The Romney/Ryan Express

Started by Warph, August 13, 2012, 08:34:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warph

Wrong, Diane.  The Romney campaign was aware of the limitations stated by the National Red Cross organization but then learned that the South Jersey chapter of the Red Cross IS accepting donations of canned goods and other supplies.  The Romney campaign did what they were supposed to by contacting a local agency and confirming the goods could be sent and made arrangements directly with the South Jersey chapter of the Red Cross.  

True, in most disaster cases, the Red Cross usually wants money and/or blood donations.  But as it is, people in NJ are raiding dumpsters for food... so the south chapter is glad to take what they can get.  So far, there has been very little help if any from the government that "We the People, the Tax-Payer" own.  Mitt Romney has a long history of helping others... ie: closing his Bain company to search for a missing girl... et cetera, et cetera.  Check: Reply No. #35 of this thread:
7 Incredible Personal Stories About Mitt Romney That You May Not Know.

"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Diane Amberg

Thanks. All I wanted was information that anybody else might have run across as to what was really going on. It matters to me.  Has anything else been verified about making the donations look like they were coming from the rally attendees rather then $5,000.00 from Mitt himself?
   I know Mitt is a very generous person. He can afford to be and as a Mormon he would and should be. It's a big part of their belief system. I've read all the articles too.     
     Jar, Al will agree with your post whole heartedly. He has no love for Red Cross in terms of their fund raising. The volunteers of course are great.

Warph

Final Romney Rally Rocks New Hampshire: 10K Overflow Crowd At 11PM

Mitt Romney closed his campaign in the state where it began -- New Hampshire -- in front of a raucous, energetic, and enthusiastic crowd of over 10,000 at the Verizon Center. Thousands more people were outside of the arena, unable to get into the event.

Romney predicted, "Tomorrow, your votes and work here in New Hampshire will help me become the next president of the United States."

Obama won New Hampshire by 10 points in 2008 but is essentially tied with Romney heading into Election Day, with momentum on Romney's side.

Romney claimed Obama was "offering excuses" while he offered an alternative plan — that Obama wants "to settle" while he could not wait to get started.

"Americans don't settle," Romney beamed. "We aspire and build."

Romney maintained Obama "says it has to be this way, I say it can't stay this way."

"Tomorrow, we get to work rebuilding our country," Romney said.

Romney said Election Day would be a moment of "renewal, purpose, and optimism" for America once he is elected.

Romney and Ryan have been drawing massive crowds in Ohio, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, and Minnesota in the closing days of the campaign. The Republican challengers have expanded the electoral map while Democrats have played defense in states Obama won by ten points in 2008. ]

On Tuesday, Romney will make stops in Cleveland, Ohio and Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania on Election Day.
[/size

Obuma?  He'll be sitting on his ass watching msnbc, listening to the clowns saying how great he is.

--Warph

-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

jarhead

Unbelievable ---go to vote here in Longton at 0900 and the line to show photo ID and get your ballot was 7 deep----never before have I had to stand in a line---one of the workers said it had been that way since they opened at 0700 , and before they opened the doors, people were outside knocking, wanting in to vote. The best part was there were no Blank Panthers standing outside with  clubs & pipes, trying to intimidate the white voters.

Warph

"Success is a public affair. Failure is a private funeral. Not by lamentations and mournful chants ought we to celebrate the funeral of a good man, but by hymns, for in ceasing to be numbered with mortals he enters upon the heritage of a diviner life."

--Warph

-- Warph

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk