whats for dinner

Started by srkruzich, July 04, 2012, 10:02:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

srkruzich

I'm making southern barbq with two bbq sauces One for the yankees and one for rebels >:)
Though i think the yankees will like the southern recipe
Cole slaw to put on the barbq sandwichs
Devilled Eggs Hot and mild
Moleasses cake
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Judy Harder

Since I forgot to eat breakfast, I am having a large bowl of cereal.
I make my own with 2 or 3 different cereals. I will also add it to some greek yogurt I
bought yesterday.
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

Diane Amberg

Now that's what Al likes too...yogurt with fruit and nut cereals mixed in.Yummy.
Steve, how do your sauces differ? I like them all.

Teresa

Marshal took me to Bucks BBQ in Sedan tonight for supper.. Had a huge rib eye steak..*medium---medium rare*  french fries, salad and garlic bread. I was a big girl and ate it all ( with help from him of course on my fries..) lol
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Diane Amberg

Baked chicken, coleslaw, sweet corn and strawberry short cake.

srkruzich

southern bbq is vinegar/mustard based.  The other is ketchup/sugar based

Diane Amberg

Thanks Steve.
   We can get both here. Durham's Smoke House, just over the MD line, makes it southern style, on pork or beef or ribs. (We add our own home made cole slaw.) Yummy. He will smoke most anything people want, if they bring it in to him. Really good. "Famous Dave's'' makes the tomato based one .Very smoky and several degrees of hotness available. I like my own too, but with it just us two now, it's hardly worth bothering.

srkruzich

Quote from: Diane Amberg on July 08, 2012, 10:51:46 AM
Thanks Steve.
   We can get both here. Durham's Smoke House, just over the MD line, makes it southern style, on pork or beef or ribs. (We add our own home made cole slaw.) Yummy. He will smoke most anything people want, if they bring it in to him. Really good. "Famous Dave's'' makes the tomato based one .Very smoky and several degrees of hotness available. I like my own too, but with it just us two now, it's hardly worth bothering.

the best is supposed to be maurices bbq sauce.  http://www.mauricesbbq.com/   but i like mine better.  And most of the best sauces you will find  in the south come out of hole in the wall and mom and pop shops and you have no chance in getting the recipe.  They are closely guarded. 

Above tennessee i haven't had a good barbq.  west of mississippi i haven't found good bbq shacks cause most ofwhat they do is barbq beef.  Blech.  Barbq is pork. Period lol.  when you say barbq that is saying it is pork.  You can have barbecued beef or barbecued chicken but barbq is only pork.:)

Sauces are only a part of it, mostly its the smoking of it with hickory and you can't rush it. it takes about 9hours to smoke pork to the right temp and flavor.  many of your shacks roast them in pans to catch the drippings then after its done they deglaze the  pan and capture all the bits n pieces and juice and then mix pepper into it.  THen thats spooned over the bbq and a large dollop of coleslaw on top of the bbq.   Pure d heaven! 

Diane Amberg

Durhams does the L-O-O-O-N-G smoking in his big smokers out back behind his shop, which is an old original log cabin. He does use the drippings too. I like the ribs, pulled pork and the pulled beef.  They have a couple of picnic tables for eating at on their front porch. I agree about the Mom and Pop places. really good, always. Now I'm hungry!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk