Mystery in the Kitchen

Started by Wilma, August 19, 2012, 02:35:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wilma

Have you ever had something happen that totally mystified you?  Something in your very own house, in your domain?  Were you concerned because you couldn't catch the culprit(s)?

Well, I have.  Someone was neatly folding my kitchen towel and leaving it on the edge of the sink.  Not being a neatnik, I wouldn't think of doing such a thing.  Au contraire, I just wad it up and toss it at the nearest flat surface.  But this neatly folded towel was beginning to bother me because I could never catch anyone doing it.  Then one day I did catch the person who was doing it.  Want to guess or should I just tell you?  Might as tell you, as I won't be happy until I do.

It was me.  I was drying my hands, folding the towel very neatly and placing it on the edge of the sink.  Surprised?  I was.  Somewhere in my dotage I have developed a sense of neatness.  It just slipped up on me.  I never intended to become a fanatic but I am afraid that is where I am headed.  HELP!

Janet Harrington

Diane Amberg

I'm told some really good chocolate helps cure that.

readyaimduck

Trying to "Tidy up loose ends" are you?  It's accepatable in Elk County.
Please do NOT move to Greenwood....that is UNacceptable!

We like our towels and panties in a wad!  :)
ready

Ms Bear

I'm just glad you caught the culprit.  That would be enough to keep you awake at night.

Wilma

The Mystery of the Disappearing Coffee

This is a true story.  My coffee was disappearing.  That cup of coffee that you take with you when you sit down to read the paper.  I was completing my morning kitchen duty, pouring a cup of coffee, placing it on the table beside my recliner, transferring from my wheels to the recliner, turning on my reading light, reading the paper, then picking up my cup of coffee only to find it empty.

Remembering my recent towel debacle, I decided to pay more attention to just what I was doing, so------

I completed my morning kitchen duty, poured a cup of coffee, placed it on the table beside my recliner, transferred myself from my wheels to my recliner, turned on my reading light, picked up my cup of coffee----uuuuummmmm?  Do you suppose?

Ms Bear

I thought that was what you had Bud for.  To blame all these things on. 

Janet Harrington

So, what was happening to the coffee, Mother?

Wilma

Didn't you read every word?  Didn't you compare the first part to the second part?  Did you not catch the difference in what I did after I turned on the reading light?

Ms. Bear, I blame Bud for the bumps in the night.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk