Moving to Elk County

Started by okiemon, December 10, 2006, 05:40:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

okiemon

Does anybody know of any three bedroom houses to rent in Longton,Moline or Howard?
My wife starts to work at Independence Comunity Collage Jan. 1 and I may have a job in Longton
(I hope ). Neither one of us wants to live in Independence but, we've yet to find anything in Elk County.
If anybody knows of a place, reply to this post or talk to my dad or brother, Larry or Mike Mitchell.

Wished I was back in Elk County.
Rick Mitchell

Wilma

Doesn't everyone wish they were in Elk County.  I came back after leaving it in 1949 and living in other places, the last 27 years in Sedgwick County.  Now there is a county to get out of and stay out of.  You are practically a native.  Here's hoping you can find something close.  Don't know of anything myself but this Forum covers a lot of territory.

Mom70x7

Does anyone know if Anita Hatfield's house is rented? It was sold at auction, but I don't know what the plans are for it.

Janet Harrington

It is rented by one of the EMT's that works for the EMS.  I cannot think of anything, but it would be worth calling the City of Howard - 620-374-2202, Judy Nungessor - 620-374-2400.  Maybe there is something with the HUD Housing that could be a temporary place to live - 620-374-2813.  Howard Unruh is a landlorad - 620-374-2818 and Bonnie Helms is also a landlord, but I don't know her number.  She lives in Howard.

Janet Harrington

Leah Jackson' house on south Chestnut is for sale.  It is 3 bedroom, 2 bath, prefab home.  Don't know how old it is.  They want $50,000 for it.  I think it sits on a city lot????   I saw the ad out at Toot's, so have your dad look for the ad at P & J's.  I can't even remember what the name of the realty company is, but it is not a local company.

michael_glenn

Quote from: Janet Harrington on December 14, 2006, 10:10:30 PM
Leah Jackson' house on south Chestnut is for sale.  It is 3 bedroom, 2 bath, prefab home.  Don't know how old it is.  They want $50,000 for it.  I think it sits on a city lot????   I saw the ad out at Toot's, so have your dad look for the ad at P & J's.  I can't even remember what the name of the realty company is, but it is not a local company.

...it must be that one, is it really in "ready to move in" condition, how it seems at the pics ?

http://www.realtor.com/FindHome/HomeListing.asp?snum=2&locallnk=yes&frm=bymap&mnbed=0&mnbath=0&mnprice=0&mxprice=99999999&js=off&pgnum=1&fid=so&stype=&mnsqft=&mls=xmls&areaid=80210&poe=realtor&ct=Howard&st=KS&sbint=&vtsort=&sorttype=&typ=1&typ=3&typ=2&typ=4&x=62&y=11&sid=07D1CAB8E446C&snumxlid=1065120071&lnksrc=00002

JERRY JACKSON

office: (316) 942-1925
Mobile: (316) 214-3795
fax: (316) 943-1311

...it´s never too fast and heaven can wait till I die.

Janet Harrington

I would say, yes, it is move in condition.  I doubt that Leah Jackson misused anything and from the pics on the real estate page, it looks like it is ready to move into.  I think it would be a great place to have.  I just think the price is too high.

michael_glenn

Quote from: Janet Harrington on December 30, 2006, 05:48:15 PM
I would say, yes, it is move in condition.  I doubt that Leah Jackson misused anything and from the pics on the real estate page, it looks like it is ready to move into.  I think it would be a great place to have.  I just think the price is too high.

thank you for that information, i´m looking for an object like that one or a lot with an old but cosy cabin for recreation and more, but isn´t to find often at real estate web pages .

is it your shepherd at the pic?

Janet Harrington

Yes, that is Colonel.  He goes to work with me everyday at the Wilson County Jail, Fredonia, Kansas.  Colonel is my third German Shephard that I have raised.  He is 2 years old and weighs in at 94.4 lbs.  He is about the most gentlest dog I have ever seen.  He loves everyone and he thinks everyone should love him.

michael_glenn

Quote from: Janet Harrington on December 31, 2006, 07:05:33 PM
Yes, that is Colonel.  He goes to work with me everyday at the Wilson County Jail, Fredonia, Kansas.  Colonel is my third German Shephard that I have raised.  He is 2 years old and weighs in at 94.4 lbs.  He is about the most gentlest dog I have ever seen.  He loves everyone and he thinks everyone should love him.

he looks very nice, but the image is very small, please...do you have greater pics?:-)

my one is five years old weighs 48 kg, i didn´t find a formula or table for lbs.
brisko that´s his name isn´t really friendly, only to his family and his neighbors.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk