Moline Christian Church Destroyed

Started by patyrn, June 15, 2012, 09:04:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

patyrn

I just saw on Facebook that the Moline Christian Church was struck by lightening during the night and burned.  It looks like a complete loss.  What a shame.....................does anyone have any details???

sixdogsmom

Lightning struck about 2:30 this morning. Not only have we lost that beautiful old church, Elk County has now lost it's food pantry. The food pantry operated out of the church basement--- sounded like a war last night with all the cans exploding. The building is gone, but the church still stands. Thanks for posting this Karen, I was going to but wanted to visit this morning before I did.
Edie

Patriot

Can anyone provide info as to where the pantry might set up temporary operations and where canned goods donated?

Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

Diane Amberg

Clubine Ranch

The loss, due to fire, of the Moline Christian Church is a heartbreak for Pastor Stan and his congregation and to all of us thoughout Elk County. Their congregation is a generous hard working group. Our prayers go with them for courage and strength to make decisions and plans for their needs. God be with them.

readyaimduck

As soon as anyone has any information as to where we can donate to the food pantry, or if the congregation will relocate/rebuild, please post as our town/Church can help with donations. 

My heart goes out to the pastor, congregation and citizens.

ready

sixdogsmom

Monetary donations for the food pantry may be sent to:

Glen Ridgeway
PO Box 84
Moline, Kansas 67353

or they may be sent to:

Betty Roman
PO Box 343
Moline Kansas 67353

Please make certain that the donations are specified for the food pantry. No food donations are being accepted at this time since there is no place to store them. I will however be more than happy to post when the food pantry is set up in another location.

BTW, the church is a total loss. I drove by there again this evening. There is still some fire down in the basement area. We have our brave firefighters and first responders to thank for preserving the safety of the townspeople. They did well last night; keeping our little town from becoming a holocaust. Thank you so much to each one of you. I especially feel for the folks who have attended this beautiful old church all their lives. I have heard several stories about Christmas angels from that tall ceiling before the false one was installed. That must have been an awesome sight! Sadly they will never be able to quite invision that sight again. Thanks folks for the outpouring of Christian love. God bless each one of you.

On the bright side------- none of us will have to wear those suffocating choir robes again.  :D :D :D
Edie

readyaimduck

Thank you six, and as I said before when I first got on this foum....you REALLY need to fix those glasses!   ;D
ready and thank you

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk