Happy Birthday LarryJ

Started by Warph, August 12, 2012, 02:03:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warph

Careful... don't set yourself on fire with that
birthday cake.  Happy 169th Birthday, ol' buddy!
"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Diane Amberg

Happy Birthday Larry. I've got my fire extinguisher if ya need it for all those candles. Hugs and smooches to a good friend.

Ms Bear

Happy Birthday, hope it has been an interesting day.

Ole Granny

Happy Birthday, Larry!  Hope it was a grand day!
"Perhaps they are not the stars in the sky.
But rather openings where our loved ones,
Shine down to let us know they are happy."
Eskimo Legend

larryJ

Thanks for the birthday wishes.  It was a quiet day with just the two of us and wife's cousin.  A great day to stay in out of the heat and just take it easy.  We did venture out for dinner at a favorite Mexican restaurant. 

@Warph, I don't know how you got that picture of me, but it is an old one, maybe five years old or so. 

Because I now share this day with #2 granddaughter, I am used to her getting all the attention.  I don't mind.  I have had a lot of birthdays and she should be the one to be honored.  When my daughter asked her what kind of theme she wanted for her big day she said, "Yellow."  This meant all the decoration were mostly yellow and we all had to wear something yellow.  So she got a lot of presents and all the usual birthday stuff like the cake and ice cream.  There was a "jumpie" set up in the back yard, but the temperature was just too much for them to play in it and I don't think they minded.  There was a splash pool under a big cover in the front and they did play in the water.  My son, who had ridden his bike for 13 miles to our house, was probably glad when my daughter decided to drown him with the hose.  My beautiful and creative daughter-in-law cut a watermelon so that it looked like a shark's head just sticking out of the water, complete with teeth.  Cutting the teeth was the hard part having to cut a slit deep enough to remove the green rind and leaving the white part of the rind which she notched like teeth.  The innards of the melon were cubed and stuffed into the shark's mouth.  She is just too good at that stuff!  Once the kids opened all the presents, they took off to a bedroom to play and then it was my turn.  My son and daughter sat on either side of me and gave me a card and my daughter handed me a gluten-free cupcake with two candles.  Without thinking, I leaned forward and blew out the candles.  I say that because it didn't occur to me until this morning that I had an oxygen hose in my nose and leaned into the candles!  Lucky I didn't blow my face up! ::)

All in all a good day.

Thanks again.

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

patyrn

Sounds like you had a good day!!! Happy Belated Birthday!

Diane Amberg

If your oxygen was set on two or three and your cannula was up your nose there wouldn't have been too much danger....but don't do it again! ;) Sounds like you all had a fun day.
  We rent two of those bounce houses and have pony rides for our fire company family picnic and we never see the kids near the adults all afternoon. They sure are popular.

Janet Harrington

Wow. 169 years old. Happy Birthday.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk