Riddle Me This...

Started by Warph, August 20, 2012, 08:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wilma

It has to go counter clockwise, doesn't it?  I can't remember ever seeing one that didn't.

ddurbin

For what it's worth, Wikipedia says that most merry-go-rounds (carousels) in the UK and Europe go clockwise, while most in North America go counter-clockwise.  No mention of those in Asia or the entire Southern Hemisphere.

Dee Gee

QuoteWay to go, girls... correctomondo.  Here's another:

"When set loose, I fly away. Never so cursed, as when I go astray. What am I?" 

Answer  A FART
Learn from the mistakes of others You can't live long enough to make them all yourself

Diane Amberg

Wilma,I've ridden both.  Go back and reread the riddle.You can figure it out.

Diane Amberg

Warph

Gossip ???? No.  DG got it right.   :laugh:  

Answer:
 Middle English: ferten, farten; akin to Old High German ferzan: to break wind, Old Norse: freta; Greek perdesthai & Sanskrit pardate: he breaks wind; English: fart

(Rules: No cheating  :o  and stay off the internet for the answer...  :P  :-\  :(
....use the ol' noggin  ;D ) :

Okay... here is one that is faily simple... more so than it looks like.

"This is a most unusual paragraph - and so is its companion paragraph that follows. This writing may annoy you until you find out why it is so unusual, for you won't find a solution instantly. But don't go into a tailspin about it, for it isn't that difficult. But you will admit that it is most unusual. This writing looks so ordinary that you might think that nothing is worng with it. And, in fact, nothing is wrong with it. But it is unusual, and you must ask why.

If you study and think about it, you may find out why, but you must do it without any coaching of any kind. No doubt if you work at it for long, it will dawn on you...who knows? So start to study it now, and try your skill at finding out what is so unusual about this writing. If you can do it in half an hour, you may claim an approach to wisdom, but if you can't do it in half an hour...find our solution."
"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Wilma

Well, one thing that is wrong with it is the spelling of wrong in the 5th sentence.

Diane Amberg

The answers aren't there. So I don't know what DG said.  OK, I just read the others. and I can find no letter e.  I still haven't seen any of the answers that others wrote, it's just a line.

Warph

Answer: The letter "e" is not used once. This is unusual because "e" is the most common letter in the English alphabet.

Very good, Wilma.  Nice try but.... no cigar.  :laugh:

Hmmmm....   :o  I wonder how Diane got the answer so fast?  Hmmmm....?   :laugh:

Try This:
"Walk over the living, they don't even mumble; walk over the dead, they mutter and grumble. What am I?"
"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Dee Gee

Diane get your reading glasses on, the question and answer are both there, just small.
Learn from the mistakes of others You can't live long enough to make them all yourself

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk