What the Declaration of Independence Actually Says . . .

Started by redcliffsw, July 04, 2012, 06:41:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

redcliffsw

If Americans ever began celebrating the real meaning of the Declaration of Independence, then they would embrace the Jeffersonian rights of secession and nullification as a means of fighting back against governmental tyranny. They would also withdraw their support for the U.S. government's aggressive wars of imperialism in the Middle East and elsewhere, along with its hundreds of military bases on every continent on the planet. They might even begin an opposition to being plundered by the incredibly corrupt military/industrial/congressional complex and its main funding sources, the Fed and the income tax.
-Thomas J. DiLorenzo

http://lewrockwell.com/dilorenzo/dilorenzo232.html

Patriot

As he stated in the September 18, 1858 debate with Stephen Douglas: "I will say than that I am not, nor ever have been in favor of bringing about in any way the social and political equality of the white and black races, that I am not nor ever have been in favor of making voters or jurors of negroes, nor of qualifying them to hold office, nor to intermarry with white people; and I will say in addition to this that here is a physical difference between the white and black races which I believe will forever forbid the two races living together on terms of social and political equality. And inasmuch as they cannot so live, while they do remain together there must be the position of superior and inferior, and I as much as any man am in favor of having the superior position assigned to the white race".

So much for the image that Honest Abe was the great savior of the black man.  Next, perhaps we will learn how the Democrats co opted and expanded Lincoln's deceit by joining Republicans to turn his lies into the ultimate slavery of the masses of all races.  Big government, welfare giveaways (both individual & corporate), redistribution of wealth, social engineering, Obamacare, neighborhood revitalization plans and more that ultimately work to keep the vast majority of people in subjection to a relatively small, wealthy political class.  Simply replace Lincoln's words "black" & "white" with the words "public class" & "political class".  Conspiracy?  No, just the natural progression of the evil in the souls of many men & women.  The net effect is, however, that of a vast conspiracy.  How we got here is not as dangerous as the fact that we are here. 

May God help us all.... for way too many are like sheep led to slaughter.

Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

Bullwinkle

Lincoln was not initially in favor of doing away with slavery. It evolved from incidents like the burning of Lawrence,KS that pushed him in that direction. He would have been happy to let it "burn" itself out in the south if the southerners would have kept it there.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk