James C. Lear Elk County Sheriff Candidate

Started by James C. Lear Sr., July 03, 2012, 03:19:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

readyaimduck

Pardon my writing in all purple...I seem to have not posted for a while.

jarhead

Janet,
Some people think that because they drove their uncle's truck on a gravel road, when they were a pup, or perhaps they spent most of their life glued to the boob tube watching re-runs of Green Areas ---and that makes them "country" ;)

Ross

Quote from: Bullwinkle on July 13, 2012, 06:30:03 PM
To risk being called a "Ross" ,

Hey knock that off Bullwinkle! LOL

Ain't nobody else can be a Ross, there is only one, not even my twin brother comes close. LOL
Oop's you didn't know there were two of me. Well, we are as different as day and night.
Sometimes that is a bummer, we can't pass off as each other. Which would be lots of laughs.

I have spoke personally with Mr. Lear and I find him quite personable, but that's all I can say about him.
I think you might enjoy a one on one with him. And I believe Ready to be right, when talking with someone
on a face to face basis you can read a lot by observing.

I have know one of his sons for several years and I can definitely say he is a fine young man who graduated from West Elk and is going to college. Now I hope i haven't overstepped any boundaries by providing that little bit of information. If I have I apologize.

I will also state, that I have made no decisions, who I may vote for in any of the races. I reserve that until the last minute, because anything can happen to change my mind. When I place the "X" that will be my decision and I will keep that to my self as well.

Have a good night.

Bullwinkle

Thanks, Ross and Ready, I agree a face to face let's you see the sincerity of the persons conversation. I just thought we could get a few of his ideas about changing or not changing the way things are now.

It may come as a shock, Jarhead, but the town I grew up in didn't even have a "downtown", was smaller than Moline by far, and surrounded by wheat fields. I drove my uncles tractor , by the way, and I still use it today.  ;)

I didn't mean to start a dictionary war, Janet. Just as there are many interpretations of words in the books, so it seems my feelings about the word differ from yours. Several places I've been outside of Kansas, people have called me hick or hillbilly, clodhopper or countryboy, just for my clothes and speech. The one thing I took offense to was being called an " Okie " LOL   ;D

Janet Harrington

I find that funny, Bullwinkle. Most people call me Janet, no yokel, country, etc. I just took offense to you saying we were a bunch of yokels which means naive, which we are not. Carry on if you please.

Old Yellow

James C. Lear Sr

Question are you a certified Kansas law enforcement officer.

Janet Harrington

Mr. Lear does not have to be a Kansas certified law enforcement officer to run for sheriff. Here is the Kansas Statute that tells one what is required to be sheriff.

19-801b: Qualifications for office; attendance at law enforcement center required; exception; status and salary while in attendance. (a) No person shall be eligible for nomination, election or appointment to the office of sheriff unless such person:
       (1)   Is a citizen of the United States and a qualified elector of the county;

(2)   possesses a high-school education or its recognized equivalent; and

(3)   has never been convicted of or pleaded guilty or entered a plea of nolo contendere to any felony charge, a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence as defined in K.S.A. 74-5602 and amendments thereto or to any violation of any federal or state laws or city ordinances relating to gambling, liquor or narcotics.

(b)   Every person elected to the office of sheriff for the first time, or anyone reelected or appointed to the office after having been out of the office for five years or more shall be required to attend the law enforcement training center as established by K.S.A. 74-5601 et seq., and amendments thereto, and satisfactorily complete the required training course of not less than 320 hours, unless such person has satisfactorily completed such training course within the five years prior to election or appointment, passes a written competency test and firearms proficiency qualification course developed and administered by the Kansas law enforcement training center or unless the director, as defined in subsection (d) of K.S.A. 74-5602, and amendments thereto, waives the requirements of this subsection as provided in K.S.A. 74-5608a and amendments thereto. Unless the requirements are waived, any person elected or appointed to the office of sheriff who has not attended the law enforcement training center shall hold office on a provisional basis, and such person shall attend the next scheduled training program at the law enforcement training center and satisfactorily complete such training program or the one subsequent to it, or shall forfeit such office.

(c)   Each newly elected sheriff of each county who is required to attend the law enforcement training center shall be hired as a deputy sheriff and shall be paid a salary as deputy sheriff while attending the law enforcement training center. The tuition, board, room and travel expense for the sheriff-elect at the law enforcement training center shall be paid by the county.

History:   L. 1972, ch. 75, § 2; L. 1974, ch. 114, § 1; L. 1975, ch. 157, § 1; L. 1977, ch. 89, § 1; L. 1982, ch. 322, § 1; L. 1983, ch. 93, § 1; L. 1995, ch. 180, § 5; L. 1997, ch. 168, § 1; May 22.

The training comes after he has been elected and takes office. When and if he gets elected, he will be attend the sheriff's school for 2 weeks which usually happens the last part of November or first part of Dec. That is a two week school. After that, as soon as he takes office, he will have to register to attend the very next available class to be a certified law enforcement officer.

I am sure that Mr. Lear will answer your question soon. I just wanted you to know that whoever is running for sheriff does not have to be a certified law enforcement officer to run for the office of sheriff.

jarhead

Janet,
You telling me that all those minor infractions for "take or attempt to take fish by hand" would not of disqualified me from running against you for Sheriff ? You picked a fine time to tell me , Lucille !!!
Maybe I should get another oil less compressor for diving just to see if you would try and put the sneak on me for shocking fish . ;D

Patriot

Quote from: jarhead on July 18, 2012, 04:39:29 PM
Janet,
You telling me that all those minor infractions for "take or attempt to take fish by hand" would not of disqualified me from running against you for Sheriff ? You picked a fine time to tell me , Lucille !!!
Maybe I should get another oil less compressor for diving just to see if you would try and put the sneak on me for shocking fish . ;D

Speaking of shocking fish... if you could get elected as sheriff, jarhead, you could shock those fish with your shiny, new, taxpayer provided taser!   And I bet you could spend some taxpayer funds for a new compressor too.  Heck, it's just money. ;D

Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

Janet Harrington

Now, jarhead, you know it wasn't me that put the sneak on you. I don't like water, so you don't have to worry about me. LOL And, yes, you could have ran for sheriff. Why didn't you? LOL

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk