Century 16 Movie House, Aurora, Colorado

Started by W. Gray, July 20, 2012, 09:31:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wilma

So, Jarhead, what is the difference?  Is there some connection here to fact and fiction?  Do our young people no longer know the difference?  Even when my children were little there was discussion as to the effect violent comic books or cartoons would have on young people.  Even the babies were supposedly affected.  Fairy tales were far too  violent for young ears.  Maybe there is too much of it available now.  All they have to do is turn on the tube.  It is right there in every show, even cartoons.  But,---would it do any good to ban violence from the media?  I wish someone had the answer.

greatguns

I agree with you Jarhead.  There is NO excuse for this!

Bullwinkle

One big difference , Wilma, is consequences. Not so long ago we hanged people here in Kansas for killing people, i.e. the Clutter family, which I believe was the last hanging. We also got swats in school for not behaving, the same at home or a little worse. And parents didn't have to fear the SRS if they diciplined their kids. The mother in this case knew his cheese was off the cracker, but so far no details of what she knew.

There have been many killers who acted just for the attention, so nothing is going to prevent such egotistical and devious action in these days of world events displayed on the web instantaneously. It's their five minutes of fame, or much longer usually.

I like the necklace, Jarhead, but a good old fashioned rope would save good ordinance. No trap door quick drop either, just slap the horse's ass and let him kick.

Wilma

Oh, my, you have been watching old westerns again, haven't you?

Warph

ABC's Brian Ross Links Aurora, Colorado Mass Killer to Tea Party 7-20-12

IRRESPONSIBLE and DESPICABLE in light of such a human tragedy.
George Stephanopoulos, Good Morning America Anchor and Brian Ross,
ABC News Chief Investigative Correspondent without verification which
was easy to obtain, repeat the Tucson, AZ Gabby Giffords narrative
blaming the Tea Party

"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Diane Amberg

Don't let that stupid stuff get under your skin. Those media people are in constant competition to up end the other networks, get in there first no matter what the accuracy and keep their bosses happy. It's their world and like it or not our brain cells have to edit out the garbage. Remember the old saw,"If it bleeds it leads?" Nothing has changed and now they have to fill 24 hours a day. Ignore it.

Janet Harrington

My personal opinion on this murderer, he is A #1 psychotic. It just took all these years to come out. So sorry for the loss that these families are experiencing and so sorry for the loss of our innocence. We have to quit being a society sitting around thinking someone else is going to take care of us. Stand up and fight!

W. Gray

He will be tried here in Centennial.

Centennial is not the county seat but all the county courts are here.

Some do gooders will try to intervene and prevent the prosecution from asking for the death penalty.

There are currently four people on death row in Colorado. I imagine all will die a natural death.
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

Diane Amberg

In cases like this I don't think you can fight back. He could just have easily thrown a bucket of gasoline across the first few rows and tossed a fusee into it and killed even more.
  My personal feeling is that for his whole life his super intellect carried him along with easy grades, lots of awards and attention, until he started his Ph.D program where he was just one of a bunch of super intelligent young people. He's only 20. It wasn't easy anymore and he wasn't special any more. The profs really started to challenge him. He started having trouble and didn't know how to handle it.  Superior intelligence isn't always accompanied by superior emotional maturity.   He may have been expected to act much older than he is.
  Why he chose this path we may never know. Sadly, he is also the typical age to start showing signs of schizophrenia. It often rears up in young adulthood. A terrible thing for all concerned.  He must never see freedom again.
  Waldo, you must have news vans everywhere. I suspect they'll be interviewing his third grade teacher any day.

Warph

Jonathan Blunk, Matt McQuinn, and Alex Teves saved others' lives and lost their own.

Let us focus on and remember the heroes and celebrate them and their names. Matt McQuinn and Nick Yowler are two... they put themselves between the assassin and their girlfriend and sister Samantha, respectively.  Matt didn't survive.  Samantha and Nick did.  Jarell Brooks is another hero.... helping save a mother and her child in the chaos, putting himself between the shooter and the women.  He survived with a gunshot wound to the leg.  There were others, just as there were at Tucson and Virginia Tech... think Liviu Librescu from Virginia Tech or Bill Badger in Tucson.  These are the names to learn and to remember.

Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one's life for one's friends.  Or his countrymen.  We see it in terrorism, as we saw so famously on Flight 93 and in the World Trade Center, and we see it in every one of these criminally insane events.  There is derangement in the world.  Let us not forget it or neglect it.  There is evil in the world, let us not forget it or neglect it.  And there is love and heroism, too: Let us not forget or neglect that either.  If these events are educational moments in anyway, this is what we need to learn.

These smiling faces are the people whose lives were stolen in Aurora, CO. Don't give the bastard who took these lives any recognition. He is unworthy.

"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk