Full moon watch

Started by Clubine Ranch, August 01, 2012, 08:58:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clubine Ranch

Dale is sitting in the frontroom munching on popcorn gazing out the window at the beautiful full moon. He says he sees a WWll soldier in his hat. I walked out on the porch and looked at the same beautiful moon and I see a mother holding up her baby. What do you see?
On the news they reported we will get to enjoy two full moons this month. Happy gazing!!!!!!!!!!

Wonder why I have to go back to this to write something new.
Oh well...Myrna, yes it sure is enjoyable to sit back and look at nature and all its beauty and peace.

frawin

Barbara, we were up shortly after 5:00 A.M. and the moon was beautiful in the clear sky with all the stars and planets shining brightly too!  We sure enjoyed our morning coffee this A.M.

Myrna

Clubine Ranch

Hee, hee I found the reply button. How fun does it get?

Warph

Here in Arizona we see and hear this quite often at night... from coyotes to dogs
howling at the moon:

"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

larryJ

August 2012 is a month with two full moons. And, by popular acclaim, that means it's a Blue Moon month. That's because a Blue Moon is sometimes defined as the second full moon in a calendar month. The first full moon is August 1. The second full moon is August 31, 2012. ;D

Larryj

HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

Diane Amberg

That is exactly how my previous cat, "Blue Moon" got his name.It was a blue moon month.

Warph

"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

sixdogsmom

When the full moon rose in Oklahoma last night, it was bloody red. Reflections from all the fires around I think. We were near a couple of the fires yesterday; the one east of Oklahoma City was huge, and we coughed and sputtered as ashes were blown all across the area. Late last night we were near Hinton west of Oklahoma City. Had to detour to get home as the highway was closed due to fire in the area around Geary again. It about burned that area out the night before. Kinda skeery if you know what I mean. Makes you think about what fragile creatures we really are in the face of disaster. My heart goes out to those who lost their homes yesterday, and any day that senseless things like this happen. They are saying that the fire east of OKC was set on purpose. I just do not understand that kind of thinking!  :P :P
Edie

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk