DEWEY, Jimmie W. "Jim" - b. July 22, 1935 - d. July 16, 2012

Started by patyrn, July 19, 2012, 10:36:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

patyrn

Jimmie W. Dewey, 76, of Wichita, Kansas, passed away peacefully on July 16, 2012 surrounded by his wife and daughters after a courageous 4-year battle with cancer.  He was born July 22, 1935 in Independence, Kansas.

His career began at Boeing Company where he worked ten years.  He then attended Wichita State University, graduating in 1972.  Upon graduation, he was employed by Cargill Corporation as a Corporate Accountant until retirement in July of 1993.  His deepest love was his family who always came first in his life.  He had a great passion for the outdoors and was an avid fisherman, hunter, and sportsman.  Accomplishing many successes, he was steadfast with his loyalty, wit, and good nature.

Survivors include his loving wife of 57 years, Myrtle; daughters, Rhonda Conley and Janet (Michael) Burnah; sister, Judy Dewey; and grandchildren, Gavin Conley, Stephanie (Davide) Riddle, Darin Conley, and Clayton Burnah.

Celebration of Life services will be a t 11:00 a.m. Monday, July 23, 2012 at Riverlawn Christian Church, 4243 N. Meridian, Wichita, Kansas.  Private family burial will take place at Kensington Gardens Cemetery.  Memorials may be made to Harry Hynes Memorial Hospice.  Condolences may be shared at www.cozinememorial.com.  Services by Broadway Mortuary, 1147 S. Broadway, Wichita, Kansas 67211.

(taken from the Wichita Eagle website)

I believe that Jim Dewey went to school in Moline, Kansas, maybe graduating from Moline High School.  He was married to Myrtle Doggett from Howard.  Do any of the readers have any other details about his life connected to Elk County?  

ddurbin

Can't add much except that Jim Dewey is pictured in "Through The Years" in the Moline High School class of 1953.

frawin

Myrtle was a neighborhood girl, I remember well when she and Jim dated and were married. Our prayers are with Myrtle and the family.
Frank Winn

Ole Granny

Mabel Dewey was Jim's mother.  Trying to remember his father's name.  One brother who lived in Indpendence has already passed away.  A sister died at a yong age.  Mabel worked for my parents when they ran the Corner Cafe in Moline.  Saw Myrtle a while back at Sam's and had a nice visit with her.  Lovely lady.  Always was.  Another sister, Judy, lived in Winfield the last I knew.
Mabel lived at 415 West 1st. Close to where Skeet Ames lived.

My sympathy to Myrtle and family.
"Perhaps they are not the stars in the sky.
But rather openings where our loved ones,
Shine down to let us know they are happy."
Eskimo Legend

Ole Granny

Eskimo Legend

Ole Granny

Eskimo Legend

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk