This and That...

Started by Warph, September 04, 2012, 01:52:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warph

My Fellow Americans,

I am a Liar!

Today we face a time of great challenges and opportunities. Our generation is confronted with both great promise and peril. The only way that we will meet these challenges is by moving forward.

Unfortunately for too long we have been held back by my political opponents who lack my courage at confronting these challenges with sensible common sense solutions developed by political activists in secretive conferences.
These racist extremists continue to divide our great nation by accusing me deceptiveness and dishonesty. They politicize every scandal involving me while refusing to accept responsibility for all the scandals about them that I have politicized.

Let me take this opportunity to address one of their slanders. It was shouted at me by a member of Congress in a moment that had no parallel since Reconstruction.

Yes I have lied. And I am not ashamed of it.
There are two schools of thought when it comes to lying. There are some who say that I should lie all the time and there are others who say that I should never lie at all.

It seems clear to me that both approaches are unrealistic.

I have far too much respect for the American people to lie to them all the time. Far too much respect. And constantly lying to the American people would undermine our system of democracy which I wholeheartedly believe to be the finest in the world.

Honestly.

But at the same time, I cannot tell the truth all the time. No elected official can.
Great presidents like Abraham Lincoln, FDR and JFK have all lied to the American people. And I think that it is shameful of my political opponents to demean history's greatest leaders by implying that there is something wrong with my constant lying.

I am reminded of Thomas Jefferson who said, "Deceit is the grease that lubricates the wheels of democracy." Or of Thomas Paine who wrote, "Never trust a president who does not lie."

We no longer live in a simple world in which there are clear differences between lies and truth. As the world becomes more complex, there are no longer easy answers. Sometimes in dealing with the difficult issues that confront us, the truth turns out to be a lie. And the lie the truth.

To tackle the challenges of a new world with its social networks of infrastructures and its intangible elements, we must lie in order to tell the truth. And we must teach our children to lie so that they will be prepared to cope with the challenges of tomorrow.
Every great man in history has also been a liar. To lie is to explore the creative possibilities that every situation has to offer. If we are going to compete for our place in history in a more complex world, we must think outside the box, we must push the limits.
We must lie!

That is why I have lied. I did not lie to protect myself. You can believe me when I say that. I lied for the greater good. I lied so that our children would have health care, so that veterans would avoid being burdened by unnecessary lifesaving tests and so that those who obstruct our common vision for a better future would be shut down by the IRS.

I lied because I believed that we are capable of more. And that is why I ask you to join me in lying for a better tomorrow.

...Your President Community Organizer,
   Barack Hussein Obuma
"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Ross

Lady Judge
Telling it
Like it is!

Warph

Best News Bloopers 2014

--Warph

-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Warph

LA Times Columnist, Robin Abcarian,  Smears #MarineHeldInMexico
Implies He Was Likely To Be Mass Shooter

TWEETER:
  Robin Abcarian ✔ @robinabcarian

Maybe Mexico did us a favor by arresting ex-Marine Andrew Tahmooressi--who had 3 loaded guns and tons of ammo http://fw.to/ogsQQnX 2:46 PM - 8 Jun 2014
Maybe we should thank Mexico for intercepting that armed ex-Marine. What authority in his or her right mind would fail to take serious action in the case of a young man who claimed to have accidentally crossed an international border with three loaded guns and enough...

Los Angeles Times @latimes
21 Retweets 5 favorites Reply

(Hey Robin? Maybe you would like to test out the Mexican justice system and sit a spell in a Mexican prison? What actual evidence do you have that Tahmoressi had any ill intent? The answer is none, as the evidence, including his 911 call, suggest otherwise.

Yet, according to Robin, there is not one shred of evidence that Bowe Bergdahl was a deserter. Black is white, Ignorance is strength and Robin sees unicorns on every corner)

Via Twitchy:
LA Times columnist Robin Abcarian thinks we should be happy that ex-Marine Andrew Tahmooressi is locked up in Mexico because he took a wrong turn:

How fervently do we wish that the Santa Barbara deputy sheriffs who checked up on Elliott Rodger after a call from his worried mother had tried to discern whether Rodger owned weapons, legal or not? How fervently do we fantasize that his grotesque rampage might never had occurred had only a deputy or two been more suspicious, more invasive, more hard-ass about whether the kid had weapons?

Abcarian would have you believe Mexico's criminal justice system is corruption free and that Tahmooressi, if not for his arrest, was the next mass shooter.

The assumptions she's making are pretty offensive. Not every combat veteran with post traumatic stress disorder is a mass murderer. Not everyone with a mental illness is violent. Not everyone who owns firearms is violent.

Eric Holder's guns have killed far more people in Mexico than have Andrew Tahmooressi's.
--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

Susan Rice's Latest Whopper: "Our Leadership Is Unmatched"

(Apparently she was able to say this with a straight face)

Colleville-sur-Mer, France (CNN) – Defending President Barack Obama's foreign policy as one of global leadership – rather than the passive stance his critics portray – National Security Adviser Susan Rice said Friday the United States was taking important steps in Syria by offering both "lethal and non-lethal" aid to the moderate opposition fighting a bloody civil war.

Critics have cited Obama's record in Syria as evidence of a failed foreign policy, saying his decision to forgo air strikes after Assad deployed chemical weapons displayed weakness to rivals.

Rice countered those claims by pointing to still-strong alliances between the U.S. and partner nations.

"I don't think the criticism has been fair," she said. "I think the fact of the matter is we're living in complex times, there are many different challenges that the United States and the world faces. But our leadership is unmatched. Our role is indispensable."

--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

House Intel Chairman: Gitmo Release Was 'Not The Only Option' To Get Bergdahl Back

(Closing GITMO five prisoners at a time)

Via NRO
House Intelligence Committee chairman Mike Rogers (R., Mich.) said this morning that the deal reached for the release of Army sergeant Bowe Bergdahl, which involved releasing five senior Taliban leaders, wasn't the only way to get him home.

"There were other options on the table — many still classified — that never even rose to the level of discussion," Rogers told ABC's George Stephanopoulos. The problem, the congressman suggested, was that the Obama administration made its decision unilaterally and didn't consult Congress, which could have suggested other options, consulted the intelligence and military communities, and more.

"This was what so angered those of us who've followed it for years — this was not the only option," Rogers said. "The administration has this theory that you're either with them or you're for thermonuclear war, and there's nothing in between. That's just wrong."

When critics of the deal have suggested that releasing five senior Taliban members was too high a price to pay for Bergdahl, the Obama administration has maintained that the U.S. military's commitment to rescue all of its members held in captivity meant that the deal was unavoidable. Rogers made it clear that he disagrees.

--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

More Patients Flocking To ERs Under ObumaCrappyCare

(Ah yes, another promise to America up in flames.  Is there nothing of this regime that is not a lie?)

Via Courier Journal:
http://www.courier-journal.com/story/news/2014/06/07/patients-flocking-emergency-rooms-obamacare/10181349/

It wasn't supposed to work this way, but since the Affordable Care Act took effect in January, Norton Hospital has seen its packed emergency room become even more crowded, with about 100 more patients a month.

That 12 percent spike in the number of patients — many of whom aren't actually facing true emergencies — is spurring the hospital to convert a waiting room into more exam rooms.

"We're seeing patients who probably should be seen at our (immediate-care centers)," said Lewis Perkins, the hospital's vice president of patient care and chief nursing officer. "And we're seeing this across the system."

That's just the opposite of what many people expected under Obamacare, particularly because one of the goals of health reform was to reduce pressure on emergency rooms by expanding Medicaid and giving poor people better access to primary care.

--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

Former Platoon Mate: "Every Single Mission" Was About Finding Bergdahl After He Deserted

(According to the White House and their fellow Dems he's nothing
but a patsy for the GOP)

Via National Review:
A former medic in Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl's platoon fired back Sunday at Obama administration claims that he and other Afghanistan veterans are exaggerating the seriousness of Bergdahl's disappearance from his post in 2009.

"Every single mission that we did was focused on finding Bergdahl," Joshua Cornelison told Fox News Sunday's Chris Wallace. "Maybe not every single mission was kicking down a door because we had intel that Bergdahl was there. But we were finding people. We were either finding locals who had said they had information about where Bowe Bergdahl was, or maybe we were just going trying to talk with locals to see if they had information about Bergdahl. But every single mission after Bowe Bergdahl left was tilted toward finding Bowe Bergdahl, every single one.

--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

Barack Obuma Marks "National Donut Day" With A Picture Of . . . Barack Obuma

(Mooch "What the hell are you eating!" Obuma unavailable for comment)
--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

Obuma Back On The Golf Course

Round #175.

Via White House Dossier:
President Obama is playing golf today at Fort Belvoir with three of his usual crew, White House aides Marvin Nicholson and Joe Paulsen and Mooch Obama, food guru Sam Kass.

It's his 18th time playing this year and outing No. 175 of his presidency.

--Warph

-- Warph

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk