This and That...

Started by Warph, September 04, 2012, 01:52:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warph

CNN: "Heads Exploding" In Biden's Office As Top Obama Admin Officials Begin Preparing Staff For Hillary Clinton's Presidential Run

(Except for Biden's head, it lacks the brain required to explode)

Via WFB:
http://www.mediaite.com/tv/cnn-heads-exploding-in-bidens-office-after-obama-admin-begins-prep-for-hillary-2016/

CNN reporter Peter Hamby said a report out of today's Wall Street Journal indicating the White House is trying to organize meetings to prep Hillary Clinton's staff for a 2016 run must be causing consternation in Vice President Biden's office.

"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Warph

Pew Poll:
Americans Want Keystone Pipeline Approved By More Than Two-To-One Margin, 61%-27%

(Even a plurality of Dems (49%) want it approved)

Via Pew Research:
As the Obama administration deliberates over whether to allow the Keystone XL pipeline to be built, the proposed pipeline continues to draw broad support from the public. Currently, 61% favor building the pipeline while 27% are opposed. These views have changed little over the past year.

As previous surveys on the pipeline proposal have found, there is far more support for constructing the pipeline among Republicans (84% favor) and independents (61%) than among Democrats. About half of Democrats (49%) favor building the pipeline while 38% are opposed.

The new national survey by the Pew Research Center, conducted Feb. 27-Mar. 16 among 3,335 adults, provides an opportunity for a detailed look at differences among Democrats on this issue. Opposition to building the pipeline is most widespread among highly educated Democrats, liberals and those with high family incomes.

--Warph

-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Warph

Obuma Plans Summer Vacation As Putin Invades Ukraine

(So... what else is new)

Posted on Wednesday, March 19, 2014, 12:59 PM
by Kristinn Taylor

Baracketology 2014
President Barack Obama, weary from putting his NCAA men's and women's basketball tournament brackets together for ESPN, is reported to be already planning his summer vacation.

The Boston Herald reported Wednesday that an advance team is scouting Martha's Vineyard for suitable housing for Obama, his family and entourage for his annual summer vacation in the second week of August.

The Obama family has taken monthly vacations this year, some together, but most apart. First Lady Michelle Obama stayed behind in Hawaii at the end of the annual family Christmas/New Year's vacation.

In February President Obama spent Washington's Birthday weekend golfing in California while Michelle Obama and their two daughters skied in Colorado.

The Obama family spent a long weekend in the Florida Keys this month.

This week, Michelle Obama, her mother Marion Robinson and the Obama daughters are taking a closed-press vacation to China.

In a press briefing given Monday, Obama officials refused to say who was paying for the Obama family's China vacation:

Question: Hey, guys. Following up on Bloomberg's question, can you tell me, does the White House or does the First Family reimburse the U.S. government for the cost of the children and the grandmother going on this trip? And is there any expectation of any protests in any of these areas while the First Lady is in China?
MS. TCHEN: Well, again, it's similar to Ben's question. We are not discussing or disclosing information regarding the details of the logistics of the trip. And as for protests, I'll let Ben take that one."

--Warph

-- Warph

Ross

Let me see if I have this right......
Ukraine buys almost all its energy (natural gas)from Russia. Revenue
from natural gas sales are a primary source of income for Russia.
Because of the recent disagreement between Ukraine and Russia, Russia
is raising the price of natural gas it sells to Ukraine. Ukraine is
almost broke and can't afford the increase in the natural
gas price because it would be forced into bankruptcy. Obama(the USA)
just announced the United States is giving Ukraine $1
billion to assist in paying for the higher priced natural gas it buys
from Russia. So, the United States is actually giving Russia $1 billion
because the money is just passing through Ukraine.

The first question:
Has Putin figured out a way to raise the price of
his natural gas sales and make the U.S. pay for the increase?

Next question:
Was he really in the KGB or was he a commodities trader?

If this analysis is accurate, Putin just got Obama(the USA) to pay him
$1 billion by holding a press conference and trucking some troops
across town from the Russian Navy base in Ukraine.

Who is the smartest
guy in the room now?

Warph

Local Kansas Subaru Dealer Finds Clever Way To Counter Union Intimidation

(LOL...The Union is playing marbles while Subaru is playing chess)

Via Legal Insurrection:
http://legalinsurrection.com/2014/03/local-kansas-subaru-dealer-finds-clever-way-to-counter-union-intimidation/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+LegalInsurrection+%28Le%C2%B7gal+In%C2%B7sur%C2%B7rec%C2%B7tion%29

It has been a longstanding tactic of labor organizations to protest in front of places of business in order to draw attention to union grievances, as well as to deter potential customers from utilizing the establishment.

The vigor of these protests can range anywhere from a wild raucous affair, to the downright sad and pathetic.

This time, however, one Wichita area Subaru dealership has managed to turn a union protest into a funny form of free advertisement.

According to The Wichita Eagle, the United Brotherhood Of Carpenters And Joiners Of America Local 201 began a standard protest outside Subaru of Wichita last week with a "Shame on Subaru of Wichita" sign legally placed on the highway right-of-way in front of the dealership. (The union, which has not specified its exact complaint, may have been upset that the dealership's contractor hired a non-union shop for renovations.)

The dealership responded instead with its own sign, turning the union's charge into one of "having unbeatable prices." Because the sign rests in the right-of-way, neither sign can be anchored in the ground — they must be held up by people, which Subaru of Wichita says on its Facebook page has been handled by student volunteers so far. (Other carpentry unions often recruit and pay their protestors, since the carpenters themselves have jobs to fill.)

Well played, Subaru of Wichita.

This isn't the first time the union has engaged in intimidation campaigns similar to this.
In early 2013, again citing vague grievances about noncompliance with "area labor standards," there were a handful of similar incidents in the Wichita area.

The Carpenters Local 201 are behind the signs and protests outside of Wichita State, the YMCA, and Central Christian Church to name a few. They claim non-union contractors aren't paying standard wages and benefits for the area.

"It's more frustrating because the contractors and owners are dealing with it," says Danny Satterfield, owner of Danny Satterfield Drywall.

His drywall company is the reason protesters stand outside Wichita State.  He received a letter from the union claiming it investigated the wages and benefits he pays. That investigation, the letter says, concluded wages and benefits Satterfield pays are less than the established area standard.

And how exactly do these unions conduct these so-called investigations of private companies? In a word: hearsay.

"We verify in the field with the workers," says the protester.  He wouldn't say how much the workers are paid, or what is considered a "fair wage."

Clearly, this union is nothing new to Wichita area residents and businesses.

It's nice to see one company has been able to find a clever, lighthearted way around these classic labor intimidation tactics.

Indeed, the car dealership's signs were so successful that the union decided to move their sign to the other side of the right-of-way, so the Subaru counter-protest sign would no longer make sense.

Well, Subaru of Wichita found a way around that, too.

--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

Pelosi: You Must Say "Affordable, Affordable, AFFORDABLE!!!"

Here is mindless Pelosi dressing down a reporter who dared call Obumacare, "Obumacare" instead of the Affordable Care Act.  But the video itself is priceless as Pelosi, in typical nut-crazy fashion, repeats "Affordable" over and over again, as though saying it would make it so.

(Click your heels three times while facing west, and it will still be the most UnAffordable Uncaring Act ever passed, Miss Goofy)

--Warph

-- Warph

Ross

And I do not want to be a part of Agenda 21
or the New World Order

Ross

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk