergency room. There's so many non-emergent emergency room visits each year."

A Walmart spokeswoman told WIS a store in Florence, South Carolina and a handful in Texas will begin the pilot project called Walmart Care Clinic.

Employees will pay just $4, customers just $40 for access to medical care from screening and vaccinations to treatment of sicknesses and even chronic conditions like high blood pressure and diabetes.

"We have a nickname for these things," said Lynn Bailey with Lynn Bailey Associates. "We call them docs in a box. They're actually quite good at managing diabetics and hypertension and high cholesterol."

Bailey, a medical expert, thinks the Walmart clinics will spread as medical costs in the US continue to grow.

Total spending for healthcare reached $2.7 trillion in 2011, according to national health expenditures.

Walmart is promising a "new price position for retail health services."

"I call it convenience care," Bailey said. "It's care that fits most people's schedule. They don't have to make an appointment."

Back across town, Dr. Leonard is hoping the extra option will cut down on emergency room wait times too.

"When you go to the emergency room for a non-emergent visit, it increases the wait-time," Leonard said. "It increases resources and it also delays people who truly have an emergency from seeking care."

Walmart says the Care Clinics will accept insurance including Medicare. You can pay with cash, credit or checks.

According to the South Carolina Department of Health and Human Services, these clinics will also accept Medicaid.

Nurse practitioners will be able to write prescriptions.

The Sumter clinic is set to open on July 31

--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

American Traitor Bradley Manning Begins His Taxpayer Funded Gender Reassignment Treatment

(Bradley will become "Chelsea" and we get stuck with the bill...
sick world!  Put him/her up against the wall and shoot the traitor)

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Bureau of Prisons has rejected the Army's request to accept the transfer of national security leaker Pvt. Chelsea Manning from a military prison. So the military will begin treatment for her gender-identity condition.

A defense official said Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel has approved the Army's recommendation to keep Manning in military custody and start a rudimentary level of gender treatment.

The Army tried to get Manning transferred to the federal prison system, but officials said those discussions have ended.

Manning has been diagnosed with gender dysphoria, the sense of being a woman in a man's body. Civilian prisons can provide treatment, but the Defense Department doesn't have the medical expertise needed.

--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

WH: Yeah, Obuma's Doing Photo-Ops, Attending Fundraisers In Midst of Crisis,
But Here's A Picture of the CLOWN To Show He's Got It Under Control

(See, nothing to worry about.)

--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

CNN Reporter Calls Israelis "Scum"

(Classy stuff, CNN)

Via The Blaze:
CNN international correspondent Diana Magnay called a group Israelis "scum" Thursday as she says the group was cheering as Israel continued its aggressive action against Gaza.

"Israelis on hill above Sderot cheer as bombs land on #gaza; threaten to 'destroy our car if I say a word wrong'. Scum," Magnay tweeted. She quickly deleted the controversial post.The CNN reporter has been silent on Twitter ever since.

--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

Faux Outrage Alert: Nancy Pelosi Says It's "Stunning"
GOP Has Politicized Border Crisis

Because über-hack Nancy Pelosi never politicizes anything.

--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

Harry Reid: Illegal Immigrants Are Now "Legitimate Residents"

(Sure thing, Dingy... makes one wonder, who's more DUMBER, Pelosi or Dirty Harry)?)

Via The Hill:
Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) says immigrants who came to the country illegally at a young age are now legitimate residents and should not be deported.

Reid made the remarks in response to Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas), who is demanding that an emergency spending bill for the border reverse President Obama's 2012 order halting deportations of so-called Dreamers.

"Before Republicans help our Border Patrol agents and all the personnel trying to do something to handle this humanitarian crisis, they want President Obama to deport the Dreamers who are already here, legitimately here," he said on the Senate floor Thursday morning.

--Warph

-- Warph

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk