This and That...

Started by Warph, September 04, 2012, 01:52:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warph

William And Mary Student Notes The White House's Indifference Towards Veterans

(Veterans are only for photo ops when the time is right)

Via College Insurrection
http://collegeinsurrection.com/2014/05/william-and-mary-student-notes-the-white-houses-indifference-towards-veterans/

If I were driving and took a wrong turn, one of the last places I would want to end up is Mexico. Yet this is exactly what happened to Sgt. Andrew Tahmooressi, a U.S. Marine who served in Afghanistan and suffers from PTSD, on the way to San Ysidro in California, which is a mere 1.7 miles from the Mexican border. TheBlaze uncovered a 911 call Andrew made shortly before being arrested in which he expressed he thought he accidentally turned into Mexico and was concerned. Unfortunately he encountered the Mexican authorities who arrested him upon realizing he held three guns in his truck, accusing him with the intent to sell.

Jill Tahmooressi, his mother, received a phone call from him that night. Andrew was under the impression it was going to be his last night on earth; a gang was threatening to rape, torture, and execute him, but somehow he was able to escape the prison. Andrew was recaptured the next day and consequently held in solitary confinement, with his arms and legs shackled to a bed. He has been held since March 31.

Jill and a number of Republican lawmakers have pressed Secretary of State John Kerry to get involved, creating a petition to the White House to have him released. The White House is not required to respond until 100,000 signatures are obtained.

I encourage everyone to sign this petition, but the reality is that our signatures should not even be necessary. Why is it that us common citizenry seem more concerned about the safe return of a war veteran than our Commander in Chief himself? And why is this story not being covered by the majority of the American media? If you search Andrew Tahmooressi's name, the entire first page is filled with several links from The Blaze, one link from CNN, one link from Boston.com, and a few from Fox News, with a special report from Greta Van Susteren.

"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Warph

Memorial Day Ceremony At American Cemetery In France

(The French paying respect to those that gave the ultimate sacrifice)

Via Stars and Stripes
http://www.stripes.com/news/memorial-day-ceremony-at-american-cemetery-in-france-1.285330#

The commander of U.S. Army Europe and the granddaughter of Gen. George S. Patton were among dignitaries in attendance at a Memorial Day ceremony Sunday at the Lorraine American Cemetery and Memorial.

Located just outside the town of St. Avold, the cemetery fans out over 113.5 acres. With its 10,489 graves, it is where the largest number of American dead from World War II rest in Europe.

Among those in attendance at the ceremony were Lt. Gen. Donald Campbell Jr., USAREUR commander; Andre Wojciechowski. the mayor of St.-Avold; Helen Patton, granddaughter of the famed World War II general; and various French and U.S. military units.

--Warph

-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Warph

Flags In: Troops honor fallen at Arlington ahead of Memorial Day

ARLINGTON, Va. — It was a simple but meaningful process repeated on hallowed ground about 220,000 times on Thursday: Toe of the combat boot placed against the center of a headstone, flag planted at the heel.

With that small gesture, about 1,000 soldiers paid respects as they fanned out at Arlington National Cemetery ahead of Memorial Day weekend, each pausing to stake an American flag into the soil of each grave to honor those buried there.

"They've given the ultimate sacrifice for their country," said Pvt. Juan Garcia. "We wouldn't be able to live the lifestyle that the entire country does if it wasn't for the men and women we're honoring today.

"It's not something that should be taken lightly. It's an actual person that died. That's someone's brother, someone's sister, someone's mom or dad."

The participating soldiers were all members of the Old Guard. The event is known as the "Flags In" ceremony and has taken place annually since 1948, when the Old Guard was designated as the Army's ceremonial unit.

The soldiers also placed flags at the cemetery's columbarium, which holds cremated remains. Four flags were also placed at the Tomb of the Unknowns.

The flags will remain throughout the holiday weekend until Tuesday.

And despite the holiday usually being celebrated with cookouts, Staff Sgt. Francisco Armenta said he hoped that everyone would take a minute to remember those who have sacrificed their lives.

"It's not just for barbecues, beaches, anything like that," Armenta said. "It's to remember the soldiers that fell in the past."

--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

*** Memorial Day's history began with the Civil War
By Rob Nikolewski 
New Mexico Watchdog/http://watchdog.org/145616/memorial-day-history/

Originally called Decoration Day, the Memorial Day holiday officially recognizes all who died as members of the U.S. armed forces.

It's not to be confused with Veterans Day, which celebrates all who have served or are serving, living or dead.

Memorial Day had its beginnings at the end of the Civil War, when the North and South went about commemorating the dead who fell in what remains the bloodiest war in American history.

An estimated 620,000 soldiers died. That's more than 200,000 more who died in World War II.

And another 1.1 million were wounded between 1861 and 1865. Those are staggering figures for a nation that, at the outbreak of the Civil War, numbered 31 million.

To put that in perspective, if you adjust those figures to the population in the U.S. today (315 million), it would translate into well more than 6 million dead and 11 million wounded.

One of the survivors of the Civil War was Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr., who, as a Union officer, was thrice wounded at the Battle of Ball's Bluff, Antietam,and Chancellorsville, respectively. Holmes later became a member of the U.S. Supreme Court.

Holmes gave a Memorial Day speech on May 30, 1884, in Keene, N.H., where he concluded by saying:
"Our dead brothers still live for us, and bid us think of life, not death — of life to which in their youth they lent the passion and joy of the spring. As I listen, the great chorus of life and joy begins again, and amid the awful orchestra of seen and unseen powers and destinies of good and evil our trumpets sound once more a note of daring, hope, and will."
--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

***The Path of the Warrior***

Memorial Day means different things to different people. For many, it is the start of the summer season, an annual trip to the beach, a 3-day weekend, or a great excuse for a barbeque. In my family, it meant more.

I grew up in a military family. My father and grandfathers served. Every couple of years we would move to a new base and start the process of finding new friends and sometimes finding old ones from earlier postings.

I was 8 years old when my father went to serve in Vietnam. I was too young to understand the politics at the time, but I remember being angry at people I saw on television saying that soldiers in Vietnam were bad people. MY Dad wasn't. I remember being afraid when I saw the green military sedan driving past and we would stop playing and watch to see if it was going to someones house the green sedan stopping meant somebody's father was dead or hurt. I remember not knowing what to say to a friend that had lost his father and feeling guilty because I was so happy it wasn't my Dad.

I have long wanted to do something to honor, not only my father and all those that have served their country in the military, but also the families that stay behind and wait. This video, The Path of the Warrior, is a small token of my respect and gratitude. I hope you will forward this letter, or at least the video link, to all those you know who either serve in the armed forces or wait behind.

What will I do this Memorial Day? I have not been to a parade since my children were little. In truth, I will probably be working on one of Humanity Healing's projects and it is a good excuse for a barbecue; but at some point during the day, I will send a prayer of protection to those currently serving and their families, I will say a Blessing to those who did not return and a pray of comfort to their families, and I know that the fears of my eight year-old self will well up from the part of my soul they are hidden and I will say a prayer of gratitude that my Dad was one of those who did return.

Much Metta,
Christopher Buck
CEO
Humanity Healing International
http://humanityhealing.org

--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

This is dedicated to all the men and women who have fought and continue to fight for our freedoms. Thank you!!!

--Warph

-- Warph

Ross

Ouch: Less Than 25%
of West Point Cadets
Stood Up For Obama
After He Was Introduced
Posted on Wednesday, May 28th, 2014 at 7:19 pm.
by: Thomas Jefferson

President Obama was welcomed by the Black Knight of the Hudson for his speech at West Point on Wednesday, but less than 25 percent of the cadets gave him a standing ovation upon his introduction, the Daily Mail reported.

"Receiving tepid applause and a short standing ovation from less than one-quarter of the audience upon his introduction, Obama argued for a contradictory foreign policy that relies on NATO and the United Nations while insisting that 'America must always lead on the world stage,' the paper reported.

During his speech, which the Wall Street Journal called "consistent with that of every post-Cold War administration," the president also took a swipe at critics, saying: "I believe in American exceptionalism with every fiber of my being. But what makes us exceptional is not our ability to flout international norms and the rule of law; it's our willingness to affirm them through our actions."

http://www.conservativeinfidel.com/uncategorized/ouch-less-25-west-point-cadets-stood-obama-introduced/

Warph

FREE ELECTRICITY

"Electric Power is Everywhere Present In Unlimited Quantities, It Can Drive The World's Machinery Without The Need Of Coal, Oil, Gas Or Any Other Fuel"
---Nikola Tesla

Now, what if there was a way to get Unlimited FREE Amounts of Energy whenever you want?

Nikola Tesla Built Free Energy Devices that pull Energy from the Atmosphere! Find Out How You Can Build Them Too!
Over 100 years ago Nikola Tesla discovered the secret of how to pull free radiant energy from the atmosphere, magnetic energy from the earth and cosmic energy from space for electrical power. What happened to these discoveries? Why aren't they in widespread use by now? At the time, J.P. Morgan wouldn't back him because he couldn't figure out a way to charge for it. Who owns the patents now? Does the government hold then to keep them out of production? Even if they do, you can still build these devices for yourself for less money and with less difficulty than you might think.
Check it out...
http://freeenergysolution.org

"The man with a new idea is a crank until the idea succeeds."--Samuel Langhorne Clemens (Mark Twain)

For a FREE Energy Times newsletter subscription go to
http://tinyurl.com/bv5bvll

Classic Energy Videos at
http://tinyurl.com/cyzst38

#NikolaTesla #FreeEnergyDevices #EnergyfromtheAtmosphere

--Warph

-- Warph

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk