Ebay

Started by Janet Harrington, December 11, 2006, 11:58:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Janet Harrington

I want you all to go to this link and see what this vendor wants someone to pay for a vintage postcard (1912?) from main street Howard, Kansas.  This is ridiculous.  Copy and paste the link into your address bar.  If it doesn't work, go to www.ebay.com and just put in Howard, Kansas.

http://cgi.ebay.com/RP-Bank-Shops-Dirt-Main-St-Howard-Kansas-1912_W0QQitemZ6281139530QQihZ010QQcategoryZ922QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

CrumCowgirlMama

:o      Oh my....That's outrageous...The people are from South Carolina, I noticed. That's quite a ways from Howard!

Janet Harrington

That's what I'm saying.  Just flat stupid.

Mom70x7

And shipping is $2; insurance $3

You can see the bank, and in the background, there's another view of the Metropolitan.

Janet Harrington

Yep.  It's neat.  Would you pay $42.00 for it?

MarineMom

A couple of years ago someone was selling "10 sheets of fax paper" on ebay the seller described white paper and said he would waive the shipping and fax the paper to the winning bidder for free, he had a bid of $1.50 a sheet before ebay pulled the sale :o

W. Gray

It is not on Ebay but

a Pittsburg, Ks, bookstore is selling a copy of Elk County, A Narrative History of Elk County and Its People. The book is listed as in "very good" condition and goes for $156.25. They are still availabe locally for $25.

http://www.alibris.com/search/detail.cfm?S=R&bookbin=8602879799&bid=8602879799&siteID=xoZraCfY0Ik-dS34rjN6n._931qvRV6UyQ
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

genealogynut

Whoever pays that outlandish price for the Elk County History Book, is getting a guaranteed rip-off job.

Janet Harrington

Actually, my Mother just bought 2 and they were $20.00 a piece.  The Benson Museum still has some left.

Ms Bear

How can I order one of the books on Elk County.  I think that would make a good Christmas present to me.  I am serious about ordering one so if one of you wonderful people would let me know who to order it from I would appreciate it.

Does it have the picture in it that you are talking about?  1912 was the year my father was born in Elk County.

Thanks Pat

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk